Rnd 2 - North v Adelaide at Prospect Saturday 1.10

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Rnd 2 - North v Adelaide at Prospect Saturday 1.10

Postby Jim05 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:02 am

sib wrote:I bet half of you support crows in the afl. I support both Norwood and crows. I can't bag my crows boys just because it's sanfl. It doesn't feel right. So I choose to support both.

Thats fine if you support both but when the Cows play Norwood id be disappointed if true Norwood supporters didnt heckle and abuse the opponents
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby RB » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:40 am

Either way, it shows what a farce the competition has become when people support two teams in it.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 764 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby sib » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:55 pm

Jim05 wrote:
sib wrote:I bet half of you support crows in the afl. I support both Norwood and crows. I can't bag my crows boys just because it's sanfl. It doesn't feel right. So I choose to support both.

Thats fine if you support both but when the Cows play Norwood id be disappointed if true Norwood supporters didnt heckle and abuse the opponents

Well I have been a Norwood supporter since my Dad stated taking me to games as a 5 year old in 1987. In 1991 when I was 9 we started going to Crows games and it wasnt until I got my drivers license at 18 when I started going to both games as I could go on my own. Dad stopped going to Norwood games when Crows entered. I try to get to about 7 Norwood games a year. Go to all 12 crows matches. I always abuse and heckal the opposition but have yet to have gone to a Crows v Norwood game. If they played off in a grand final I'd probably lean towards Norwood being the real side while crows are more of a development side. But wouldn't be as upset if they lost as I would be if they lost to another side.
sib
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Postby whufc » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:21 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Coach Bombay wrote:Over a dozen Crows could play their first official game for Adelaide’s SANFL side this Saturday against North Adelaide at Prospect Oval.

Draftees Jake Lever, Harrison Wigg, Harry Dear and rookies Reilly O’Brien, Keenan Ramsey and 2014 Norwood premiership player Anthony Wilson are confirmed starters for Adelaide’s Round One opener against the Roosters.

First-round pick Lever played his first game in 18 months last Saturday since undergoing a knee reconstruction.

Keenan Ramsey booted three goals in the State League trial at Richmond Oval, while Wigg, O’Brien, Dear and Wilson all showed promising signs.

James Podsiadly and Scott Thompson are also in line for their first games for premiership points with the SANFL Crows. The veterans were among Adelaide’s best in the Club’s State League trial against West Adelaide.

Midfielders Matthew Spencely and Charlie Molyneux were the most impressive development players in last week’s hit-out. Dashing goalkicker Spencely will start on a wing while Molyneux has been named on the ball for Saturday’s Round One clash.

Second-year development squad members Sam Pfeiffer and Justin Smart will shore up Adelaide’s defence, while fresh faces Matthew Stent (Golden Grove), Nick Mott (Noarlunga), Josh Wittwer (Hahndorf), Jake Sutcliffe (Ardrossan), Brock Castree (Golden Grove) and Dylan Schoenmakers (Tea Tree Gully) have all been named on an extended interchange.

Find out more about our 2015 SANFL development squad.

Crows fans will need to wait longer for their first look at promising draftee Mitch McGovern. McGovern was built up carefully during his first AFL pre-season, but is not far away from following his fellow first-years in making his SANFL debut.

Podsiadly, Brodie Martin and Jarryd Lyons, who was the substitute in Adelaide’s Round One AFL victory, are also on the emergency list for the Crows’ clash with Collingwood at Etihad Stadium.

North Adelaide played three trials away from home during the pre-season and failed to post a victory on each occasion, suffering losses to South Adelaide, Norwood and Central District.

Adelaide downed the Roosters by four points in a thrilling contest the last time the two sides met in Round 11, 2014.

Crows ticketed members receive free entry to the game, which kicks off at 1.10pm at Prospect Oval, upon presentation of their members card.

The SANFL will provide live commentary of the match from 1pm on game day on the League’s official website and via the SANFL app.

Round Two kicks off with South Adelaide hosting Port Adelaide on Friday night at Noarlunga.

Saturday’s SANFL action sees Glenelg shooting for its first win against Sturt at Peter Motley Oval, the Eagles and West Adelaide to battle at Woodville Oval and premiership favourites Norwood will travel to Elizabeth to clash with Central District.

Adelaide’s SANFL team – Round One

B: Harrison Wigg (35), Jake Lever (6), Sam Pfeiffer (61)
HB: Jake Kelly (47), James Podsiadly (1), Justin Smart (53)
C: Matthew Spencely (50), Matt Crouch (44), Brodie Martin (36)
HF: Jarryd Lyons (31), Ian Callinan (37), Anthony Wilson (42)
F: Keenan Ramsey (46), Jack Osborn (30), Harry Dear (38)
FOL: Reilly O’Brien (43), Scott Thompson (5), Charlie Molyneux (56)

INT (from): Matthew Stent (62), Nick Mott (58), Josh Wittwer (48), Jake Sutcliffe (54), Brock Castree (57), Dylan Schoenmakers (55)

Chuck Molyneux named. That's awesome. Good luck Chuck, great to see the lad playing league footy.

Good to see him been gifted league games u mean
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5586 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Ian » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:09 pm

wristwatcher wrote:

Move along Sir, you don't appear to be bitter enough for SaFooty forums.

Personally I have no problem with your view and support system which seems to have evolved with the comp.

Brace yourself now for the tirade of abuse for accepting the circumstances and enjoying the footy without having the need to bitch and moan.

That view point just feels a bit too incestuous to me, I used to have a soft spot for the Crows (AFL), now they have a side that plays against North they (the whole club) are the enemy and nothing less.
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Spargo » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:12 pm

wristwatcher wrote:Personally I have no problem with your view and support the system which seems to have evolved with the comp.

Evolved??? Spare me wristy - try "thrust upon us without a say".
It's easy for you to say that though following port.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5474 times
Been liked: 5116 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Wedgie » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:31 pm

Crows coach was mean to me as he walked to his car. :(
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3886 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Jim05 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:34 pm

Wedgie wrote:Crows coach was mean to me as he walked to his car. :(

Should of given the **** a gobfull
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Wedgie » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:37 pm

Jim05 wrote:

Should of given the **** a gobfull

Maybe we did, maybe we didn't. ;)
Ex North champion but hasn't a good record with some of the Grogs.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Wedgie » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:21 pm

Master stroke by the North hierachy in moving the game to 1.10pm today, not sure the 6 Crows supporters there today would have gone otherwise.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby redden whites » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:48 pm

Bit harsh Wedgie it was about a dozen.
redden whites
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby Wedgie » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:56 am

Not one Crows player or official in our club rooms after the game.

Mind you the Crows coach abusing me walking out of the ground after I said "Well done, it was a good game, bad luck" did wonders for their PR I'm sure.

I see this part of their push to get into the SANFL is progressing as well as their prediction of 3000 Crows supporters per game.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:25 pm

The bastard.
Are you ok mate.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Special One » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:26 pm

Wedgie wrote:Not one Crows player or official in our club rooms after the game.

Mind you the Crows coach abusing me walking out of the ground after I said "Well done, it was a good game, bad luck" did wonders for their PR I'm sure.

I see this part of their push to get into the SANFL is progressing as well as their prediction of 3000 Crows supporters per game.

Probably after what happen last year, why would they want to go in!
Special One
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby Wedgie » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:16 pm

Special One wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Not one Crows player or official in our club rooms after the game.

Probably after what happen last year, why would they want to go in!

What happened last year?
Only thing I was made aware was Crows members throwing their Crows membership at Crows players whilst fans of both teams who were unneccesarily inconvenienced by the visiting team abused the people responsible for closing of an exit which had never needed to be done in the previous 100 years at the ground.

Personally I don't care if they come back but its yet another promise they've let down on, for all I care their whole lying underhanded cheating useless club can be swallowed up and die. They bring NOTHING to the SANFL except for plenty of negatives for the comp.
And if their coach is any indication of what the club and officials are like they can stay the **** away like they are, poor losers.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby RB » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:19 pm

Just to confirm, is Younie still their coach?
RB
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:37 pm

RB wrote:Just to confirm, is Younie still their coach?

Yep
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Mic » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:01 pm

Younie fits in perfectly at that club.
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby RB » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:17 pm

Wedgie wrote:Master stroke by the North hierachy in moving the game to 1.10pm today, not sure the 6 Crows supporters there today would have gone otherwise.

You're gonna like kick off time for next week then.
RB
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:25 pm

RB wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Master stroke by the North hierachy in moving the game to 1.10pm today, not sure the 6 Crows supporters there today would have gone otherwise.

You're gonna like kick off time for next week then.

Doesn't worry me as its Ports home game, their choice and they're not lying to their members about it.
And I doubt Ill be there
Wedgie
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL