Aus v Ind Test Series

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

Postby Brodlach » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:14 pm

Thought Virat Kohli was fantastic both on and off the ground today. His speech at the end of the game showed a lot of respect to the Australians for both the win and what they have been through in the past couple of weeks. I'm not an India fan, they are normally total whingers and a couple of decisions didn't go there way but not one word of complaint. The could have shut up shop early and played a dull draw but good on them for making a game of it. That's what test cricket is all about.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Brodlach » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:33 pm

Someone just mentioned that Australia won by 48 runs.....40+8. Freaky!
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby carey » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:48 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Carey done the usual disappearing act after a great Australian victory.
Give the Redbacks away mate and start backing the Aussies, much more enjoyable

Yeah cause I'd rather be on here than sucking piss at the cricket. You penis

Awesome test match. Thoroughly deserved the win.

Great atmosphere back of the members tents
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby carey » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:50 pm

Brodlach wrote:Thought Virat Kohli was fantastic both on and off the ground today. His speech at the end of the game showed a lot of respect to the Australians for both the win and what they have been through in the past couple of weeks. I'm not an India fan, they are normally total whingers and a couple of decisions didn't go there way but not one word of complaint. The could have shut up shop early and played a dull draw but good on them for making a game of it. That's what test cricket is all about.

Awesome game. Love test cricket. F*+k this tippy go shit

Hour to go you still couldn't pick the result.

I also think fair credit should go to Mitch Marsh last night. Take that knock out and well.....
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby philcas » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:09 pm

The tradition continues @ Adelaide oval the test goes down to the wire with both teams a chance of winning an hour before the end of the fifth day.
all those who think the drop in pitch is a disastrous descicion now eat your words two tests two results. & it still plays like a traditional adelaide oval pitch.Good for the batsmen at the start then favour the bowler at the end. The perfect test cicket pitch
well done to all players india & Australia as well as the ground staff for making one of the best ever games in the history of cricket. :YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE:
philcas
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Athelstone

Postby RB » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:13 pm

Jim05 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:This is fantastic cricket. Love it

Agreed, how can people prefer the mickey mouse stuff

Speaking of which, did anyone see Mickey Mouse down the front of the members today? Couldn't work out what it was all about.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 772 times
Been liked: 1082 times

Postby Jim05 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:29 pm

philcas wrote:The tradition continues @ Adelaide oval the test goes down to the wire with both teams a chance of winning an hour before the end of the fifth day.
all those who think the drop in pitch is a disastrous descicion now eat your words two tests two results. & it still plays like a traditional adelaide oval pitch.Good for the batsmen at the start then favour the bowler at the end. The perfect test cicket pitch
well done to all players india & Australia as well as the ground staff for making one of the best ever games in the history of cricket. :YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE:

Still not a fan of drop in pitches, fact is it was only Clarke offering two generous declarations that set up the win aswell as the Indian tail having the resiliance of the Redbacks. Had Clarke not declared we would probably still be batting.
The pitch doesnt offer anywhere near enough assistance to the quicks, would love to see more bounce and movement on day 1 and 2
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3556 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Jim05 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:30 pm

RB wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Speaking of which, did anyone see Mickey Mouse down the front of the members today? Couldn't work out what it was all about.

Selling Strikers tickets perhaps
Jim05
Coach

Postby Ron Burgundy » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:34 pm

In the end it wasn't like both teams declared to create a result.

the Aussies made attacking declarations and took 20 wickets.

Fantastic test cricket.
Ron Burgundy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby heater31 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:42 pm

RB wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Sadly the person inside that kit posted a photo on my Facebook news feed....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby RB » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:52 pm

Yeah, I was surprised and somewhat disappointed to see the head come off and reveal that there was just a man inside.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 772 times
Been liked: 1082 times

Postby Gozu » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:38 pm

Clarke for now ruled out of the rest of this Test series and says possibility he may never play again.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8938958

Shaun Marsh is his replacement for the 2nd Test in Brisbane starting on Wednesday.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby philcas » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:27 pm

Jim05 wrote:
philcas wrote:The tradition continues @ Adelaide oval the test goes down to the wire with both teams a chance of winning an hour before the end of the fifth day.

Still not a fan of drop in pitches, fact is it was only Clarke offering two generous declarations that set up the win aswell as the Indian tail having the resiliance of the Redbacks. Had Clarke not declared we would probably still be batting.
The pitch doesnt offer anywhere near enough assistance to the quicks, would love to see more bounce and movement on day 1 and 2

Jim05
You are hard to please .i would rather a 5day test than a 3dayer that has too much juice in it on day one. Cricket is played on all differant type of pitches how does playing on a drop in pitch any differant. Both teams are playing to win &they both hat tactics that evolved throughout the game both had there chances to win Australia were able to get the tactics right more than India
philcas
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Athelstone

Postby Failed Creation » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:38 am

Gozu wrote:Clarke for now ruled out of the rest of this Test series and says possibility he may never play again.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8938958

Shaun Marsh is his replacement for the 2nd Test in Brisbane starting on Wednesday.

Bloody hell... Surely Marsh isn't the best Shield batsman going around?

Is Haddin going to skipper the side now?
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3308 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby valleys07 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:58 am

Fantastic win by the Aussies- thrilling last session.

My favourite stat from the test. Lyon broke the Vijay/Kohli partnership on day five...at 4:08pm

Long live PH in our cricket team.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby mal » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:18 am

Jim05 wrote:

Philca
Forget about the results
What Jimbo, WHUFC and myself are saying is that its a road for 3 days , too much in favor of batting
WHUFC has stated he wants a more even contest between bat and ball , and I agree
JIMBO wants more assistance for fast bowlers , I agree
It therefore cant be a fair test cricket pitch for all

AU 12/807
IN 20/ 759
The result was only possible due to 2 declarations, one which almost cost Australia the game

I ask this question
If Kohli and Vijay steered India to a win , how many posters would be pissed of at the result
When India was 2/200 + I kept thinking how awful it would be to make 12/807 and lose by setting up the run chase
I was getting agitated at that prospect during the run chase
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 923 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:23 am

Agree Mal, will take the win anyday but love to see some assistance to the quicks especially in the first session of day 1. Love seeing a contest between batters and bowlers with the ball beating the bat numerous times early on.
Warner is in fantastic form but he knew the pitch offered nothing and he could get on the front foot early with no problems. Love seeing the ball zip around like in England and South Africa early on
Jim05
Coach

Postby mal » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:39 am

We gave India the pitch they wanted to play on
Adelaide Oval played like a sub continent pitch in this game
Easy batting for 3 days
Hard yakka for the bowlers
Day 4 the best and both batters and bowlers had a chance
Day 5 it assists spin bowlers

Had Australia batted last India , might have rued by not playing Ashwin

Things that give me the shits
Why the hell do we give the Indians a deck like this ?
When was the last time a sub cont deck assisted Australian teams ?

Australia gives other sub cont nations a sporting chance
There are varying decks for quick bowlers , spinners and batters
There are bouncy decks, there are spinning decks

In the sub cont we dont seem to get the same deal , pitches made for batting or for spin
Its a joke at times seeing spinners get more bounce than the quicks

Its the perogative of sub cont curators to produce their own types of decks , cant really blame them
But what it means is sub cont teams find it tough to win overseas
As much as Australians struggle v spin there , sub cont teams struggle against pace and bounce here

Thats why Australia will be number one more often then India in the world
Australia can win series in places like South Africa and England who are usually top 3 to 5 teams most years
India are very unlikely to
mal
Coach

Postby whufc » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:53 am

Jim05 wrote:Agree Mal, will take the win anyday but love to see some assistance to the quicks especially in the first session of day 1. Love seeing a contest between batters and bowlers with the ball beating the bat numerous times early on.
Warner is in fantastic form but he knew the pitch offered nothing and he could get on the front foot early with no problems. Love seeing the ball zip around like in England and South Africa early on

For that reason i belive the GABBA wicket on a nice sunny day is the perfect test match pitch.

Favours the quicks early day 1, good for batting days 2-3 and then the pitch gets tougher for days 4-5

Meanwhile on each day there is enough bounce that always gives the quicks and spinners a sniff, while the pace of the wicket means there is value for money while batting.

At no stage of an Adelaide test is there ever any assistance for the quicks.

I dont mind each test venue having different characteristics but for me the first three days of an Adelaide test is the most boring part of the Australian summer of cricket.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5610 times
Been liked: 2538 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby mal » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:12 pm

CONCEPT ??????????????????
Australia v India Test series
Should be 6 tests every 2 calender years[10 might be too much]
Play 3 tests in each country back to back [but some venues miss out]
The winner of the most tests in a calender year keeps the Hogg/Sarfraz Cup
If they are drawn series , it does not stay with the previous winners [this only encourages drawn series by previous winners]
There should be no reward for a drawn series ,[ leave the cup in Indonesia]

WHY
Too much advantage for home teams
Usually because of curators or lack of match practice for the touring teams
mal
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket