Norwood Oval

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Norwood Oval

Postby Rising Power » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:05 pm

Pag wrote:I'm not a Port-hater, but have a question for Port supporters. Did you feel at all weird about the PAFC hosting a game at Norwood Oval? Surely for those of you who have followed Port all our lives and hate Norwood with a passion, it must've felt a bit un-Port like?

I've got no problem with the trial games being played at suburban grounds, in fact I'm all for it and hope it continues. I only live 10 minutes from The Parade but couldn't make the game unfortunately.
Rising Power
Under 16s

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Postby PhilH » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:59 pm

Every SANFL ground available at this time of year has now hosted a NAB challenge game

- Elizabeth
- Noarlunga
- Richmond
- Norwood

The other 4 grounds, Woodville, Glenelg, Prospect & Unley have cricket commitments at this time of year,
PhilH
League - Top 5

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 163 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Dogsbody » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:27 pm

I think Thebby has the tall posts as well...
ARRIVE... RAISE HELL... LEAVE.
Dogsbody
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby RustyCage » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:41 pm

Dogsbody wrote:I think Thebby has the tall posts as well...

That's it, I'm boycotting games there!
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:07 pm

PhilH wrote:Every SANFL ground available at this time of year has now hosted a NAB challenge game

- Elizabeth
- Noarlunga
- Richmond
- Norwood

The other 4 grounds, Woodville, Glenelg, Prospect & Unley have cricket commitments at this time of year,

Unley doesn't have top level grade cricket on it so Im sure they could work around that, although no doubt the AFL wouldn't like the temp fencing or something
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3508 times

Postby Pag » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:41 pm

Rising Power wrote:
Pag wrote:I'm not a Port-hater, but have a question for Port supporters. Did you feel at all weird about the PAFC hosting a game at Norwood Oval? Surely for those of you who have followed Port all our lives and hate Norwood with a passion, it must've felt a bit un-Port like?

I've got no problem with the trial games being played at suburban grounds, in fact I'm all for it and hope it continues. I only live 10 minutes from The Parade but couldn't make the game unfortunately.

Fair enough, like I said I'm not anti-Port, just thought it was interesting that the PAFC were hosting a game at Norwood Oval when I assumed fans would've preferred to see it at Alberton, that's all.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:04 pm

Dutchy wrote:
PhilH wrote:Every SANFL ground available at this time of year has now hosted a NAB challenge game

- Elizabeth
- Noarlunga
- Richmond
- Norwood

Unley doesn't have top level grade cricket on it so Im sure they could work around that, although no doubt the AFL wouldn't like the temp fencing or something

There is also the issue of a councillor or two to deal with.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Fricky » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:06 pm

Pag wrote:
Rising Power wrote:

Fair enough, like I said I'm not anti-Port, just thought it was interesting that the PAFC were hosting a game at Norwood Oval when I assumed fans would've preferred to see it at Alberton, that's all.

Keith Thomas mentioned that they have 10,000 fans in the eastern suburbs and having the game at Norwood shows that the Power understand they aren't just for people living in and around Alberton. More exposure away from the Port can only be a good thing for their membership numbers, currently at 57,243.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Rising Power » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:23 am

Pag wrote:
Rising Power wrote:

The only reason I'd prefer it to be at Alberton is for the amount of money that would be spent at the ground on food/drink, merchandise, raffles and pokies going directly into our club instead of an SANFL club or the SMA. I'm sure supporters of the clubs that played their trials at Basheer reserve would have preferred to be at their home ground for the same reason but I'm guessing cricket was the main barrier to that happening. Still, I'm happy to venture to The Parade, Richmond, etc for the novelty/change of scenery factor.
Rising Power
Under 16s

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL