Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:27 pm

Nothing like free beer
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11915 times
Been liked: 3628 times

Postby am Bays » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:51 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
HH3 wrote:
Spargo wrote:Booney's plan is working.
He's already received 2 invites to watch free Foxtel with pizza & drinks...

Don't put your address on here. MT will turn up looking for free beers.

498 Salisbury Highway.

1060 W Addison St.....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby Pag » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:04 pm

The coverage should be the best. All of the world's best cricketers are in the same place at once, makes sense for all of the world's best commentators to be there too.

FWIW I'd never go back to life without Foxtel, there's just too much quality sport to not have it. Similar to LM, there are other things I'd give up first.
Last edited by Pag on Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Failed Creation » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:17 pm

Pag wrote:The coverage sghould eb the best. All of the world's best cricketers are in the same place at once, makes sense for all of the world's best commentators to be there too.

FWIW I'd never go back to life without Foxtel, there's just too much quality sport to not have it. Similar to LM, there are other things I'd give up first.

Same with me. As tight as money is at Casa de Creation, I may as well be entertained if I have to sit at home.

I love being able to watch and record every AFL game live, and most overseas cricket tours are covered as well.

There's a shitload of good shows on the other channels too.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3308 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:23 pm

This is true, choices are our own. I chose paying the money once used for Foxtel off my mortgage.

Things like NBA, NFL etc etc, IMO, should be on pay TV.

When the cricket, the CRICKET World Cup is In Australia and it isn't accessable to the bulk of the population though? Channel 9 have 3 stations to broadcast on. Now, I don't want UAE v Ireland, but last week South Africa played India at the MCG......no coverage?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10817 times

Postby Pag » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:43 pm

Booney wrote:This is true, choices are our own. I chose paying the money once used for Foxtel off my mortgage.

When the cricket, the CRICKET World Cup is In Australia and it isn't accessable to the bulk of the population though? Channel 9 have 3 stations to broadcast on. Now, I don't want UAE v Ireland, but last week South Africa played India at the MCG......no coverage?

Wouldn't that be Channel 9's fault? Clearly they only wanted to bid for the Aussie games and not the whole tournament?
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:46 pm

Pag wrote:
Booney wrote:This is true, choices are our own. I chose paying the money once used for Foxtel off my mortgage.

Wouldn't that be Channel 9's fault? Clearly they only wanted to bid for the Aussie games and not the whole tournament?

I'm not overly concerned with the bidding process, to be honest. While I acknowledge this is a very important part of the process, but ultimately if the Australian Government said this is an event that must be FTA, then so be it. Cricket Australia could have lobbied it in such a way.

While Aussie Rules is "our national sport", cricket is right behind it and all governing bodies constantly bleat on about exposing the next generation to the great game. Meanwhile the World Cup is on our shores and there'll be about 50x more Big Bash shit on our screens than there is the biggest cricket tournament of note that's only held every 4 years!

*EDIT*

I got to watch more of the kayaking at the last Olympics than I do the World Cup! :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:50 pm

Booney wrote:
I'm not overly concerned with the bidding process, to be honest. While I acknowledge this is a very important part of the process, but ultimately if the Australian Government said this is an event that must be FTA, then so be it. Cricket Australia could have lobbied it in such a way.

While Aussie Rules is "our national sport", cricket is right behind it and all governing bodies constantly bleat on about exposing the next generation to the great game. Meanwhile the World Cup is on our shores and there'll be about 50x more Big Bash shit on our screens than there is the biggest cricket tournament of note that's only held every 4 years!

Big events means big audience which means big $$$$ in advertisement, I'd be pissed off paying for Fox if all the good stuff was on FTA. You had the car racing thing hey?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:04 pm

Anti vaxers

"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3034 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby FlyingHigh » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:54 pm

Booney wrote:
Pag wrote:

*EDIT*

I got to watch more of the kayaking at the last Olympics than I do the World Cup! :lol:

Whoever and however it has come about, I think we should be getting two games a weekend, and with Australia playing most weekends, this is only one more game.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 176 times

Postby Spargo » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:00 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Anti vaxers

Just have anti vaxer schools. All the kids with warped parents that won't vaccinate them, get sent to the one school.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5525 times
Been liked: 5160 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Jim05 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:03 pm

Pag wrote:The coverage should be the best. All of the world's best cricketers are in the same place at once, makes sense for all of the world's best commentators to be there too.

Yep Foxtel with BeIn sports is a must whatever the cost
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3556 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby whufc » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:48 pm

Booney wrote:
Pag wrote:

*EDIT*

Aussie rules our 'national sport'

It's not even our most popular winter sport in two states and one of our territories

Oh well the AFL propaganda machine works again
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5610 times
Been liked: 2538 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby HH3 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:52 pm

Considering it was invented in Australia, only played professionally in Australia. The biggest sport in 4 states and possibly one territory. And is the biggest in terms of financial revenue and crowd numbers in Australia, it can probably be called 'our national sport'
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby whufc » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:55 pm

HH3 wrote:Considering it was invented in Australia, only played professionally in Australia. The biggest sport in 4 states and possibly one territory. And is the biggest in terms of financial revenue and crowd numbers in Australia, it can probably be called 'our national sport'

We will have to agree to disagree

It's cricket for mine!

Own Australian Summers!!! Australia is all about its summer, beaches, girls, beers and cricket

Obviously there is not set answer
Last edited by whufc on Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5610 times
Been liked: 2538 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:56 pm

cricket in the summer
footy in the winter
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11915 times
Been liked: 3628 times

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:04 pm

whufc wrote:
HH3 wrote:Considering it was invented in Australia, only played professionally in Australia. The biggest sport in 4 states and possibly one territory. And is the biggest in terms of financial revenue and crowd numbers in Australia, it can probably be called 'our national sport'

We will have to agree to disagree

It's cricket for mine!

Own Australian Summers!!! Australia is all about its summer, beaches, girls, beers and cricket

Obviously there is not set answer

I said Aussie Rules, not AFL, but don't let that get in the way of a good anti-AFL whinge.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby HH3 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:05 pm

Cricket only OWNS the summer because there's no footy on.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Failed Creation » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:26 pm

Aussie Rules should be the 'national sport', as it is the only sport (of which I'm aware) that was conceived here. Therefore it's the only truly indigenous Australian sport.

Cricket, Rugby and League are all Pommy games, aren't they?
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3308 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby heater31 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:40 pm

Failed Creation wrote:Aussie Rules should be the 'national sport', as it is the only sport (of which I'm aware) that was conceived here. Therefore it's the only truly indigenous Australian sport.

Cricket, Rugby and League are all Pommy games, aren't they?

Just on Aussie Rules thing according to that history show on C7 Greg Norman played the game as a kid. He grew up in Northern Queensland!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion