Yorke Peninsula League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

Postby one day I will » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:59 am

Robran wrote:
one day I will wrote:Wats the deal with a couple of the Eastern park boys leaving the cougars?

Who may they be ???

T.gatto R.keen
one day I will
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby On The Chest » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:08 pm

Slowey wrote:
On The Chest wrote:
one day I will wrote:Does anyone know how shane tuck went on the weekend, did he bring a crowd with him?

Played very well in the 1st and 4th quarters. Bit quieter in 2nd and 3rd. I did notice that there were a few extra people there that had made the trip to watch but not what I would call massive numbers of extras. e and his family stayed for the evening and mixed in well with the locals.

Rumoured 3k for the day I think he would have mixed in very well for the day/night.
How this was allowed middle of the year is beyond me. Kudos to Ardrossan great idea and if it made more people come and watch than it worked out well.
What was the rules for this to happen in the end? Did Ardrossan have to drop points on the Saturday as stated previously?

Not sure he got paid. Didn't have Issues with points. Davey and Sutcliffe didn't play.
On The Chest
Under 16s

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby alcho-pop » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:24 pm

On The Chest wrote:
Robran wrote:
one day I will wrote:Wats the deal with a couple of the Eastern park boys leaving the cougars?

Who may they be ???

Talking to one of the cougars locals on the weekend and found that one of the Gatto's and another whose name escapes me have left. I 'm told the issue was that the Adelaide based players have not been training as required. Caught out by the coach. A couple couldn't commit to training once a week but still wanted the coin.

Not training as required = not training at the location the club required but were still training.
Caught out by coach??? not so, coach was aware of their training arrangements but to my knowledge the club was not prepared to bend
Couldn't commit to training where the club required - true, not the sole decision to leave though.
but still wanted the coin?? Not true at all and the reason both are not there, completely there decision and nothing forced by the club.
alcho-pop

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Undercover agent » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:16 pm

Gatto and keen certainly didnt leave due to not training they just weren't enjoying there footy and certainly weren't on any big cash either both had pretty good reasons for leaving and wanting to return to there home clubs
Undercover agent

Been liked: 4 times

Postby OnSong » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:20 pm

It seems an obvious question but what were the reasons then?
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby alcho-pop » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:19 am

OnSong wrote:It seems an obvious question but what were the reasons then?

Not really something that needs to be discussed on a public forum but I'm sure if you spoke directly to the players or the coach they'd be happy to let you know
alcho-pop

Postby OnSong » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:00 am

alcho-pop wrote:
OnSong wrote:It seems an obvious question but what were the reasons then?

Not really something that needs to be discussed on a public forum but I'm sure if you spoke directly to the players or the coach they'd be happy to let you know

Yeah, that's fine. Just the way the "reasons" were not explained could easily lead to further speculation on what they indeed were.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Undercover agent » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:09 pm

No need for speculation the boys weren't enjoying there footy up there anymore and wanted to return to there home clubs no harm in that
Undercover agent

Postby OnSong » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:30 pm

Undercover agent wrote:No need for speculation the boys weren't enjoying there footy up there anymore and wanted to return to there home clubs no harm in that

Why couldn't that be discussed in a public forum?
OnSong
Coach

Postby countryfootyfan » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:15 pm

OnSong wrote:
Undercover agent wrote:No need for speculation the boys weren't enjoying there footy up there anymore and wanted to return to there home clubs no harm in that

That's fine, but leaving half way through the year? Couldn't finish the year off? Surely there was more to it than just not enjoying it? Not that It really matters - if they are gone then they are gone. Those boys had been there for a few years hadn't they?
countryfootyfan
Under 18s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby countryfootyfan » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:17 pm

On a different note - surprised to see CMS give Bute a touch up by that much! Did they have several players out?
countryfootyfan
Under 18s

Postby one day I will » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:00 pm

countryfootyfan wrote:On a different note - surprised to see CMS give Bute a touch up by that much! Did they have several players out?

6 starting A graders were missing from round 1. With hardly any depth its very costly, but gotta give cms credit they played really well and also looked to have a few inclusions since the last time.
one day I will
Under 16s

Postby alcho-pop » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:28 pm

countryfootyfan wrote:
OnSong wrote:

That's fine, but leaving half way through the year? Couldn't finish the year off? Surely there was more to it than just not enjoying it? Not that It really matters - if they are gone then they are gone. Those boys had been there for a few years hadn't they?

ya don't 'enjoy it' for a number of reasons All of which don't need to be topic of discussion on a public forum. If you need more detail the players and coach had discussions about these reasons and they're the appropriate source.

Like you said 4th and 3rd year respectively at the Cougars and yes they probably could've quite easily rocked up for the rest of the year and received a little extra pocket money but what good would that have done either party?

Good on em for doing the right thing by themselves and the club.
alcho-pop

Postby Borat » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:32 pm

one day I will wrote:
countryfootyfan wrote:On a different note - surprised to see CMS give Bute a touch up by that much! Did they have several players out?

6 starting A graders were missing from round 1. With hardly any depth its very costly, but gotta give cms credit they played really well and also looked to have a few inclusions since the last time.

congratulaytions bute on winning another woodn spoon for their spoon cabinet
back to back spoons for there $20k a year coach? :shock:
Borat

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby one day I will » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:02 pm

Borat wrote:
one day I will wrote:

congratulaytions bute on winning another woodn spoon for their spoon cabinet
back to back spoons for there $20k a year coach? :shock:

Back to Back? Your a peanut borat, who finished bottom last year?
one day I will
Under 16s

Postby On The Chest » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:50 pm

alcho-pop wrote:
countryfootyfan wrote:
OnSong wrote:

ya don't 'enjoy it' for a number of reasons All of which don't need to be topic of discussion on a public forum. If you need more detail the players and coach had discussions about these reasons and they're the appropriate source.

Like you said 4th and 3rd year respectively at the Cougars and yes they probably could've quite easily rocked up for the rest of the year and received a little extra pocket money but what good would that have done either party?

I'm pretty confident that from the people I have spoken to at cougar town, their reason for leaving is about the training set up, or lack there of and still wanting money. All the locals seem to tell the same story. Mind you, Gatto and family been there a while now.
I trust that the coach will advise all concerned and at least put all the local players, sponsors and committee people at ease then.
In the end, they are gone. Life moves on.
Play on next week.
On The Chest
Under 16s

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Undercover agent » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:09 pm

Exactly right players come players go that's footy but I know for a fact both lads left on pretty good terms and are certainly enjoying there footy a lot more than they were a few weeks ago
Undercover agent

Postby countryfootyfan » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:56 pm

alcho-pop wrote:
countryfootyfan wrote:
OnSong wrote:

Would have thought after 3 and 4 years playing with the same lads there, would have at least stuck out the season helping their mates on the field regardless of committee, training or coach indescresions or whatever the issue is, especially whilst CY are in their current form slump. Am guessing there must be a few internal issues at the mountain?
countryfootyfan
Under 18s

Postby alcho-pop » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:10 am

Would have thought after 3 and 4 years playing with the same lads there, would have at least stuck out the season helping their mates on the field regardless of committee, training or coach indescresions or whatever the issue is, especially whilst CY are in their current form slump. Am guessing there must be a few internal issues at the mountain?

I guess ya can concoct whatever views you like of the club and choose not to seek/listen to the personal opinions of those at the centre of the topic.
If you look back to 3 years ago there was a heavy influence of mates which got these 2 involved with the club to start off with, with the majority of those mates gone, S Gatto out injured for the rest of the season and Haughey only just returning from a 6 week holiday maybe they felt as though they had more mates that they wanted to help on field at the club they spent the first 24 years of their lives at?
alcho-pop

Postby OnSong » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:28 am

Anyone else get the impression someone shouldn't be talking in the third person here?
OnSong
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy