Round 3

Talk on the national game

Re: Round 3

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:28 pm

Spargo wrote:Saturday night was a strange one. Usually when North lose I'm deadset filthy and can pinpoint the areas we were clearly beaten in. Not so this game.
I said to the missus during the last qtr that if we got up it would be one our gutsiest wins. Yes we lost Dal during the week, Wells was a late withdrawal, but then Ziebell went off for good in the opening minutes and Wright had to sit out the mandatory 20 mins for the concussion test. Our three arguably best onballers out plus a man short on the bench making rotations a nightmare in what was a frantically high paced game. The bounce of the ball seemed to elude us time after time & we certainly weren't helped in any way by the poor umpiring - the inconsistencies, the refusal to recall a centre bounce when it clearly favoured Ryder (3 different occasions) yet both times when it favoured Goldstein sure enough they remembered the rule again and called it back (all turned into centre clearances for Port) - and then there was the one where White ran somewhere between 23-28 metres to an open goal with out bouncing the ball - this was the most blatant. Having said all this we still found a way to be in front late in the game - which is why none of what I've written above is why we lost. We simply weren't good enough in the end - weren't desperate enough for long enough. Port were slightly better and more composed.

Got an easy game this week Sparg. Geelong are rubbish and we've got as many injuries as you blokes. Bartel out is massive because he was going to help our battling midfield. If Lonergan doesn't come up your big guys will have a picnic. Stokes out is a blessing as he is finished but unfortunately that means Billy Smedts comes back and he's finished as well. Goldstein will spank any of the half ruckmen we send out there and Lindsay Thomas could kick ten goals. No matter how many mids you have out you'll still win the clearances.

Well at least the Redlegs are....DOH!!

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1705 times
Been liked: 1821 times

Postby stan » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:18 pm

Like the way we went about our football on the weekend. Really worked hard to create inside. I think our plan to allow freo to get as much ball as possible worked well.

I also think our clearance work was pretty good. I think again giving Mundy, Fyfe and Hill huge amouts of space paid off in a big way.

We really did well. Im now looking more forward to the rest of the season and also slamimg mu head into a brick wall and perhaps getting hit by a car.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1256 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:21 pm

stan wrote:Like the way we went about our football on the weekend. Really worked hard to create inside. I think our plan to allow freo to get as much ball as possible worked well.

I also think our clearance work was pretty good. I think again giving Mundy, Fyfe and Hill huge amouts of space paid off in a big way.

We really did well. Im now looking more forward to the rest of the season and also slamimg mu head into a brick wall and perhaps getting hit by a car.

Depends how lucky you are.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7524 times
Been liked: 10830 times

Postby carey » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:17 pm

This round has brought us the 2 biggest over reactions ever!

Dangerfield- FFS were not happy unless we're talking about Dangerfield. I heard on Triple M this afternoon some absolute morons. Do you hear Selwood, Hodge, Murphy, Lewis, Boak etc ect pissing, Moaning and carrying on when they've stood Crawley the last 5-6 years? Or any forward that stands Thompson from the Roos? Biggest storm in a teacup ever. It's football Adelaide supporters get over it.

Freo's Win- we really need to take in to context the opposition. Yes Freo were good, Port at home then the Cats away and a very weak West Coast at home and now there flag Favourites? Still on the 3rd-4th line of betting for mine. 360 are now saying they have the best midfield in the comp! I'd take Hawks, Swans, Ports and maybe even the Crows over Freos! Obviously Fyfe is a dead set gun.

We just love knee jerk reactions
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby gadj1976 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:26 pm

carey wrote:This round has brought us the 2 biggest over reactions ever!

Dangerfield- FFS were not happy unless we're talking about Dangerfield. I heard on Triple M this afternoon some absolute morons. Do you hear Selwood, Hodge, Murphy, Lewis, Boak etc ect pissing, Moaning and carrying on when they've stood Crawley the last 5-6 years? Or any forward that stands Thompson from the Roos? Biggest storm in a teacup ever. It's football Adelaide supporters get over it.

Freo's Win- we really need to take in to context the opposition. Yes Freo were good, Port at home then the Cats away and a very weak West Coast at home and now there flag Favourites? Still on the 3rd-4th line of betting for mine. 360 are now saying they have the best midfield in the comp! I'd take Hawks, Swans, Ports and maybe even the Crows over Freos! Obviously Fyfe is a dead set gun.

I agree. Freo were good, but WCE have no defence at all. And then losing McGovern during the game hurt even more. So reallly, yes they did the damage early but seriously, WCE aren't that good. Beat someone that convincingly who should finish inside the top 4 then we'd be sounding alarm bells about the cup heading west.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:40 pm

carey wrote:This round has brought us the 2 biggest over reactions ever!

I think you are wrong about Freos midfield. Besides Fyfe they have Mundy, Barlow, Hill, Mzungu, Neale. That's inside and outside run and some seriously big bodies with big Lurch leading the way.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1705 times
Been liked: 1821 times

Postby stan » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:22 am

Booney wrote:
stan wrote:Like the way we went about our football on the weekend. Really worked hard to create inside. I think our plan to allow freo to get as much ball as possible worked well.

Depends how lucky you are.

Perhaps not lucky enough.

I love my football, but christ this will be hard to watch this year. But I'll watch it all year until the bitter end.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1256 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby bennymacca » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:32 am

At least your hope has been snuffed out early, I would almost rather that than being a Richmond (or crows for that matter) supporter.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL