EP Football - PLFL, GFFL, MWFL, FWFL, EEFL

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: EP Football - PLFL, GFFL, MWFL, FWFL, EEFL

Postby Not a poster » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:15 pm

For what its worth......

Tassys vs mallees-toss a coin for this one , will lean twds mallees.
Souths vs marbles-will definetly need a plfl budget/programme for this one -plenty of new faces-souths to win as the always out the blocks early.
Bostons vs waybacks-will be a close one -no doubt there is a spring in bostons step at the moment but-waybacks for me.

Would have a couple bob on MM for the sunday mail medal and a coupla more on the young fella from MArbles for best u/21(no 1 at ravendale the other day)very quick and impressive.
Not a poster
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby captian cook » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:31 am

[quote="heater31"]No need to yell.....turn your caps lock off please :)[/quote
sorry
captian cook

Postby bombers boy » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:41 pm

mallee in a close one have heard Tassie have a fair few out

waybacks over Boston

MR to bet souths
bombers boy
Under 16s

Been liked: 1 time

Postby ironknob » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:31 pm

any results from todays games
ironknob
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Tasman

Postby Yangebup » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:06 pm

ironknob wrote:any results from todays games

Only to half time scores....Bostons were up 8 goals to 4 against Waybacks & M/Range were up 7 goals to 3 against LS
Yangebup
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby bombers boy » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:14 am

after my bad tipping last week I better have another go tasmans, boston, MP
bombers boy
Under 16s

Postby Old Son » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:28 pm

I'll have a go Bostons, MP and Waybacks
Old Son
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times

Postby steakn » Fri May 01, 2015 10:37 am

Early predictions in AFL footy are nightmare, GCS would have been in most peoples top 8-10, Bulldogs nearer the bottom, at the top level it can be hard to pick. Country footy completely different(obviously), however the last 15 years in PLFL has seen 3 consistent scenarios.
1. Bostons struggle
2. Mallee Park competitive if not finding the ultimate success
3. Waybacks don't seem to bottom out.
Obviously Souths, Tasmans and Rangers have had their seasons of success as shown by Tasmans recent dominance.

This year is the first year in a long time when i don't believe there is a 3 tiered or 2 tiered comp. Hindsight might make a fool of me, but watching the majority of both grades/matches last weekend it will be really interesting to see how this year pans out.

Tasmans - early favourites for me on the back of several strong seasons and a playing group that has learnt to win, regardless of a small amount of player movement still possess a list that would make most regional football clubs jealous. Their top 30 players are extremely handy and if remain a healthy list should make top 2, their reserves can make finals injuries permitting, but if the seniors lose half a dozen, the reserves will cop the brunt.
I expect A grade to finish 1st & the ressies to finish 6th.

Mallee Park- as stated earlier always competitive, i think they will be around the top 2, they generally dont seem to cop too many key player injuries.
Picked up a couple from Koonibba like usual, and depending on their impact i think a similar result to last year will be on the cards.
A grade 2nd-3rd & Reserves 2nd-3rd

Bostons - to continue on their resurgence, i reckon if they can gel they could go all the way this year. A very deep list and some footballers with experience in success coming through. Their senior list boasts some genuine stars in Miller/Dorward/Castley backed up by a handy cast of mids/smalls and talls. I heard yesterday that even their reserves have 35+ to choose from. Most of the long term people at the club deserve some success and i reckon this year will be a good opportunity to finally see some.
A grade 2nd-3rd & Reserves 1st

Waybacks - back to the future right here, Kelsh/Goodwin/Cragg-Sappsford, 10 years ago these were the guys to propel the WFC to a period of success(amongst a very handy playing group), Add Keatley who from after their last premiership played some outstanding football.
Talking to some respected PLFL legends, they may be fighting an uphill battle to relive the glory days. However, these 4 footballers still have genuine talent and match-winning ability. Once you've thrown Rawson, Shaun Maxfield(state player mind you), Jefferson, Perkins in the mix you still have a very strong core. Whether the older quartet can contribute significantly week in week out will be a telling factor to how they go this year because with all due respect their list does start to thin out towards the last 10-20 (both A/B combined) Waybacks reserves have been the ultimate team in recent seasons winning 4 flags straight, combining past stars with quality juniors. Among those groups mentioned(past stars & juniors) someif not most will find themselves playing seniors regulary.
A grade 4th-6th & Reserves 3rd-4th

Marble Range- I was sceptical early, but when i saw them run out Sunday i thought with the right amount of luck these guys could have a genuine crack this year. Towards the end of the 1st quarter they looked dominant. Parker playing well(huge for them if he hangs around), Lowe is a very handy ruckman(looks old though), Buzz not willing to run much, but positioned himself well for maximum effect. Calderwood looked solid along with Glen Schreiber. Another couple of recruits including Leo Sharaf(?) moved smoothly around half forward and used the footy wisely most of the time.
Their B grade is looking quite old and even though consists of some quality in Sargent, Hollywood and Welfare. I think when the seniors cop a few injuries they will struggle for pace. All in all, a good list when fit but will struggle with injuries imo.
A grade 4th-6th & Reserves 4th-5th

Lincoln South - After struggling last year with many off season departures, LS have gone some way to rectifying list issues.
Chris Minns is an out and out star in the lesser mould of the crows Patrick Dangerfield, Stelzer, George will be great through the middle when fit.
Definitely some ageing talent up top in Jericho/Sinclair/ White/Rowe but a reasonably competitive list with Story/Traeger/ Jantke/McEvoy needing to have outstanding years if they want to see success. They have a handful of quality juniors in Baker/ McDonald/Blewitt/ Dunning who seem likely to hang around long term. A relatively deep list will see their reserves strong most of the year. The big question is how often they will get their best 21 on the park in A grade.
A grade 4th-6th & Reserves 2nd-3rd

For this week
A grade:
Waybacks taking on Tasmans will see the TFC get up by 5-7 goals
Bostons may take time to adjust to the larger Wangary oval in what shapes to be match of the round, Tipping Rangers in a real tight/tough close one. 8 points
Mallee Park @ Mallee Park for LS, Probably too much for the Tennant St rough lids, picking Mallees by 4 goals

B grade:
Waybacks V Tasmans, IF there aren't any late changes to Waybacks seniors, i'd expect the ressies to have a team to beat Tasmans by 3-4 goals
Bostons V Marble Range, Bostons to run the big ranger boys off their feet. Bostons by 10 goals
Mallee V Souths, Will be the reserve grade match of the round. If Rhys Bawden is available, Souths by 1 goal, If not Peckers to win by 16points.
steakn
Under 18s

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 7 times

Postby westcoastpanther » Fri May 01, 2015 11:26 am

Was going to say nice write up mate and good to see a decent contribution on here again, then I read you tip Rangers over Tigers... :shock:

Based on the Tigers needing time to adjust to the large oval, I'm not sure of your theory there. Tigers outscored Waybacks comfortably in the last quarter kicking into the breeze, running away with the game. Rangers ran out of legs terribly after quarter time. The large oval will suit us beautifully with our running brigade through the middle, and plenty of space for Mallee and Gerricke up forward.

I asked Grub what odds I should give you but I don't want to curse the boys. Here are his odds anyway...

Tasman $1.30 Waybacks $3

Boston $1.08 Rangers $8

Peckers $1.20 Souths $4

C'mon lads, let's get this thread firing again.
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby steakn » Fri May 01, 2015 11:41 am

Yeah look WCP, the BFC v MR game will be a cracker, both sides have plenty of fresh talent. Had to pick a winner, Rangers first Q was great and they can be hard to run over out there with all that support near that bar + the opening of the new change rooms etc. A bit of a buzz out there.
Oval size may or may not make a difference, I've always thought Bostons play their small oval well(even though they have lacked talent in the past)
Whether playing on the largest oval in the league changes anything remains to be seen.

Bostons were pretty hard at ball & man last week and I don't think that will bother MR as much as it bothered Waybacks.
Definitely game of the round for me.
steakn
Under 18s

Postby westcoastpanther » Fri May 01, 2015 11:52 am

Trust me when I say, we have played Poole terribly in the past. Always performed better on the larger ovals.
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Postby bombers boy » Fri May 01, 2015 2:52 pm

Mallee V Souths, Will be the reserve grade match of the round. If Rhys Bawden is available, Souths by 1 goal, If not Peckers to win by 16points.[/quote]

If he's going to make that much difference surely they could find a spot for him in the A grade?
bombers boy
Under 16s

Postby steakn » Fri May 01, 2015 3:21 pm

bombers boy wrote:Mallee V Souths, Will be the reserve grade match of the round. If Rhys Bawden is available, Souths by 1 goal, If not Peckers to win by 16points.

If he's going to make that much difference surely they could find a spot for him in the A grade?[/quote]

Yeah, I reckon when he sorts out his work roster and makes training he will be a shoe in.
You could go to the game if you like & let me know how he goes. :)
steakn
Under 18s

Postby Yangebup » Sat May 02, 2015 7:23 pm

Really enyoyed your pre-game write ups steakn, well done. U should take over from the old fella & do them for the times.
At least a lot more people like me will read them then!

Like U said its a great competition here, I had to leave half thru the last qtr at H/Q & Waybacks playing really well & were 4 goals up over Tasmans.
No: 16 for Waybacks went in the Ambulance looks like a bad shoulder injury after a crunching bump
Yangebup
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby dukes of hazard » Thu May 07, 2015 7:25 pm

Pretty intresting reading on the new lincoln scoreboard facebook page ........ Seems now Tasmans have finally had some success they are experts on when premiership cups are handed out!! Does any1 else remember how many flags Tasmans won in March during the first 10 years of this millennium! Well done to them for gettin it right but I'm pretty sure the sponsorship package they receive from the council has played a pretty big role! Good to see bostons goin well be great to see them challenge but it's a long season injuries, employment etc
dukes of hazard
Mini-League

Been liked: 2 times

Postby steakn » Thu May 07, 2015 10:36 pm

With Rd3 rapidly approaching and teams coming to terms with what their sides will/can potentially look like for this season. A few interesting sub plots are developing.
Last round Bostons humiliated Marble Range(and me for tipping them) at planet Wangary with the opening celebration of the new and needed change rooms. Much to the disgust of the black & white the Boston Tigers turned the jets on in the second half to completely dominate the contest.
Waybacks vets wound back the clock as needed along with the returning Ryan Kelly to put away a disappointing Roosters outfit who I am sure will not be too worried about the result even though hate losing to their nearest neighbour.
Mallee Park as expected defeated Lincoln South, I'm not sure how much to read out of the result as Mallees seemed to be without the qualified services of Harry Miller & Stiffy Johncock. Souths too had their own concerns in Stelzer & Jantke missing.

To This week :
Bostons will take on the reigning premiers Tasmans in what the Lincoln Scoreboard is predicting match of the round.
As Bluey Dumn voices in his cricket columns "there aren't any premierships in October"
Same needs to be applied this contest(although in relation to footy).
Tasmans will be without several of their key playmakers & are again using a fair contingent of talented but still junior footballers.
Bostons will be near full strength and with the inclusion of ex-Elliston star Ben Hurrell. Ben will be a massive coup for the Tiges and one wonders how their player points are travelling. Early wins are helpful & my tip is that Bostons will get up by 5 goals under lights @ Ravendale.

Waybacks take on Lincoln South at centenary which I personally think deserves MATCH OF THE ROUND status.
Seriously, what PLFL fan wouldn't want to watch an inform Waybacks side full of ageing stars taking on the up and coming Eagles.
Speaking of up and coming Eagles, Del Miller is back in town and will slot straight into an already potent midfield, and without a doubt another big in for the LSFC would be Mitch Hall expected to be available quite soon.
Waybacks have their own star recruit in Ryan Kelly expected to front up. He will be a handful for the inexperienced LS defence.
It will be tight, both midfields are star studded, But I think the all round game & experience of Waybacks will see them over the line in front of a packed house for the LSFC supporters day plus Waybacks generous band of loyal supporters. WFC by 8 points

Mallee Park travel to Wangary where a desperate Marble Range will be waiting.
Rangers would have been happy with their off season and expected to be a little better placed after 2 rounds.
But results have been disappointing, lost a winnable game first up, then got belted at home by the upstarts last week.
Unfortunately this year won't be a year for putting down your glasses & expecting easy wins.
This week could get ugly, depending which Mallee Park turn up.
If it's the traditional Mallees that struggle to get out there you would almost give the Rangers a 25% chance of a win, otherwise if its the Harry & Stiffy inspired (whether on or off field) outfit, it could turn out being another 10 goal + win to the away side.
That's the way I'm leaning Peckers by 10 goals.

Reserves:
Bostons will thrash a helpless chook this weekend and a one sided contest it SHOULD be if the Tigers take themselves seriously.
I'd be a disappointed Tiger fan if the result was less than 10 goals

Waybacks & Souths will have a closely fought encounter.
Pugsley & Franklin(if he plays)will be hard to stop for the Windsor Ave senior citizens if given an inch, in the blue & gold, everyone's favourite physio Jezza has been in good form along with Nick Wright & Tim Kidney.
Tight game but I think Souths runners will get them home in a very tight match.

Marble Range vs Peckers will be a tough one.
Gut feel is that Mallees will get home easily, but stranger things have happened and I wouldn't write off Marble Range just yet.
If Welfare, Hollywood & Sarge all play reserves that will be a major plus.
Mightn't still be enough though & I'll tip the Peckers by 3 goals
steakn
Under 18s

Postby bombers boy » Fri May 08, 2015 11:11 am

To This week :
Bostons will take on the reigning premiers Tasmans in what the Lincoln Scoreboard is predicting match of the round.
As Bluey Dumn voices in his cricket columns "there aren't any premierships in October"
Same needs to be applied this contest(although in relation to footy).
Tasmans will be without several of their key playmakers & are again using a fair contingent of talented but still junior footballers.
Bostons will be near full strength and with the inclusion of ex-Elliston star Ben Hurrell. Ben will be a massive coup for the Tiges and one wonders how their player points are travelling. Early wins are helpful & my tip is that Bostons will get up by 5 goals under lights @ Ravendale.

Waybacks take on Lincoln South at centenary which I personally think deserves MATCH OF THE ROUND status.
Seriously, what PLFL fan wouldn't want to watch an inform Waybacks side full of ageing stars taking on the up and coming Eagles.
Speaking of up and coming Eagles, Del Miller is back in town and will slot straight into an already potent midfield, and without a doubt another big in for the LSFC would be Mitch Hall expected to be available quite soon.
Waybacks have their own star recruit in Ryan Kelly expected to front up. He will be a handful for the inexperienced LS defence.
It will be tight, both midfields are star studded, But I think the all round game & experience of Waybacks will see them over the line in front of a packed house for the LSFC supporters day plus Waybacks generous band of loyal supporters. WFC by 8 points

Mallee Park travel to Wangary where a desperate Marble Range will be waiting.
Rangers would have been happy with their off season and expected to be a little better placed after 2 rounds.
But results have been disappointing, lost a winnable game first up, then got belted at home by the upstarts last week.
Unfortunately this year won't be a year for putting down your glasses & expecting easy wins.
This week could get ugly, depending which Mallee Park turn up.
If it's the traditional Mallees that struggle to get out there you would almost give the Rangers a 25% chance of a win, otherwise if its the Harry & Stiffy inspired (whether on or off field) outfit, it could turn out being another 10 goal + win to the away side.
That's the way I'm leaning Peckers by 10 goals.

Reserves:
Bostons will thrash a helpless chook this weekend and a one sided contest it SHOULD be if the Tigers take themselves seriously.
I'd be a disappointed Tiger fan if the result was less than 10 goals

Waybacks & Souths will have a closely fought encounter.
Pugsley & Franklin(if he plays)will be hard to stop for the Windsor Ave senior citizens if given an inch, in the blue & gold, everyone's favourite physio Jezza has been in good form along with Nick Wright & Tim Kidney.
Tight game but I think Souths runners will get them home in a very tight match.

Marble Range vs Peckers will be a tough one.
Gut feel is that Mallees will get home easily, but stranger things have happened and I wouldn't write off Marble Range just yet.
If Welfare, Hollywood & Sarge all play reserves that will be a major plus.
Mightn't still be enough though & I'll tip the Peckers by 3 goals[/quote]

great job again! inside word is that ryan Kelly is back at south Adelaide so won't play they had the bye in the reserves last week that's why he played
bombers boy
Under 16s

Postby steakn » Fri May 08, 2015 1:43 pm

Thanks Bombers Boy, I wasn't entirely sure if he was around for the whole year or not.
I bet they wish he was.
Also is Matt Parker around all year or just for a few games?
steakn
Under 18s

Postby westcoastpanther » Fri May 08, 2015 1:48 pm

I'm loving everyone querying Bostons and their points quota, amazing what a couple of wins does. :D

I'm sure if we hadn't won a game no one would have said a thing. Ah life at the top.... ;)
westcoastpanther
Coach

Postby bombers boy » Fri May 08, 2015 1:59 pm

steakn wrote:Thanks Bombers Boy, I wasn't entirely sure if he was around for the whole year or not.
I bet they wish he was.
Also is Matt Parker around all year or just for a few games?

not sure on parks, hopefully he's around!

on the points with kurt Stafford and castley to come back how will they fit these players in? a lot of hype around Boston but its a long season!
bombers boy
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy