wubsy's Sydney thread

Talk on the national game

Re: Sydney Swans 2015

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:52 am

Booney wrote:Hey Wub's, what do you think of Wayne Careys' call, trade Tippett while you can and get rid of the $800k from the salary cap for a bloke who gets 5 touches a week?

to honest mate, not 100% sure. I was giving tippett this year his final chance... haven't actually listed to what carey said last night, so i'll listen to that today and get back to you.

salary cap shouldn't be a real issue because we couldn't bring in anyone during the trade period and players were either moved on or retired from the 2014 season..

we need another key defender if anything due to richards only having a season or 2 left and grundy, well grundy. I think we should go after rance...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3068 times
Been liked: 2437 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:53 am

You would need another 700k at least to get rance...
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:57 am

bennymacca wrote:You would need another 700k at least to get rance...

would the exits of o'keefe, LRT, goodes (at the end of this season) and others delisted players cover that?
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:59 am

Would all of them add up to 700? Maybe. You need to worry about holding onto players like Parker though (not sure the status of his contract, but he would certainly command a hefty pay rise if he was coming out of contract in the next year or so)
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby RoosterMan » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:03 am

bennymacca wrote:A thread running its course is not a reason to delete it, it's a reason to lock it and leave it like that. Pretty poor form imo

I'm not the admin/mod so it was up to them whether they wanted to delete it or not. I asked for it to be deleted, it was up to them whether they wanted to grant my request or not.
RoosterMan
Rookie

Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury West

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:11 am

RoosterMan wrote:
bennymacca wrote:A thread running its course is not a reason to delete it, it's a reason to lock it and leave it like that. Pretty poor form imo

I'm not the admin/mod so it was up to them whether they wanted to delete it or not. I asked for it to be deleted, it was up to them whether they wanted to grant my request or not.

It was going around in circles, I agree. Ultimately those threads run their course and drop down the page when everyone has had their say / had enough / beaten their head against the wall for too long.

It was and is a sensitive / emotive issue and probably best it was shut down before parties crossed a line that you can't come back over.....
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7634 times
Been liked: 11103 times

Postby RoosterMan » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:19 am

Booney wrote:
RoosterMan wrote:

It was going around in circles, I agree. Ultimately those threads run their course and drop down the page when everyone has had their say / had enough / beaten their head against the wall for too long.

It was and is a sensitive / emotive issue and probably best it was shut down before parties crossed a line that you can't come back over.....

Which was why I requested to have it deleted Booney.

It was heading towards the point of no return so I thought it best to ask to have it pulled.
RoosterMan
Rookie

Postby stampy » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:20 am

what a croc
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 345 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby helicopterking » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:23 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
Booney wrote:Hey Wub's, what do you think of Wayne Careys' call, trade Tippett while you can and get rid of the $800k from the salary cap for a bloke who gets 5 touches a week?

to honest mate, not 100% sure. I was giving tippett this year his final chance... haven't actually listed to what carey said last night, so i'll listen to that today and get back to you.

salary cap shouldn't be a real issue because we couldn't bring in anyone during the trade period and players were either moved on or retired from the 2014 season..

we need another key defender if anything due to richards only having a season or 2 left and grundy, well grundy. I think we should go after rance...

Other than Rance, out of the rest of the group under free agency maybe Pears,Tarrant, Garland, Grima. Not a lot of quality options, but Garland is probably the pick of those blokes. Sam Reid needs to stay down back.
Your ruck position is probably something you need to look at as well. Maybe Leuenberger.
You could probably get both Garland and Leuenberger for the same cash as Tippett.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 683 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:25 am

helicopterking wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

Other than Rance, out of the rest of the group under free agency maybe Pears,Tarrant, Garland, Grima. Not a lot of quality options, but Garland is probably the pick of those blokes. Sam Reid needs to stay down back.
Your ruck position is probably something you need to look at as well. Maybe Leuenberger.
You could probably get both Garland and Leuenberger for the same cash as Tippett.

agreed. Tippett goes alright there, but i think he was meant to be a stay at home forward, then the trade ban came and or preferred pick for that role went to port...
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:41 am

I quite like Reid spending some minutes up forward .. If you have the KP forwards and backs he makes the perfect swingman.

I wouldn't give up on Tippett yet, he's still structurally important to the Swans and is capable of better performances.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4470 times
Been liked: 3012 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:45 am

JK wrote:I quite like Reid spending some minutes up forward .. If you have the KP forwards and backs he makes the perfect swingman.

I wouldn't give up on Tippett yet, he's still structurally important to the Swans and is capable of better performances.

Reid has been good this year.

certainly haven't given up on tippett,... most definately agree with your last sentence.
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:47 am

JK wrote:I quite like Reid spending some minutes up forward .. If you have the KP forwards and backs he makes the perfect swingman.

I'm on the fence with Reid, I thought he was going to be something really special a couple of years ago but currently rate him as a B at best, has a great set of hands and looks as strong as an ox, perhaps he's a little lost at the moment being overlooked as a tall forward option, I think he could do more damage consistently than Tippett.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4366 times
Been liked: 8076 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:48 am

woodublieve12 wrote:

Reid has been good this year.

certainly haven't given up on tippett,... most definately agree with your last sentence.

Something has to click with big Kurt, you can't be that big and robust and be as useful as a statue.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:50 am

as a supporter reid has been incredibly frustrating... i thought he arrived in the 2012 GF, was outstanding that day. 2013, 14 season he went back to his inconsistant best... But this year he has been showing some very good signs and his work down back and up forward has been very solid.
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby RoosterMan » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:57 am

Fox Footy host compares Adam Goodes' 'war dance' to gay marriage in a bizarre TV interview, but media commentator Waleed Aly says adverse reaction to the celebration is more sinister.

http://media.smh.com.au/video-sport/vid ... 77502.html
RoosterMan
Rookie

Postby JK » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:00 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

I'm on the fence with Reid, I thought he was going to be something really special a couple of years ago but currently rate him as a B at best, has a great set of hands and looks as strong as an ox, perhaps he's a little lost at the moment being overlooked as a tall forward option, I think he could do more damage consistently than Tippett.

I think Reid is one of those types that might never (maybe) be suited as no.1 defender or no.1 forward .. But give him the 2nd or 3rd forward/defender and he's pretty bloody tough to match up on. As has been touched on, a little consistency would help, but he's a big lad and still young, his best footy should well and truly be ahead of him still.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4470 times
Been liked: 3012 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:08 am

JK wrote:I think Reid is one of those types that might never (maybe) be suited as no.1 defender or no.1 forward .. But give him the 2nd or 3rd forward/defender and he's pretty bloody tough to match up on. As has been touched on, a little consistency would help, but he's a big lad and still young, his best footy should well and truly be ahead of him still.

You'd think so.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Jase » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:18 am

RoosterMan wrote:Fox Footy host compares Adam Goodes' 'war dance' to gay marriage in a bizarre TV interview, but media commentator Waleed Aly says adverse reaction to the celebration is more sinister.

So there was a dedicated topic for this sort of thing, that you created and then had deleted and now are putting the same sort of thing in the Sydney Swans thread, which will most likely derail the topic again...

Sure why not...
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1528 times
Been liked: 573 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:24 am

Jase wrote:
RoosterMan wrote:Fox Footy host compares Adam Goodes' 'war dance' to gay marriage in a bizarre TV interview, but media commentator Waleed Aly says adverse reaction to the celebration is more sinister.

So there was a dedicated topic for this sort of thing, that you created and then had deleted and now are putting the same sort of thing in the Sydney Swans thread, which will most likely derail the topic again...

Sure why not...

Thank you Jase, I nearly left the room.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL