End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

Talk on the national game

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

Postby Pup » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:46 pm

stan wrote:
Q. wrote:He's goneski when that contract expires anyway. Might as well get the top ten pick for him now instead of nothing as we're no chance of a premiership next year.

Well yes that's it isn't it. Next year you wont get as much because he will have a lot more power, might as well push for a top 10 pick this season.

Next year they won't get anything if they don't allow him to leave..

Pick 4 should do the job with a few other little swaps by the end of trade week
You sunk my Scrabbleship
Pup
Veteran

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby stan » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:47 pm

Melbourne are interested in Dangerfield. They have not made a play as yet, but I think they will. Whether or not Dangerfield even gives them the time of day is another matter entirely. But as Roo's said, clubs will start to become more accustom to trading out free agents a year earlier.

On that I think Adelaide could be bold here and go after the Saints No.1 pick. Maybe Dangerfield is worth pick 1 and a second round pick? It would be a bold move from the crows with the view of long term gain. Just a thought.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby MW » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:51 pm

stan wrote:Melbourne are interested in Dangerfield. They have not made a play as yet, but I think they will. Whether or not Dangerfield even gives them the time of day is another matter entirely. But as Roo's said, clubs will start to become more accustom to trading out free agents a year earlier.

On that I think Adelaide could be bold here and go after the Saints No.1 pick. Maybe Dangerfield is worth pick 1 and a second round pick? It would be a bold move from the crows with the view of long term gain. Just a thought.

The only reason Danger would leave is for family (Geelong) and/or success (Hawthorn/Geelong). Melbourne and Saints making offers is laughable.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2617 times
Been liked: 1855 times

Postby Feenix » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:52 pm

The Crows would be crazy to trade Danger and Danger would be crazy to go to Melbourne, I cant see this happening.
Feenix
Reserves

Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 66 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:22 pm

Feenix wrote:The Crows would be crazy to trade Danger and Danger would be crazy to go to Melbourne, I cant see this happening.

Yep agree, he certainly won't be going to a club worse off than Adelaide.

And next year he will be a free agent who could name his price tag to any club he wants
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:43 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Feenix wrote:The Crows would be crazy to trade Danger and Danger would be crazy to go to Melbourne, I cant see this happening.

And next year he will be a free agent who could name his price tag to any club he wants

And at the end of next year Enright, Bartel, Johnson and Kelly will either be gone or gone the year after releasing a truck load of cap space for Dangerfield. I don't care what he says, money is an issue and that's why free agents are on the move and activity is only going to increase.

I'd expect his contract discussions to "....be put on hold until the end of the season. I'm in no rush, I just want to concentrate on my footy...."

On hold = I'm gone.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7501 times
Been liked: 10794 times

Postby Sorry Dude » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:10 pm

Booney wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

And at the end of next year Enright, Bartel, Johnson and Kelly will either be gone or gone the year after releasing a truck load of cap space for Dangerfield. I don't care what he says, money is an issue and that's why free agents are on the move and activity is only going to increase.

I'd expect his contract discussions to "....be put on hold until the end of the season. I'm in no rush, I just want to concentrate on my footy...."

On hold = I'm gone.

I do believe him when he says he wants to be part of a successful club, but the almight $$$ will speak very loud when it's all said and done. In all honesty though, (crows bias aside) are Geelong going to be in a better position to win a flag before the crows before the above mentioned players move on? Yes they have kids coming through, but the talent that is going to be on the move is very talented.
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 73 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:30 pm

I think Geelong are in a better position than the crows to win a flag now than they were 2 weeks ago.

The crows of 2014 are the Roos of 2013

now they need a new coach, new gameplan.....not sure the premiership window Is arriving that fast for the crows.

in saying that I cant see the cats really threatening for another flag in the near future.

but I wouldn't be offering Dangerfield the money he probably wants to come to Geelong
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11862 times
Been liked: 3605 times

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:05 pm

Sorry Dude wrote:
Booney wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

On hold = I'm gone.

I do believe him when he says he wants to be part of a successful club, but the almight $$$ will speak very loud when it's all said and done. In all honesty though, (crows bias aside) are Geelong going to be in a better position to win a flag before the crows before the above mentioned players move on? Yes they have kids coming through, but the talent that is going to be on the move is very talented.

Fair point, I think Adelaide have a solid core ( if Dangerfield stays ) but they have a very soft underbelly and with one ruckman and only one true key defender ( I think Hartigan might come on ) they are not coming* at the top 4 just yet. IMO.

They'll need to trade hard in the coming year or two to make the most of Dangerfield, Sloane, Crouch, Jenkins, Walker etc's best years.

Massive decision coming up with the coaching appointment for Adelaide. It could define their next decade.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7501 times
Been liked: 10794 times

Postby Sorry Dude » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:19 pm

On hold = I'm gone.[/quote]

I do believe him when he says he wants to be part of a successful club, but the almight $$$ will speak very loud when it's all said and done. In all honesty though, (crows bias aside) are Geelong going to be in a better position to win a flag before the crows before the above mentioned players move on? Yes they have kids coming through, but the talent that is going to be on the move is very talented.[/quote]

Fair point, I think Adelaide have a solid core ( if Dangerfield stays ) but they have a very soft underbelly and with one ruckman and only one true key defender ( I think Hartigan might come on ) they are not coming* at the top 4 just yet. IMO.

They'll need to trade hard in the coming year or two to make the most of Dangerfield, Sloane, Crouch, Jenkins, Walker etc's best years.

Massive decision coming up with the coaching appointment for Adelaide. It could define their next decade.[/quote]

Totally agree. A key to setting up the next 4-5+ years (in a positive way) is to be a finals team in 2015 and get Dangerfields signature. I was reading possible/ rumoured trades on the SEN facebook page (with the "inside word" from Ox) and there was mention of Jonathan Griffen's name from Freo. With the sub rule being axed in 2015, the Crows could do worse by inquiring about his thoughts....

Alternatively, they get a kid in the draft ala Grundy going forward. Personally I like the looks of the Norwood ruckman (Daw??) from watching the last couple of seasons.
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

Postby heater31 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:25 pm

Sorry Dude wrote:
Alternatively, they get a kid in the draft ala Grundy going forward. Personally I like the looks of the Norwood ruckman (Daw??) from watching the last couple of seasons.

Dawe would be a similar age to the current ruckman. Maybe not what they are looking for...
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby stan » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:50 pm

MW wrote:
stan wrote:Melbourne are interested in Dangerfield. They have not made a play as yet, but I think they will. Whether or not Dangerfield even gives them the time of day is another matter entirely. But as Roo's said, clubs will start to become more accustom to trading out free agents a year earlier.

The only reason Danger would leave is for family (Geelong) and/or success (Hawthorn/Geelong). Melbourne and Saints making offers is laughable.

I was just putting it out there as an idea. As I said it would be a bold move.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Sorry Dude » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:02 pm

heater31 wrote:
Sorry Dude wrote:

Dawe would be a similar age to the current ruckman. Maybe not what they are looking for...

I thought he was a bit younger than that. Ultimately I think that is what the Crows would need to go for, and then try and pick up a kid to work with over the coming years.
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

Postby Q. » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:23 pm

Sorry Dude wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Sorry Dude wrote:

I thought he was a bit younger than that. Ultimately I think that is what the Crows would need to go for, and then try and pick up a kid to work with over the coming years.

Liam Davis. Do it.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:38 pm

Cats changes - Josh Cowan and James Toohey have had their contracts extended, while Nick Bourke, George Burbury, Jordan Schroder, Jackson Sheringham and Jesse Stringer will not be offered contracts for next season.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:49 pm

Jordan Schroder got the VFL medal
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11862 times
Been liked: 3605 times

Postby kickinit » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:32 pm

Sorry Dude wrote:I do believe him when he says he wants to be part of a successful club, but the almight $$$ will speak very loud when it's all said and done. In all honesty though, (crows bias aside) are Geelong going to be in a better position to win a flag before the crows before the above mentioned players move on? Yes they have kids coming through, but the talent that is going to be on the move is very talented.

Geelong will still be in a better position. Even with those players gone Geelong still have a better list then the crows.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby Grahaml » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:11 pm

kickinit wrote:
Sorry Dude wrote:I do believe him when he says he wants to be part of a successful club, but the almight $$$ will speak very loud when it's all said and done. In all honesty though, (crows bias aside) are Geelong going to be in a better position to win a flag before the crows before the above mentioned players move on? Yes they have kids coming through, but the talent that is going to be on the move is very talented.

Geelong will still be in a better position. Even with those players gone Geelong still have a better list then the crows.

You lose quality and the pack closes in fast. Crows have the top end talent, just need them to fit together better and improve the depth. Far easier than trying to pick up AA calibre talent.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:13 pm

Very surprised to see Cowan being kept over Schroeder.

Regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:16 pm

I reckon the Cats should get serious and go the clean out. This means no to Danger. Bit of a sooky sooky la la with shit disposal anyway.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1819 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL