West Coast Eagles Season 2015

Talk on the national game

Re: West Coast Eagles Season 2015

Postby MJ_23 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:01 am

helicopterking wrote:
MJ_23 wrote:Was very disappointed to lose that game, we had them cooked just before 3 quarter time and we took the foot off the throat and then let them get the momentum. The reason North won that game was because they wanted it more in close and thats the bottom line.

Liam Duggan is going to be some sort of player for the Eagles, he was incredible in close and when it mattered. The injuries to players like Selwood have actually been a positive as it has given Duggan, Sheed and co plenty of time.

Selwood was disappointing and looks under done, Brad Shepard was terrific again and has been awesome this year as has Wellingham and Masten. Sam Butler is playing great footy.

Darling kicked 5 in the two's and looks likely to return and we should take the red vest off Sheed this week and throw him back in the middle. Need to beat Essendon this week and go to the bye 8-3.

We still have Richmond coming off the bye, at the MCG before our bye. Can't really afford to drop any of the next 2.

9-3 then ;)
MJ_23
Under 16s

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Tumby Bay

Postby MJ_23 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:14 am

Judd retires today.

One of our greatest ever players and so entertaining during his time at the Eagles. Probably the best player i have ever seen live.
MJ_23
Under 16s

Postby MJ_23 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:36 pm

9-3 at the bye

Terrific win tonight at the G against a in form side and fresh and really we should have won by more. Gaff absolutely outstanding along with Yeo, Gov and Nic Nat.

Scott Selwood is pretty much a liability out there for the Eagles, His form tonight was as bad as i have seen from Scoot ever. Duggan giving a lot more
MJ_23
Under 16s

Postby helicopterking » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:16 am

MJ_23 wrote:9-3 at the bye

Terrific win tonight at the G against a in form side and fresh and really we should have won by more. Gaff absolutely outstanding along with Yeo, Gov and Nic Nat.

Scott Selwood is pretty much a liability out there for the Eagles, His form tonight was as bad as i have seen from Scoot ever. Duggan giving a lot more

Awesome win tonight. Game plan stood up. 25- 13 free against when we dominated plays a bit odd.
Selwood looks like he doesn't understand the game plan. Hasn't played a lot of footy, but would want to improve quick.
Rosa looked short of a run.
Don't think we can do any serious damage with both Hill and Cripps in the team. Go missing way too often, would rather play an extra backman so we can play Yeo in front of centre.
Noticeable improvement from Gaff,Nic Nat,Sinclair, Yeo, Shep,Sheed and Wellingham are the reason we are 8-3.
Ellis played excellent tonight, makes good decisions, hopefully can stay injury free.
What I'd usually expect from now on in is a slow tapering off of form, but the fact a lot of our blokes haven't played a lot of footy due to injury(Ellis,Selwood,Rosa,Darling + more) means we these guys will lift when the others tire.
We need to snare a win against either Hawks,Sydney or Freo to finish top 4, all help by playing them at Subi.
Well deserved break.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby MJ_23 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:35 am

helicopterking wrote:

Awesome win tonight. Game plan stood up. 25- 13 free against when we dominated plays a bit odd.
Selwood looks like he doesn't understand the game plan. Hasn't played a lot of footy, but would want to improve quick.
Don't think we can do any serious damage with both Hill and Cripps in the team. Go missing way too often, would rather play an extra backman so we can play Yeo in front of centre.
Noticeable improvement from Gaff,Nic Nat,Sinclair, Yeo, Shep,Sheed and Wellingham are the reason we are 8-3.
Ellis played excellent tonight, makes good decisions, hopefully can stay injury free.
What I'd usually expect from now on in is a slow tapering off of form, but the fact a lot of our blokes haven't played a lot of footy due to injury(Ellis,Selwood,Rosa,Darling + more) means we these guys will lift when the others tire.
We need to snare a win against either Hawks,Sydney or Freo to finish top 4, all help by playing them at Subi.
Well deserved break.

Harsh on Cripps, he battled hard tonight with a corky, kicked a couple and his WR is first class. Hill was quiet tonight but has been really good since he came into the side.

Scoot is gone IMO, had 3 weeks and was easily our worst on the ground tonight, Agree re game plan doesn't understand the quick give and go it seems.

Darling looked really ominous and as you mentioned X was excellent. Gaff was unbelievable and would be a smokey for AA his last 4 weeks has been incredibly good
MJ_23
Under 16s

Postby helicopterking » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:57 am

MJ_23 wrote:
helicopterking wrote:

Well deserved break.

Harsh on Cripps, he battled hard tonight with a corky, kicked a couple and his WR is first class. Hill was quiet tonight but has been really good since he came into the side.

Scoot is gone IMO, had 3 weeks and was easily our worst on the ground tonight, Agree re game plan doesn't understand the quick give and go it seems.

