EPL Season 2014/2015

EPL, FA Cup, Carling Cup, The Championship, etc

Re: EPL Season 2014/2015

Postby Bully » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:18 pm

EPL is back !!

Chavs v Man city the highlight of the weekend by far . Sunday morning 330am game time. Will get up foor this one to watch it live. Bet its a bore fest draw thou
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby Bully » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:21 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:Bojan out for the rest of the year with an ACL tear...
The worst news we could get!

hate seeing decent players injured yes. We struggled to keep him at bay at stoke in our game so big loss for your mob
Bully
Coach

Postby Bully » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:07 pm

So its derby weekend!

Tiny totts vs ARSENAL
Everton v LFC

finally get to see both of these derbys live as they are normally on sundays either together or back to back which makes the Monday hard when I watch both if I do
Bully
Coach

Postby JK » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:52 pm

Everton will win tonight
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Wedgie » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:21 am

Harry KAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEE! He's one of our own!

What a great night of soccer, my 2 fav teams come back from 1 nil down to win 2-1 against my most hated teams! :)

Gareth Bale, Luka Modric, Rafael Van Der Vaart, Christian Eriksen and Harry Kane cost the same amount that Arsenal paid for Özil. :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2061 times
Been liked: 3918 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Bully » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:10 am

Wedgie wrote:Harry KAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEE! He's one of our own!

What a great night of soccer, my 2 fav teams come back from 1 nil down to win 2-1 against my most hated teams! :)

Gareth Bale, Luka Modric, Rafael Van Der Vaart, Christian Eriksen and Harry Kane cost the same amount that Arsenal paid for Özil. :lol:

and ?
Bully
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:38 am

Bully wrote:

and ?

And we're not squatters from South London! :D

spursbaby.jpg
spursbaby.jpg (38.63 KiB) Viewed 462 times
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:44 am

Bully wrote:

and ?

Here is Wedgies less then annual post about tottenham.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:56 am

No mention of the £30m dud you guys had sitting on the bench last night?
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3556 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Bully » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:07 pm

Or the 100 million spent on nobodies from the Gareth bale sale

What would you expect from a North adelaide supporter anyway
Bully
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:12 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
Bully wrote:

and ?

Here is Wedgies less then annual post about tottenham.

Bit unfair, usually post after wins against Chelsea and Man U as well as making Wembley for the Dud Cup ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Wedgie » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:13 pm

Bully wrote:Or the 100 million spent on nobodies from the Gareth bale sale

What would you expect from a North adelaide supporter anyway

I'll take that as a compliment being a loyal fan to underperforming mediocre clubs. :)

And Gareth who? Its all about the HurrrriKANE! He's one of our own even if Arsenal did turn him down when he was 9 ;)

An awesome 12 hours with the Mariners, Spurs and Atletico!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Bully » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:31 pm

I have been loyal to my club also through tough times and the good times?

My point is or MH's point is you seem to only post when totts win, and are never seen in the English threads when totts lose or only post just after totts win. Like most of those supporters ....

but knowing that mob and their owner Levy he will sell Kane for as much as he can get, then waste it away on more nobodies
Bully
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:29 pm

Bully wrote:I have been loyal to my club also through tough times and the good times?

Noone said you hadn't, why did you even need to question this? Guilty conscience?
Mind you at least I proudly advertise my football clubs in my profile :)

Bully wrote:My point is or MH's point is you seem to only post when totts win, and are never seen in the English threads when totts lose or only post just after totts win. Like most of those supporters ....

Liar liar pants on fire. Your point is proven as incorrect and your credibility is as now as respectable as your soccer team last night, apology accepted.

Wedgie wrote:Pretty harsh. Its not like we can't beat Norwich. Oh hang on.... :oops:

Wedgie wrote:EPL Title prices Sportsbet Tattsbet Man City $2.20 $2.00 Chelsea $2.70 $2.50 Arsenal $9.00 $8.50 Liverpool $9.00 $8.50 Tottenham $101 $101 Man Utd $201 $251 Everton $400 $500 JTC, I know Sportsbet pay a quarter of the price for runner up, so if you think Spurs are silly chance you'll get 25/1 - you...

Wedgie wrote:Liverpool up 3-2 over Fulh now thanks to a penalty. Were 2-1 down.
Bugger.

Wedgie wrote:City 5 - Spurs 1.
City will win the EPL IMHO, clearly the best team.

Wedgie wrote:Spurs get one back.

Wedgie wrote:Disagree. Those East Norwegian, Russian and Bulgarian teams with names I can't even pronounce nor had I ever heard of that we beat in Europa are HUGE clubs!

Wedgie wrote:Can't even blame Bales departure on our two huge losses. Something isn't right or maybe were just concentrating on Europa.

Wedgie wrote:******* typical, rights to EPL changed hand this year in Thailand and I can't watch the Spurs, any score update?

Wedgie wrote:Anyone seen the thread about kits?

Wedgie wrote:Spurs kits released today, look frigging awful, hope the 3rd kit is OK.

Wedgie wrote:Bloody Man U. Time running out for Spurs, will probably all come down to the game v Chelsea. Unfortunately its on at 4.15am here

Wedgie wrote:Rooney, Bale and Messi in the same side would be pretty handy!

Wedgie wrote:Good to see the Japanese player get a hat trick for Man U overnight, great game by Rooney setting up 2 and putting in a cracker.

Wedgie wrote:Ha ha. That's funny, I always knew he looked like someone but couldn't place it!

Wedgie wrote:You can't ever get rid of the offside rule but I've always thought implementing a no pass back to the back half rule once its in the front half like basketball would work well.
Mind you I can see issues with that as well.

Wedgie wrote:2 all now. Tottenham dominating the stats but were 2-1 down.

Wedgie wrote:Bale opened up the scoring for Spurs but West Ham struck back despite having less than 40% of the ball. Almost half time, 1 all.

Wedgie wrote:Good old 'Arry still likes to help Spurs.

Wedgie wrote:Thank you QPR! :D

Wedgie wrote:My best mate's an Aston Villa fan, he put $5 on Benteke to get the first goal into a 3-1 Villa win, called it before and we saw his sportsbet account go from $0 balance to $2475 balance! Needless to say he's a happy chappy but he was barracking for Liverpool when Villa were 3-0 up! :lol: Unbelievable bet to come through as watching that game Liverpool dominated but it was just the amazing touch and goals of Benteke that made the diff.

Wedgie wrote:Unbelievably he did it again yesterday but with a $1500 payout on Adelaide United's 3-1 win and first goalscorer!
$10 investment for $4k return!

Wedgie wrote:OMG. Some of these Arsenal players would fall over if they copped a near miss playing a computer game. Bed time for me. Not sure why I ever bother watching this joke of a game that is decided by who falls over the most dramstically.
Note to Arsenal: At least hold the body part that is close to any sort of contact.

Wedgie wrote:Thats the problem. It isnt a red card every day of the week. Only some weeks when its against certain teams. Hardly clipped him wih one boot yet Ive seen two feet connect wih shins only given a yellow or less.
Consistency and the same rules for all clubs might make soccer a reputable game, even sport.
Thank christ for real football that only very rarely has games decided by inconsistent decisions due to the nature of the sport.

Wedgie wrote:Agreed, just like the 4 or 5 tackles I see against Spurs players every game that get yellow cards or less.
Consistency would be nice.
It seems the trick in the EPL is to dive at every opportunity and something the spurs players (although to the detrminent of the game) need to learn to do as it gets the Manchester sides, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea further than they do.
Australia should put their Olympic diving team in the EPL, they'd finish 20 points clear of any side.
Nah I take that back, they still wouldn't dive as well.

Most soccer games be they EPL or A League are decided by refereeing inconsistencies.

Sad part about it is the A league is even worse when it comes to refereeing inconsistencies deciding results, thank christ real football isn't like that, well not to the same degree.

Wedgie wrote:Once in a while when my memory gets dim I sit down to watch an entire game of soccer and 9 times out of 10 the refs ruin it with inconsistency especially in regard to yellow/red cards.
Thanks for keeping the run going tonight at Emirates ref.
Game ruined, switching over to darts.

Wedgie wrote:Looking forward to the early game tonight, Im on holidays so me and the son are staying up. Go Spurs! :D
Refreshing to hear on the advert for it that both sides were described as "football giants".

Wedgie wrote:I just saw the news on tv and it was very distressing to watch, players from both sides were clearly distressed, Jermain Defoe was absolutely distraught, fans of both sides were crying, I've never seen anything like it. He actually had to be resuscitated and while they were doing it the crowd were chanting his name.
It was awful to watch. The ref needs to be commended as it was clearly the right move to call the game off.
Best wishes to Muamba and his family, I hope everything turns out ok.

Wedgie wrote:Its all about the image of the game.
Do you think all the news in Europe or Foxsports news here will show him shaking hands with the other 2 black players?
Nup.
All they'll see is some player previously found guilty of racially vilifying a black person also electing to not touch him.

Wedgie wrote:1. Chelsea
2. Man U
3. Liverpool
4. Man C
5. Tottenham
6. Arsenal

18. Hull
19. Birmingham
20. Burnley

Wedgie wrote:WOW! What a wonderful story JTC, here I am sitting at work at 8am getting goosebumps and sharing the tears and the laughter.
Thanks for sharing it with us, your emotions and thoughts sound similar to mine a couple of years ago when the Cats finally got up except I couldnt be there (of course I got there for the loss last year!).
I excitedly explained to the kids what Burnley did yesterday telling them it would be like the Roosters winning the GF and making the AFL.
Matty was confused though as he didn't want the Cats to play the Roosters! lol
Also another story in our local rag about the Claret's great win today.
Enjoy the celebrations mate!

PS If you want me to go through another 5 pages of my posts I can but I think I've safely made my point, feel free to have a look on the SANFL board after a North loss too.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Wedgie » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:35 pm

And Bully, you really should do something with that hair mate!
If it helps he scored 2 goals last night and he's one of our own mate. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdjfOUyEfFs
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Bully » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:59 pm

lol yeah heaps of comments there.

You even posted there ^ that You cant believe how much of this sport ( soca ) is a joke !! :lol:

and wedgie - You at least are proud of showing your team on your profile? put up some English premier league icons so I can put it there like the SANFL and AFL ones you have there already :lol:
having a dig at me for that yet your forum prevents it if im not mistaken, haven't looked for a while if they are available ?
Bully
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:13 pm

Bully wrote:lol yeah heaps of comments there.

You even posted there ^ that You cant believe how much of this sport ( soca ) is a joke !! :lol:

and wedgie - You at least are proud of showing your team on your profile? put up some English premier league icons so I can put it there like the SANFL and AFL ones you have there already :lol:
having a dig at me for that yet your forum prevents it if im not mistaken, haven't looked for a while if they are available ?

Heaps of posts is irrelevent as even if there was only one it would prove you lied and as I said I didnt even get half way through my posts.

Why would we put up EPL icons on an Australian football site?
We'd have to put every league in the world as well as all other sports, Christ mine would be bigger than your empty tissue box with my sporting interests!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Bully » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:17 pm

right o champ

if you say so. Have a dig at a user on your forum for not "showing the team they love" as you have with north Adelaide and geelong, yet you wont allow it so I can "show the team I love". Good form

whether or not you have sown 25 posts on the English threads or 150,000, I guess we can call each other liars whatever, but having a go at a user for not showing their team with icons like yours, yet you wont allow it on your forum :roll:
Bully
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:31 pm

Bully wrote:right o champ

if you say so. Have a dig at a user on your forum for not "showing the team they love" as you have with north Adelaide and geelong, yet you wont allow it so I can "show the team I love". Good form

whether or not you have sown 25 posts on the English threads or 150,000, I guess we can call each other liars whatever, but having a go at a user for not showing their team with icons like yours, yet you wont allow it on your forum :roll:

Already explained that mate.
Not so much that we don't allow it, just that it would be impracticable and illogical.
When you say someone has only ever posted after a win and they peel of a quick couple of dozen out of many more that proves the comment was a lie, pure and simple. As I said, one post would have.
So you post in an Australian Football site and don't have interest in any Australian football sides?
Want having a dig was just showing how ridiculous and childish your point was.
Would an icon of a Waahmbulance cater for all your needs perhaps?

Just for the record I've been flowing Spurs since before I followed North or Geelong, had posters of Perryman, Ardiles, Hoddle, Villa, Archibald and Crooks on my wall as a kid from the posters I collected from Shoot magazines, followed Adelaide City even earlier than all of them too hence my love of the Mariners with their early connections to Adelaide City.

Have a nice day mate :)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Jase » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:36 pm

Im still trying to remember these "bad times" that a team that has never been out of the top flight have had...
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1488 times
Been liked: 560 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  English Soccer