9%
Golden Grove
6%
SMOSH West Lakes
6%

Total votes : 35

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 8 - 2015

Postby jo172 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:00 pm

marbles wrote:25 players means at least 10 individuals are gonna hav a shit boring day out if they play at Henley.

Fixed that for you
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1201 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:06 pm

post of the day :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1739 times
Been liked: 2147 times

Postby Hefty » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:03 pm

marbles wrote:Its hard to gather a true feel of what its like until u physically sit on a bench and spectate/observe the players bored shitless hanging around a bench knowing they're all gonna get sweet f##k all time on the ground

Q as a captain or anyone with any empathy for for team mates or brothers will soon see that its not an enjoyable day out for the individual

Sitting more than a quarter on the bench is generally a depressing day out for anyone who busts his ass all week waiting for the big game on Saturday

25 players means at least 10 individuals are gonna hav a shit boring day out.

Let's be honest here, how many C/D graders do you know who 'bust their ass all week' to play Saturday?? You are lucky to get C/D graders out two nights a week on the track let alone one night. C/D graders are either blokes who are past A graders retiring "gracefully" or blokes who are just keen for a kick n catch.
Hefty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 110 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby marbles » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:51 pm

jo172 wrote:
marbles wrote:25 players means at least 10 individuals are gonna hav a shit boring day out if they play at Henley.

Fixed that for you

Whereas at PNU its every player, so we are very lucky
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby marbles » Mon May 04, 2015 1:16 pm

it would be interesting to get (although not possible) the official "total" number on how many players do not get a game each week due to having too many players to choose from in divisions such as Div 8 through to C1, C2 etc etc

consider henley and shocs, im sure each week up to 10 players at both clubs at present are being told, "nope sorry we cant fit u in this week" - so at 2 clubs alone a total of 20 footballers on a saturday afternoon are just sitting around wanting a game spectating, staying loyal hoping to get picked next week

what would the total amount be on a saturday afternoon across these divisions? with approximately 50 teams involved (D8, D8R, C1, C2, C3, C4)

would 50-100 players simply not playing each week due to not being picked??
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby TEX07 » Mon May 04, 2015 1:28 pm

marbles wrote:it would be interesting to get (although not possible) the official "total" number on how many players do not get a game each week due to having too many players to choose from in divisions such as Div 8 through to C1, C2 etc etc

consider henley and shocs, im sure each week up to 10 players at both clubs at present are being told, "nope sorry we cant fit u in this week" - so at 2 clubs alone a total of 20 footballers on a saturday afternoon are just sitting around wanting a game spectating, staying loyal hoping to get picked next week

what would the total amount be on a saturday afternoon across these divisions? with approximately 50 teams involved (D8, D8R, C1, C2, C3, C4)

ON Saturday for the first time I can remember we had to leave out one player from our D grade, we still have about 5 out from the D grade that will push more out barring injuries above. If we were in a 21 player comp we would have more each week - wouldn't be enough to field a 5th side though, not just the players but support staff are stretched thin as it is. We had about three guys play very little on the weekend but our game was a close one against Unley so this contributed - If we get the 5 I mentioned back in without injuries above there would be a higher amount of rotations off the bench IMO.

This is only a luxury most teams have at this time of year - wait till it gets cold and wet and injuries play more of a part, these guys become important.
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times

Postby jo172 » Mon May 04, 2015 1:46 pm

TEX07 wrote:
marbles wrote:it would be interesting to get (although not possible) the official "total" number on how many players do not get a game each week due to having too many players to choose from in divisions such as Div 8 through to C1, C2 etc etc

ON Saturday for the first time I can remember we had to leave out one player from our D grade, we still have about 5 out from the D grade that will push more out barring injuries above. If we were in a 21 player comp we would have more each week - wouldn't be enough to field a 5th side though, not just the players but support staff are stretched thin as it is. We had about three guys play very little on the weekend but our game was a close one against Unley so this contributed - If we get the 5 I mentioned back in without injuries above there would be a higher amount of rotations off the bench IMO.

This is only a luxury most teams have at this time of year - wait till it gets cold and wet and injuries play more of a part, these guys become important.

So much this. We had 6-7 miss out this week (highest number yet for the year. A combination of injuries in higher grades and seasonal apathy will no doubt see us with less than 25 playing before too long
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Footy Smart » Mon May 04, 2015 1:52 pm

If we didnt have the E grade we would probably have 10-15 genuine interested players miss out each week. The rest of the E grade side is made up of blokes who dont mind a kick and a catch with mates occassionally but wouldnt be fussed missing out on a game.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby S Demon » Tue May 05, 2015 2:41 pm

We only had 18 to choose from Thursday night for the D grade, then 2 pulled out on friday. Called in some favours to get a side together to give SMOSH a game.

So technically we had about 16-18 players miss out on a game, but mostly through injury and work. When absolutely everyone is available in all grades I would say we would have 15 or so players miss out. The realistic chances of having no injuries or unavailability's higher up is about 0.0035%
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 371 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby marbles » Tue May 05, 2015 4:31 pm

S Demon wrote:
We only had 18 to choose from Thursday night for the D grade, then 2 pulled out on friday. Called in some favours to get a side together to give SMOSH a game.

So technically we had about 16-18 players miss out on a game, but mostly through injury and work. When absolutely everyone is available in all grades I would say we would have 15 or so players miss out. The realistic chances of having no injuries or unavailability's higher up is about 0.0035%

doesnt make sense SD, did u forfiet?

but technically are u saying when both cgrade dgrade are full with 25 players each, u also have another 15 players who miss out?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby S Demon » Tue May 05, 2015 4:48 pm

marbles wrote:
S Demon wrote:

doesnt make sense SD, did u forfiet?

but technically are u saying when both cgrade dgrade are full with 25 players each, u also have another 15 players who miss out?

We had 16 available on friday. We managed to get about 8 blokes to fill in so we could play.
The 16-18 players that were unavailable are in addition to the 16 that were selected. We chose to scrape together a side instead of forfeit.

I'm saying when all the grades are full (A,B,C,D) we would have about 15 players miss out. But it is a rare occasion that everyone is available

Does that make sense?
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 371 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby marbles » Tue May 05, 2015 7:40 pm

Yep cheers sd
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Head12 » Wed May 06, 2015 5:35 pm

TEX07, how's the baby calves ???
Head12
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby TEX07 » Thu May 07, 2015 9:00 am

Head12 wrote:TEX07, how's the baby calves ???

A baby calve is a calve. The baby cows are going well - could say you have baby calves. Much much smaller than a normal baby cow.
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Postby The Bedge » Fri May 08, 2015 4:06 pm

TEX07 wrote:
Head12 wrote:TEX07, how's the baby calves ???

A baby calve is a calve. The baby cows are going well - could say you have baby calves. Much much smaller than a normal baby cow.

Isnt it a calf? Calve is the act of giving birth, and more than one calf is calves?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3195 times
Been liked: 4014 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri May 08, 2015 4:13 pm

So he stuffed up the joke.... so did Marlin....

"A sea cucumber walked into a bar....well he didn't actually walk because they have no legs...."
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1739 times
Been liked: 2147 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri May 08, 2015 4:15 pm

Footy Chick wrote:So he stuffed up the joke.... so did Marlin....

"A sea cucumber walked into a bar....well he didn't actually walk because they have no legs...."

Can you eat a sea cucumber? They're ugly things!
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3195 times
Been liked: 4014 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Sat May 09, 2015 6:17 pm

Zartan wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:So he stuffed up the joke.... so did Marlin....

Can you eat a sea cucumber? They're ugly things!

You can live off it................but it tastes like shit.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7936 times

Postby TEX07 » Sat May 09, 2015 10:39 pm

Boosh wrote:Reports from our D Grade suggest Payneham have a cheat umpire on their hands, confirmed by PNU coach.

We had this guy today - single worst umpire I have ever seen, it made no difference to our score line but he was disgraceful. At one point our ff was lining up for a goal and as he was walking in to take his shot this clown is in his face - I don't know what he was saying nor know why he needed to be there while he was having his shot. From where I was he looked as though he was walking alongside to put him off his kick - after he missed the goal our player had a crack at him and then got sent off. PNU are good enough side to win without the help of an umpire and IMO takes gloss away from the players who have a crack but will always be tarred with the "cheating" help from an umpire. It's just how it is in lower grades I know but I hate when these guys show an obvious bias to one particular side - I know we have had our fair share of ordinary umps - this is why I know that it can be just as embarrassing for the side they favour too. I know a few of pnus side felt this today.

No easy games at all in D8 and D8R so far this season - results are hard to pick and makes for a good comp. I am very sore tonight!
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Postby jo172 » Sun May 10, 2015 1:13 am

TEX07 wrote:
Boosh wrote:Reports from our D Grade suggest Payneham have a cheat umpire on their hands, confirmed by PNU coach.

We had this guy today - single worst umpire I have ever seen, it made no difference to our score line but he was disgraceful. At one point our ff was lining up for a goal and as he was walking in to take his shot this clown is in his face - I don't know what he was saying nor know why he needed to be there while he was having his shot. From where I was he looked as though he was walking alongside to put him off his kick - after he missed the goal our player had a crack at him and then got sent off. PNU are good enough side to win without the help of an umpire and IMO takes gloss away from the players who have a crack but will always be tarred with the "cheating" help from an umpire. It's just how it is in lower grades I know but I hate when these guys show an obvious bias to one particular side - I know we have had our fair share of ordinary umps - this is why I know that it can be just as embarrassing for the side they favour too. I know a few of pnus side felt this today.

No easy games at all in D8 and D8R so far this season - results are hard to pick and makes for a good comp. I am very sore tonight!

deleted
Last edited by jo172 on Sun May 10, 2015 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
jo172
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League