Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:49 pm

Norwood by 7 points
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Re: Central v Norwood at Playford 2.10

Postby bulldogproud2 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:00 pm

Heart saying Central but head saying Norwood by about 20. Hoping my heart beats true (for the red, white and blue).
bulldogproud2
League - Best 21

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:15 pm

Would love a win, just not sure it could happen.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby norwood8 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:30 pm

Was a really good test for us yesterday, the big ground and an always gritty Centrals opponent made us fight hard for the win. Centrals showed great endeavour and were well drilled until the very end. Norwood's class and experience was the difference in the end. Despite the low score I thought it was a great game of footy in perfect conditions.

Some of the better players for the Legs were Jefferies, Bauldy (an astonishing 46 hit outs), Allan, Suckling and Panos.
norwood8
Under 18s

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby cennals05 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:08 am

Centrals skill level was awful on Saturday. We met Norwood with intensity and run but they were just slicker. I lost count of how many of our kicks and handballs fell at the feet of the intended target. That then put pressure on the next disposal. I am hoping this was just a case of it being our first game and being a little rusty.

We also need another avenue up forward. We are a little predictable with only Retzlaff.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby JK » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:58 am

cennals05 wrote:Centrals skill level was awful on Saturday. We met Norwood with intensity and run but they were just slicker. I lost count of how many of our kicks and handballs fell at the feet of the intended target. That then put pressure on the next disposal. I am hoping this was just a case of it being our first game and being a little rusty.

We also need another avenue up forward. We are a little predictable with only Retzlaff.

Was much of that due to Norwoods pressure, or were they errors the Dogs just shouldn't have made?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4464 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby cennals05 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:08 am

JK wrote:
cennals05 wrote:Centrals skill level was awful on Saturday. We met Norwood with intensity and run but they were just slicker. I lost count of how many of our kicks and handballs fell at the feet of the intended target. That then put pressure on the next disposal. I am hoping this was just a case of it being our first game and being a little rusty.

Was much of that due to Norwoods pressure, or were they errors the Dogs just shouldn't have made?

I was mainly referring to when we weren't under pressure, we just couldn't hit our targets. Which then puts the guy that was out on his own under pressure.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby JK » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:17 am

Without being there it sounds like rust mate
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4464 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:22 am

I thought it was a real promising performance from the Dogs, who were beaten by a battle-hardened unit.
Both teams played a similar style, which reminded me of the club's duels from the past decade.
As Cennals pointed out there were plenty of basic skill errors from the Dogs which put players up the field under pressure.
I reckon some of the guys should put the low grass-skimming pass away, as there were a number of those that went astray - again, when not under pressure. Keep it simple.
I thought Thommo was pretty good for us, despite thoughts from some he didn't play that well. Retzlaff always looked promising up forward, but was undone on occasions by poor delivery.
The Schillers were excellent, as was Hosko. The Red Ranger up back did a top job, as well. Rarely beaten.
Baulderstone's dominance reflected one of the big concerns for me during the pre-season, our ruck stocks. Mabon has a bit of work to do.
Ultimately, the experience of Norwood saw it keep us at arm's length and every time the pressure was on, their efforts went back up just a notch higher than ours. The 12-point margin was more reflective of the game than the 24-point margin that the result slipped out to in the last 90 seconds - but even that reflected the quality of Norwood, in that they kept going until the game's end.
A good win to the Legs and plenty to like for us.

PS: No longer are the umpire's White Maggots, but Green Tree Frogs.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby wild dog » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:51 pm

cennals05 wrote:
JK wrote:

I was mainly referring to when we weren't under pressure, we just couldn't hit our targets. Which then puts the guy that was out on his own under pressure.

Yeah I agree, sometimes the sloppiness didn't matter as there was a bit of space, but as an example in the first quarter Thomo's sloppy kick away from goal looking for a better angle was A12 stuff.

The same old resting ruckman issue and another forward. Pity we lost White to other opportunities.

Norwood were well organised and able to crowd the backlines effectively, and were dynamite on the break. They played the big ground well and there were a few panting dogs at times. They will be much better for the run. So many new faces and facing the Premier$ with a game already under their belt, had a few of those guys under pressure.

Good Norwood turn out. The best from an opposition side for a while. Some good banter, with the typical rubbish, but thanks for turning up. Our home crowd is on the wain, and opposition supporters coming to Elizabeth is a positive.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby bulldogproud2 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:08 pm

It is a shame that Hargraves did the wrong thing by the club, resulting in him going back home. He could have handled CHB, allowing Collier to play forward.
bulldogproud2
League - Best 21

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Gozu » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:34 pm

Crowd 2,655
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL