Yorke Peninsula League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

Postby Computer Crashed » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:34 pm

carey wrote:Chris McLean 40? Your kidding me..... He'd be 32-33 at the most.

I seen the guy play last year for Fitzroy. Sit him in on pocket or on a Half forward Flank and he'll kick 50-60 goals.

Chris McLean.
68 goals from 12 games for Fitzroy last season.
Kicked 10 or more on 4 occasions.
Some of those sides were rubbish though.
Injury prone but can play.
He'd be lucky to be 32.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby Demon Juke » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:04 pm

Computer Crashed wrote:

I seen the guy play last year for Fitzroy. Sit him in on pocket or on a Half forward Flank and he'll kick 50-60 goals.

Chris McLean.
He'd be lucky to be 32.

You can't compare div 6 to ypl, I think you will find he is already injured.
Last edited by Demon Juke on Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby carey » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:12 pm

Demon Juke wrote:
Computer Crashed wrote:

Chris McLean.
He'd be lucky to be 32.

You can't compare div 6 to ypl, I think you will find is already injured.

Correct on both counts.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Jim05 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:15 pm

He had kicked 6 before 3/4 time though
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Demon Juke » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:59 pm

Computer Crashed wrote:

Chris McLean.
He'd be lucky to be 32.

Kicked 31 Goals against Angle Vale and Mitchell Park and another 17 against West Croydon, I am not knocking him he knows how to kick a goal but Wallaroo recruiting many imports, when they have the quality from there senior colts last year and this year doesn't make sense. They won last year senior colts and will go close to going back to back and they have 4 or 5 Kids at league clubs that they should invest there time in for the future then trying a quick fix. I still not sure if all the imports this year are any better than the imports they had last year - Ross , Francis etc.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Postby Slowey » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:07 am

Wallaroo recruiting many imports, when they have the quality from there senior colts last year and this year doesn't make sense. They won last year senior colts and will go close to going back to back and they have 4 or 5 Kids at league clubs that they should invest there time in for the future then trying a quick fix. I still not sure if all the imports this year are any better than the imports they had last year - Ross , Francis etc.[/quote]

You sound like you might be in the know at Wallaroo Duke? Or at least you think so!
It's ok to play colts if they are up to the standard, Playing them when they are not ready can be to the detriment of their development. All clubs need recruits and they also need juniors pushing through and making the grade. If they have senior colts at league clubs that’s fantastic they have to keep supporting them to follow their dreams – They cannot be selfish and try and recruit these kids back to the club until they have given their all to playing at the highest level. Far too many country clubs fail to do this.
I wouldn’t have a clue what the kids are like at Wallaroo but I know they can be lost very easy to footy when they are low on confidence and not getting their hands on the footy or not getting the right game time they require – It’s at times a tough decision to make as a coach. Letting them find form in the senior colts or B grade can be exactly what the doctor orders. There could also be issues with the kids attitude, Not attending trainings, failing to follow coaches instructions? These all can play significant steps on the selection process of picking players not only colts. Easy to have opinions from the outside looking in.

On the recruits side of thing’s it’s very early in the year to be comparing what Sides had to what they have picked up its round 3 for goodness sake.
You don’t know what happened with the recruits from last year. Did they leave or were they pushed, Did they want more money that the club couldn’t afford? so many questions can be asked when you are on the outside looking in. Save opinions on the recruit side of things until there has been a fair chunk of the season played out.
Perceptions on recruits can also differ from the local supporter too the interfering parent, too the club coach – Considering the club coach is the one giving them their roles every week I think they hold the right to be the best person to judge
Slowey

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby test » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:16 am

Slowey wrote:Wallaroo recruiting many imports, when they have the quality from there senior colts last year and this year doesn't make sense. They won last year senior colts and will go close to going back to back and they have 4 or 5 Kids at league clubs that they should invest there time in for the future then trying a quick fix. I still not sure if all the imports this year are any better than the imports they had last year - Ross , Francis etc.

You sound like you might be in the know at Wallaroo Duke? Or at least you think so!
It's ok to play colts if they are up to the standard, Playing them when they are not ready can be to the detriment of their development. All clubs need recruits and they also need juniors pushing through and making the grade. If they have senior colts at league clubs that’s fantastic they have to keep supporting them to follow their dreams – They cannot be selfish and try and recruit these kids back to the club until they have given their all to playing at the highest level. Far too many country clubs fail to do this.
I wouldn’t have a clue what the kids are like at Wallaroo but I know they can be lost very easy to footy when they are low on confidence and not getting their hands on the footy or not getting the right game time they require – It’s at times a tough decision to make as a coach. Letting them find form in the senior colts or B grade can be exactly what the doctor orders. There could also be issues with the kids attitude, Not attending trainings, failing to follow coaches instructions? These all can play significant steps on the selection process of picking players not only colts. Easy to have opinions from the outside looking in.

On the recruits side of thing’s it’s very early in the year to be comparing what Sides had to what they have picked up its round 3 for goodness sake.
You don’t know what happened with the recruits from last year. Did they leave or were they pushed, Did they want more money that the club couldn’t afford? so many questions can be asked when you are on the outside looking in. Save opinions on the recruit side of things until there has been a fair chunk of the season played out.
Perceptions on recruits can also differ from the local supporter too the interfering parent, too the club coach – Considering the club coach is the one giving them their roles every week I think they hold the right to be the best person to judge[/quote]

I dont know Slowey I think Demon Juke has a point and obviously understands the footy club well, we won the Under 17's last year so why havent we sacked every recruit to the club and just played every one with a junior premisership medal in the A's? Surely junior success is instantly replicated at senior level? And like you said, after 3 rounds, regardless of why Ross and Francis arent here these new recruits need to be judged in comparison to the guys from last year, instantly, and harshly.

Demon Juke if you arent already running a football club can you come and run ours? you have my vote :roll:
test
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Wallaroo

Postby Computer Crashed » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:59 pm

Demon Juke wrote:
Computer Crashed wrote:

Chris McLean.
He'd be lucky to be 32.

Kicked 31 Goals against Angle Vale and Mitchell Park and another 17 against West Croydon, I am not knocking him he knows how to kick a goal but Wallaroo recruiting many imports, when they have the quality from there senior colts last year and this year doesn't make sense. They won last year senior colts and will go close to going back to back and they have 4 or 5 Kids at league clubs that they should invest there time in for the future then trying a quick fix. I still not sure if all the imports this year are any better than the imports they had last year - Ross , Francis etc.

Was just a statement mate.
I'm sure he'd be a handy footballer none the less.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby Demon Juke » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:01 pm

test wrote:
Slowey wrote:Wallaroo recruiting many imports, when they have the quality from there senior colts last year and this year doesn't make sense. They won last year senior colts and will go close to going back to back and they have 4 or 5 Kids at league clubs that they should invest there time in for the future then trying a quick fix. I still not sure if all the imports this year are any better than the imports they had last year - Ross , Francis etc.

Perceptions on recruits can also differ from the local supporter too the interfering parent, too the club coach – Considering the club coach is the one giving them their roles every week I think they hold the right to be the best person to judge

I dont know Slowey I think Demon Juke has a point and obviously understands the footy club well, we won the Under 17's last year so why havent we sacked every recruit to the club and just played every one with a junior premisership medal in the A's? Surely junior success is instantly replicated at senior level? And like you said, after 3 rounds, regardless of why Ross and Francis arent here these new recruits need to be judged in comparison to the guys from last year, instantly, and harshly.

Demon Juke if you arent already running a football club can you come and run ours? you have my vote :roll:[/quote]

Looks like i have hit a nerve with you and your mate, we have to see what happens but with the big dollars you have spent I hope you make the 5. The trouble is the President and the coach in one corner and the most of the club in the other corner, wait and see,
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Postby thejuddernaught » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:51 am

Seems like Moonta could have belted Kadina if they had of kicked straight. Were Kadina simply not good enough?
thejuddernaught
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Southern Eagles

Postby Bag & Sledge » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:18 pm

Demon Juke wrote:
test wrote:

Demon Juke if you arent already running a football club can you come and run ours? you have my vote :roll:

Looks like i have hit a nerve with you and your mate, we have to see what happens but with the big dollars you have spent I hope you make the 5. The trouble is the President and the coach in one corner and the most of the club in the other corner, wait and see,[/quote]

Playing a heap of kids that are not ready for the bigger bodies of senior football should help increase the club's player points for the next few years.
Bag & Sledge
Under 18s

Has liked: 40 times

Postby test » Fri May 01, 2015 1:55 pm

Demon Juke wrote:
test wrote:

Looks like i have hit a nerve with you and your mate, we have to see what happens but with the big dollars you have spent I hope you make the 5. The trouble is the President and the coach in one corner and the most of the club in the other corner, wait and see,[/quote]

nah you havent hit a nerve with me i just disagree with your point of view completely.

You'll be happy to know that with the Royal Croquet Club looking to move to Melbourne its likely resident playa Lachlan Carey will follow it, the R.C.C. cant afford to open its doors without him there if they expect the smorgasbord of glamourous women to keep piling in.
test
League Bench Warmer

Postby test » Fri May 01, 2015 4:45 pm

And while we're talking about clubs spending money it seems Bute have more then they know what to do with. First the mini van for their town players, and last night Campbell Brown was recruited in to take training, apparently its lucky for the mini van cos a few of their town boys got stuck into the pints with Browny, no word yet if they managed to get him drunk enough to sign a clearance!
test
League Bench Warmer

Postby Dogs Breakfast » Sun May 03, 2015 3:51 pm

test wrote:And while we're talking about clubs spending money it seems Bute have more then they know what to do with. First the mini van for their town players, and last night Campbell Brown was recruited in to take training, apparently its lucky for the mini van cos a few of their town boys got stuck into the pints with Browny, no word yet if they managed to get him drunk enough to sign a clearance!

I see Pt Broughton have just bought a mini van to follow Butes lead Test. Hardly having too much money! Smart ....
and i would suggest other clubs to follow!
Dogs Breakfast
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Crystal Brook

Postby one day I will » Wed May 06, 2015 7:52 am

Paskies and moonta GF next week lets get it over and done with already.
one day I will
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby one day I will » Mon May 11, 2015 2:34 pm

Was shocked to see moonta only kicking 3 goals on sat. Does anyone know wat happen or did they get completely out played by a better team?
one day I will
Under 16s

Postby Slowey » Mon May 11, 2015 2:48 pm

one day I will wrote:Paskies and moonta GF next week lets get it over and done with already.

Wouldn't be much of a contest if this was the case!
Slowey

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby one day I will » Mon May 11, 2015 4:35 pm

Slowey wrote:
one day I will wrote:Paskies and moonta GF next week lets get it over and done with already.

Wouldn't be much of a contest if this was the case!

Spot on slowey
one day I will
Under 16s

Postby norm11 » Mon May 11, 2015 4:37 pm

Chris Mclean going ok up forward for a 40 year old I see.
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby one day I will » Mon May 11, 2015 5:29 pm

norm11 wrote:Chris Mclean going ok up forward for a 40 year old I see.

Should get to see the ol boy this week if he doesn't have the week off.
one day I will
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy