SANFL Club Memberships

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: SANFL Club Memberships

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:15 am

topsywaldron wrote:Booney = someone's who's never believed in anything strongly enough to take a principled stand.

Pseudo I salute you.

Oh Topsy. Topsy, Topsy, Topsy.

You've made quite a strong,personal, yet misguided and uneducated comment in my direction, haven't you? What you know about me is very ,very little.

So I'll forgive you, as for mine, an uneducated comment can't be offensive. It has no substance, no back bone. Unlike me, who has plenty of both.
Last edited by Booney on Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:16 am

StrayDog wrote:
topsywaldron wrote:Booney = someone's who's never believed in anything strongly enough to take a principled stand.

Pseudo I salute you.

A bit unfair on Boon. Years ago he wrote a humble letter of concern to his club and posted it here on SA Footy. I thought that was, like, uber-cool!

NB: - I accidentally pressed the "like" button instead of the "quote" button first up but, meh, whatever.

Thanks StrayDog. I can understand Topsy is probably a bit dizzy though. Three summers of twirling a handbag above your head in celebration is bound to take its toll.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby topsywaldron » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:24 am

Funnily enough I didn't.

We didn't beat Port's best available team because of the reserves rules so in many senses it was a tainted victory.

All along I've said I wanted Norwood's premierships to mean something and beating a weakened, because of the need to pick AFL players, reserves team is in my eyes a devalued achievement.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby topsywaldron » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:25 am

Booney wrote:

Pseudo I salute you.

You've made quite a strong,personal, yet misguided and uneducated comment in my direction, haven't you? What you know about me is very ,very little.

So I'll forgive you, as for mine, an uneducated comment can't be offensive. It has no substance, no back bone. Unlike me, who has plenty of both.

So Joan of Boon, why the snide digs at Pseudo's principled stance?
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:43 am

topsywaldron wrote:
Booney wrote:

Pseudo I salute you.

So Joan of Boon, why the snide digs at Pseudo's principled stance?

It's his choice, can do what he wants with his money, but his club needs his money more than ever. If he feels punishing his club is a way of removing the "interlopers" from the SANFL........so be it.

You think his or others stance to not renew memberships impacts on anyone but their clubs, the clubs they love? Nope.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:28 pm

Booney wrote:
It's his choice, can do what he wants with his money, but his club needs his money more than ever. If he feels punishing his club is a way of removing the "interlopers" from the SANFL........so be it.

You think his or others stance to not renew memberships impacts on anyone but their clubs, the clubs they love? Nope.

Bit presumptuous of you to claim understanding of my reason for not renewing membership. It is clear that you have none. I do not care to explain myself in detail; partly because I think you unwilling - or indeed incapable - of understanding, partly because I do not care what you or others think about something wjich is essentially my business, but mostly because it would waste valuable time in which I could be surfing the net for nudie pics. I will however give you this little factoid to consider: while my mob was playing a trial match in the far northwestern suburbs last year, I was sitting in the GFC clubrooms and pouring coin over the bar, supporting the club in a manner which I find acceptable.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:57 am

You're right, I don't understand.

How anyone needs more time to find nudie pics is beyond me.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby RB » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:25 am

Maybe he's on dial-up.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Fluffbag » Sun May 03, 2015 6:19 pm

Do anyone has an update on the membership gear for South Members, I didn't get my season ticket until after round 3 (and it was a concession as they ran out of adults) and still no word re the scarves etc.
Fluffbag
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 48 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Wedgie » Sun May 03, 2015 6:30 pm

Fluffbag wrote:Do anyone has an update on the membership gear for South Members, I didn't get my season ticket until after round 3 (and it was a concession as they ran out of adults) and still no word re the scarves etc.

Send them an email or give them a buzz mate, South are normally a lot more on the ball than most clubs and Im sure they'd be only too happy to help you out.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby saintal » Sun May 03, 2015 6:38 pm

Fluffbag wrote:Do anyone has an update on the membership gear for South Members, I didn't get my season ticket until after round 3 (and it was a concession as they ran out of adults) and still no word re the scarves etc.

Should have them this week. Bit of a shambles this season, with black and white scarves produced by mistake.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby Fluffbag » Sun May 03, 2015 7:01 pm

saintal wrote:

Should have them this week. Bit of a shambles this season, with black and white scarves produced by mistake.

I heard a story about producing black and white scarves, so it is true
Fluffbag
Under 16s

Postby southee » Sun May 03, 2015 7:53 pm

Fluffbag wrote:
saintal wrote:

Thought that was rumour only ???
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby Keefy » Sun May 03, 2015 7:57 pm

southee wrote:
Fluffbag wrote:
saintal wrote:

Thought that was rumour only ???

Not sure what the problem was but they certainly did say they had an issue with the supplier
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 181 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby LPH » Sun May 03, 2015 8:27 pm

saintal wrote:

OMG!!!
Bastards!
Not only are they sabotaging the competition with a Team full of Professionals but then they go & corner the market & monopolize the Scarf Production in the State - affecting the revenue of one of the only 2 Clubs that actually voted against their existence!
Disgraceful! ;)
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby grant j » Sun May 03, 2015 8:40 pm

Glad to see it's not only Glenelg stuffing up their memberships & merchandising.

I'm still waiting for the signed Glenelg Guernsey I paid for in December that they promised would be delivered mid-march.

I had the same problem in 2011 & 2012, and I thought they got their memberships sorted out :roll:
grant j
Reserves

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Fluffbag » Tue May 05, 2015 12:25 pm

Just got an email saying the members merchandise has arrived and being sent out end of this week.
Fluffbag
Under 16s

Postby Keefy » Tue May 05, 2015 7:14 pm

Fluffbag wrote:Just got an email saying the members merchandise has arrived and being sent out end of this week.

I'm calling in tomorrow to pick mine up,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 181 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby therisingblues » Tue May 12, 2015 2:07 am

Sturt up to 3294 members.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Wedgie » Tue May 12, 2015 8:21 am

North at just over 1500.
Awful number compared to most of the last 12 years.
President's group now allowing members to book for their lunches due to an all time low in interest.
Not surprising though, no AFL in the SANFL.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL