3%
Salisbury
12%
Westminster OS
12%

Total votes : 98

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Postby S Demon » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:45 am

I'm sure it's been discussed on here before and it's a Monday morning so my brain can't figure it out, what happens with promotion/relegation with Div 3 only having 9 sides. Which divisions are effected with how many go up/down..?

As in - is it only 1 goes down from Division 3 onwards?

Talking to a bloke from Hectorville over the weekend and he seemed to think that it was only one down from Div 4. If this is the case, then looking at the draw for Glenunga and Hectorville, it could come down to their Round 18 clash to decide who stays up
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:37 pm

div 4 and div 5 currently dont have a bye so 2 would go down from each of them divs id assume only in the divs that have a bye 1 team would go down
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Q. » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:06 pm

It depends on what avenue the league takes to fill the vacant spot. Ideally, a club currently in another league fills the vacant spot, which, depending on how you manipulate promotion/relegation, could have them slot in any of D3 to D7.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:54 pm

Seeing some of the results over the last few weeks and with some games coming it's looking increasingly likely that you might make the 5 with only 8 wins and percentage. Really tightened up over the last 3 weeks.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby zedman » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:50 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Seeing some of the results over the last few weeks and with some games coming it's looking increasingly likely that you might make the 5 with only 8 wins and percentage. Really tightened up over the last 3 weeks.

from what i heard with the finish there must have been some tense and emotional scenes at heccies last saturday after the siren? that result is going to be critical in regards to relegation this year and also being a "4 point game" its numerically dangerous for HFC..

milo getting the job done in the second half of the year which is great to see..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby wonder_kid » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:10 pm

a very disappointing last qtr in the A grade today with one umpire deciding to ruin a massive game for both clubs ! now no 11 for us deserved his yellow card but to firstly not yellow card no 4 for the elbow to the head to begin with was a disgrace , then secondly to yellow card 2 more players for just questioning the decision without abuse or swear words used was an utter farcical and that umpire should be shamed of himself. which then left us with 17 players as we had an injured player ruined the game which would have been a grandstand finish!

The b grade for Kenilworth had a great win and are starting to play some good footy at the right end of the year beating a team above us for the first time this year looking fwd to the last 3 rounds and then finals for sure
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby Bluedemon » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:16 am

wonder_kid wrote:a very disappointing last qtr in the A grade today with one umpire deciding to ruin a massive game for both clubs ! now no 11 for us deserved his yellow card but to firstly not yellow card no 4 for the elbow to the head to begin with was a disgrace , then secondly to yellow card 2 more players for just questioning the decision without abuse or swear words used was an utter farcical and that umpire should be shamed of himself. which then left us with 17 players as we had an injured player ruined the game which would have been a grandstand finish!

The b grade for Kenilworth had a great win and are starting to play some good footy at the right end of the year beating a team above us for the first time this year looking fwd to the last 3 rounds and then finals for sure

No 4 is the coach, sounds like he is leading from the front with his elbows
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times

Postby Dols » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:12 am

wonder_kid wrote:a very disappointing last qtr in the A grade today with one umpire deciding to ruin a massive game for both clubs ! now no 11 for us deserved his yellow card but to firstly not yellow card no 4 for the elbow to the head to begin with was a disgrace , then secondly to yellow card 2 more players for just questioning the decision without abuse or swear words used was an utter farcical and that umpire should be shamed of himself. which then left us with 17 players as we had an injured player ruined the game which would have been a grandstand finish!

players will go back to the B grade to try and win the premiership, that's how it works when the A grades season is over. Doesn't it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby wonder_kid » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:10 am

typical nth haven answer there mate ! we still aren't safe from relegation yet or officially out of the finals race maybe do some research mate before making stupid comments !
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Postby S Demon » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:07 pm

Cool story bro
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby wonder_kid » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:31 pm

the factual story bro
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Postby wonder_kid » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:31 pm

S Demon wrote:

Cool story bro

if that's your best response why bother
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:41 pm

It was a pretty shithouse incident but the result stands. Good to see you FC I'll get that drink back on my next visit to Valley Rd.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:08 am

Any reason why the last post was removed?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:18 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Any reason why the last post was removed?

I didn't even hear it?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:30 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Any reason why the last post was removed?

Yeah, what post? I didn't see anything after your post that I liked.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:34 am

wonder_kid wrote:
S Demon wrote:

Cool story bro

if that's your best response why bother

You conveniently forgot to mention the other incident? That wasn't shithouse?

Those in glass houses... yada yada yada..

I'm so glad I'm retired :lol:

On a good note, great to see the former premiership coach donning the flouros on the weekend in the A grade for the Kookas - just goes to show what a fantastic club guy he is.

Also lovely to see Blakey back 8)

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby wonder_kid » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:03 pm

I didn't comment because I didn't see it was blocked by the coaches box no point assuming what happened :)
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:28 pm

You're a clown WK :).

In my opinion even if it was deemed as "clumsy" he has still run past and elbowed him flush in the head at pace, that's going to upset any environment and it was in full view of the home crowd and umpire. The Kenilworth bloke deserved his send off as you can't do that on a footy field however there should have been an initial send off also. A bit of credit goes to both clubs with some restraint as that had the potential to get reallllll ugly.

That's footy and I've seen much worse an incident overall in my 15 years of senior footy. All the best to Hope Valley for the rest of the year.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:32 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:You're a clown WK :).

In my opinion even if it was deemed as "clumsy" he has still run past and elbowed him flush in the head at pace, that's going to upset any environment and it was in full view of the home crowd and umpire. The Kenilworth bloke deserved his send off as you can't do that on a footy field however there should have been an initial send off also. A bit of credit goes to both clubs with some restraint as that had the potential to get reallllll ugly.

That's footy and I've seen much worse an incident overall in my 15 years of senior footy. All the best to Hope Valley for the rest of the year.

agreed

Footy Chick

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League