Darling looked really ominous and as you mentioned X was excellent. Gaff was unbelievable and would be a smokey for AA his last 4 weeks has been incredibly good

I'm saying Hill and Cripps can't both play at once if we want to go anywhere. Go missing for long periods of time. Some of Hills tackling efforts were pathetic tonight. Cripps has complained of a corky 6 of his last 7 games. I think he offers more than Hill. We play an extra tall down back, then Yeo can take Hills spot on the forward flank.
Still Selwood hasn't played a lot of footy over the last 2 years, but along with Mitch Brown, are serious trade bait.
Gaff has gone next level all season, and is a guaranteed AA, injury pending.
Finally we are a reasonable position to say- who does Butler come in for? Got plenty of blokes in form in the WAFL aswell.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby carey » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:13 am

I've seriously sold you blokes short. The West Coast Eagles are a good side make no doubt about it. Pre-Season I had you blokes 9th-10th your a shoe in for 4th. Such an even spread. Very strong book ends, Don't rely on anyone in particular in the midfield, dangerous forward line and Nic Nat finally living up to what everyone thought he would be. Gee he was super tonight.

Selwood looked terrible, let him go to Geelong Cripps looks a 10 year player let him take Selwoods spot.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2810 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby helicopterking » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:36 am

Another impressive win.
My Fav stats
73 inside 50s
13 goal scorers.
Dom Sheed should receive a Rising Star nomination today.
Collingwood, at Ethihad, should be another really good test. Should be a gem of a game.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby helicopterking » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:01 pm

Won't be getting Coniglio, re-signed with GWS for another 2 years.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:12 pm

carey wrote:I've seriously sold you blokes short. The West Coast Eagles are a good side make no doubt about it. Pre-Season I had you blokes 9th-10th your a shoe in for 4th. Such an even spread. Very strong book ends, Don't rely on anyone in particular in the midfield, dangerous forward line and Nic Nat finally living up to what everyone thought he would be. Gee he was super tonight.

Selwood looked terrible, let him go to Geelong Cripps looks a 10 year player let him take Selwoods spot.

If Selwood is gawn he'll fit right in with us.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Postby MJ_23 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:14 pm

Really good win on the weekend, we played poorly but years gone by we would have lost that game in the same situation.

Shame to lose Gov for weeks and also Duggan for the year in the WAFL (How Selwood was playing instead of Duggan still has me bewildered).

The umpiring was absolutely disgusting along with the commentary but what can you expect with Dermie and Riccutio.

Wellingham has been in stellar form along with Masten and Nic Nat. Big game against the Swans this week, haven't beaten them home or away for a long time
MJ_23
Under 16s

Postby helicopterking » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:34 pm

MJ_23 wrote:Really good win on the weekend, we played poorly but years gone by we would have lost that game in the same situation.

Shame to lose Gov for weeks and also Duggan for the year in the WAFL (How Selwood was playing instead of Duggan still has me bewildered).

The umpiring was absolutely disgusting along with the commentary but what can you expect with Dermie and Riccutio.

Wellingham has been in stellar form along with Masten and Nic Nat. Big game against the Swans this week, haven't beaten them home or away for a long time

Really looking forward to this weekend. Got a big feeling Nic Nat will rip the game apart.
Not sure who replaces McGov, all the talk is about First gamer Barass. Might be worth a crack,play the next 2 weeks and see if he can handle it before we play the hawks. I don't really want Yeo playing down back, he adds to much to our midfield and scoring options.
I find it odd that Simpson has refused to play Darling at CHB. Had no influence at all last weekend at CHF.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby MJ_23 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:10 pm

helicopterking wrote:
MJ_23 wrote:Really good win on the weekend, we played poorly but years gone by we would have lost that game in the same situation.

Really looking forward to this weekend. Got a big feeling Nic Nat will rip the game apart.
Not sure who replaces McGov, all the talk is about First gamer Barass. Might be worth a crack,play the next 2 weeks and see if he can handle it before we play the hawks. I don't really want Yeo playing down back, he adds to much to our midfield and scoring options.
I find it odd that Simpson has refused to play Darling at CHB. Had no influence at all last weekend at CHF.

Toovey dominates him every time they play.

Would rather he starts forward especially this week
MJ_23
Under 16s

Postby MJ_23 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:44 pm

Murray Newman elevated and a chance with Hill having a sore shoulder. Word that Selwood sore as well
MJ_23
Under 16s

Postby helicopterking » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:54 pm

MJ_23 wrote:Murray Newman elevated and a chance with Hill having a sore shoulder. Word that Selwood sore as well

Selwood had a hit to the knee last week. Went off, but played on.
Josh Hill got his first hard ball get this year, got tackled. We got a goal from it, but he looked sore, but also played on.
Wouldn't mind seeing Newman at some stage, invested a lot in him. Can't see him being that damaging against Sydney tho.
Tom Barrass to debut in replace of McGovern.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby MJ_23 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:15 pm

Great win yesterday, Absolutely dominated the second quarter, didn't allow Sydney inside 50 for over 25 minutes through the second and third quarter.

44 to 16 inside fifties at one stage is just unbelievable.

Brad Shepard has been unbelievable this year. Josh Hill looked flat and sore and would give him a spell next week.

So happy with what Simpson has done with this group!
MJ_23
Under 16s

Postby helicopterking » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:07 pm

Sheed,Nelson and Barrass all signed contract extensions.
Brilliant stuff.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:08 pm

Beat Hawthorn or GTFO Eagles. ;)

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby stan » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:34 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:Beat Hawthorn or GTFO Eagles. ;)

regards,

REB

Soo simple hey
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:27 pm

stan wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:Beat Hawthorn or GTFO Eagles. ;)

regards,

REB

Soo simple hey

Who cares. Just do it already. ;)

Regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL