EP Sport - back with a vengeance

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

EP Sport - back with a vengeance

Postby westcoastpanther » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:37 pm

What have we heard. What do we know, who's coming, going or up to no good. Give me your results from the weekends games or the hot tips on the nags. Leave it all here.....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby TigerBoss » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:39 pm

Oh don't worry WCP...when I'm coming :shock: EVERYONE will know.
Is 2009 the year of the Tiger?
TigerBoss
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Lock

Postby Coorong » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:46 pm

So, by that do I assume doesn't happen tooooo often TB?
Coorong
League - Best 21

Been liked: 8 times

Postby rangerbob » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:19 pm

no worries wcp, did you get on the scoreboard on the weekend. seen haje, donga and co at the pura cup on sun, so no wonder souths scored so well. what happened to you guys?
rangerbob
Under 16s

Postby WhiteTips » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:06 pm

I dont think it would've mattered with Reidy in the form he was in!!

Having saying that sitting on the sidelines i counted reidy being dropped 6 times, once before his ton and greasy being dropped 3 times
WhiteTips
Under 18s

Postby westcoastpanther » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:48 am

9 not out after some good sledging from their skipper regarding comments made on this site. Apparently I've been the one saying Tasmans are paying players, if you take the word of Bluey Dunn as gospel that is!! Like he'd have any idea who says what on here, he only knows me and Grub post so I was guilty by assocciation, old FH!!

We were almost 1-100 then our middle order failed, we let them off the hook and were all out for 169 but they aren't world beaters. If I had of held on to an early chance from Ocka when he was stuff all we probably still would have won, but alas, SES still looking for their first win after they got the runs on the second to last ball.
westcoastpanther
Coach

Postby rangerbob » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:04 am

still waiting for a win, but its an improvement, who made the runs at the start? dusty?
rangerbob
Under 16s

Postby westcoastpanther » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:14 am

Toddy made 64, got out trying to guide one through mid wicket, why he didn't try to put it on the highway like he normally does I'll never know, cost him a certain ton. Tassies heads were down when he was out there, remembering last years semi no doubt!! Ben Smith made 20 and was solid as a rock, Jewels trying to get off the mark ran him out, big fine for him as they didn't look close to getting him out!! Tuffy made 20 odd and the rest got us to 169, about 50 less than we were on target for.
westcoastpanther
Coach

Postby eags » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:53 am

Interesting to see if Charlton are the real deal this Sat. To think we played that poorly and still came that close to Tasmans is a good thing I guess (trying to put a positive spin on ANOTHER loss!!)
eags
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby eags » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:48 am

DickieBird's been pretty quiet lately ...
eags
League Bench Warmer

Postby westcoastpanther » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:25 pm

I reckon with this new site you can only have one name per e-mail so he's probably trying to work out who he wants to be long term!!

PLCA have directed that all square leg umpires need to wear enclosed footwear, no thongs, sandals or barefeet. WTF!!!!! Go the Nazi's, and increasing late scorecard fines from $20 to $100. They keep this form up there won't be anyone left who really cares as much about trivial shit as they obviously do!! It's cricket FFS......
westcoastpanther
Coach

Postby WhiteTips » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:37 pm

WCP: can confirm that last week against waybacks i went out to square leg umpire (wasnt playing due to arm) and i was in thongs and was told to go put shoes on, but i just said if waybacks have a prob with me wearing thongs then ill go put shoes on...the big fat baboon lookin umpire just let it go after that, this was before the rule was introduced at the meeting monday night so this is very possibly my fault! but seriously....

Bluey now knows i post on this site, souths put on some piss and a bbq at the game against toddy's, guess who rocked up? you bet the GM him self! rekons he has to start working at oceans again on behalf of souths to keep me outta trouble!!!WTF how will that stop me being bashed by a gang of aboriginals?? go figure i guess!

And im sure you were very scared and intimmidated when the tasso captain started sledging you! what a joke!
WhiteTips
Under 18s

Postby dickiebird » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:40 pm

Cant believe Tod Rivers A and B grade side got their venues mixed up on the weekend!!! Obviously the Bgrade rocked up at Poole Oval.
Well bowled Pom and Modra!
Bluey is said to be crapping himself with Reidy on 320 runs already, that Keg might go, hes hoping for rain in coming weeks.
SES will need to sell a lot of cases of wine to pay for their scorecard fines... Oooh hang on Stewie could drop them in every Monday morning.
PlCA just want some professionalism in the game... the way the crowds have been flocking to the games it is justified!!!! WTF!!!!
Tasmans with out a doubt will be this years premiers ..... totally outclased an insipid SES full strength outfit on their dunghill. Whistle has dropped of the Shield to John Penny already to engrave... they won the game and totally dominated the sledging too. SES = 0 wins = monkey on back = when have they got Tod River?
dickiebird
Under 16s

Postby westcoastpanther » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:02 pm

Yep, must agree there Dickie (good to see you finally worked out how to sign up) Tasmans were all class. The sledging was great, even better when the skip sends telegraphs about what he's going to do. Picture this, I get on strike, Razz is bowling and a short leg comes in, where is Razz going to put it??? Short one I was waiting for, BANG, pulled to the boundary, Smirk at Smithy just to rile him some more. We sorted it out after but fancy taking what the FH (GM) says as gospel.
westcoastpanther
Coach

Postby eags » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:52 pm

WT .... it was the "big fat baboon lookin umpire" who asked for this rule to be introduced last night (unless there are several umpires that look like baboons I assume it was the same one).
eags
League Bench Warmer

Postby eags » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:54 pm

Actually on the subject of umpires we were informed that there are currently only two umpires officiating in the PLCA ... the majority of the 17 people that expressed interest in the course Zess was gonna fly over here and run have now pulled out.
eags
League Bench Warmer

Postby dickiebird » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:58 pm

Who we talking about they are good blokes.... Bring back Bluey Dunn!!
Last edited by dickiebird on Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dickiebird
Under 16s

Postby dickiebird » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:36 pm

Anyone heard from grub lately? Is he still alive?
dickiebird
Under 16s

Postby rangerbob » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:46 pm

wtf, plca has lost the plot, its still country cricket.
make to many rules and some people wont be bothered playing.
rangerbob
Under 16s

Postby WhiteTips » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:09 pm

We were running sausages in bread out to our square leg umpires on the weekend, and the toddy boys i believe even jumped the fence for one or two, i guess that wont be allowed anymore either?
WhiteTips
Under 18s

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy