Crows 2014

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2014

Postby cracka » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:31 pm

whufc wrote:Yep never felt the need to jump off a side and competition that I had supported for 10 years and support a side in a competition in another state that i had no affiliation in.

But no hating of Port?
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 466 times
Been liked: 571 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby whufc » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:37 pm

cracka wrote:
whufc wrote:Yep never felt the need to jump off a side and competition that I had supported for 10 years and support a side in a competition in another state that i had no affiliation in.

But no hating of Port?

I respected the Port Magpies but now it's to hard to work out which club it actually is! It hurts my tiny brain
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5625 times
Been liked: 2544 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby cracka » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:30 pm

whufc wrote:
cracka wrote:

But no hating of Port?

I respected the Port Magpies but now it's to hard to work out which club it actually is! It hurts my tiny brain

What about Port Power when they came into the comp & were a separate identity to the Magpies.
cracka
Veteran

Postby carey » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:54 pm

cracka wrote:
whufc wrote:
cracka wrote:

But no hating of Port?

What about Port Power when they came into the comp & were a separate identity to the Magpies.

I guess the Crows are just an easy team to hate! ;)
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby cracka » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:08 pm

carey wrote:
cracka wrote:
whufc wrote:
cracka wrote:But no hating of Port?

I guess the Crows are just an easy team to hate! ;)

As stupid as that is I think you're correct, even though it was Port who got the whole "a team from SA in the AFL" thing started. Personally as a South Australian I hope Port go well in the finals now the Crows (and the Suns) are no longer in contention.
cracka
Veteran

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:11 am

As much as I hate the Crows missing out our defensive structure is shithouse and is ten times worse without Otten. Even if we got through to next week we'd be ripped a new arsehole and had our prostates reconstructed by Port. Richmond are a real chance to better last year and this can start great things for this club going forward.....
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 748 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby TEX07 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:09 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:As much as I hate the Crows missing out our defensive structure is shithouse and is ten times worse without Otten. Even if we got through to next week we'd be ripped a new arsehole and had our prostates reconstructed by Port. Richmond are a real chance to better last year and this can start great things for this club going forward.....

Agreed, the way port are back playing we would have been well beaten - still would have liked to have been there though. Found it quite funny how many Power supporters were last night cheering on the Tigers - purely because of not wanting the crows in, Richmond will put up a bigger fight next week than we would have, out of us WC and Tigers - on current form Tigers would have been the only side with a chance to progress past the first week. Fact is I think WC will win today too so th crows would have been out anyway - cant see St Kilda lying down today if we needed a massive win either - just another end to another wasted season. Winning 9 in a row, travelling across all states to do so, that's a team that deserves to be playing finals.
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby kickinit » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:12 am

TEX07 wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:As much as I hate the Crows missing out our defensive structure is shithouse and is ten times worse without Otten. Even if we got through to next week we'd be ripped a new arsehole and had our prostates reconstructed by Port. Richmond are a real chance to better last year and this can start great things for this club going forward.....

Agreed, the way port are back playing we would have been well beaten - still would have liked to have been there though. Found it quite funny how many Power supporters were last night cheering on the Tigers - purely because of not wanting the crows in, Richmond will put up a bigger fight next week than we would have, out of us WC and Tigers - on current form Tigers would have been the only side with a chance to progress past the first week. Fact is I think WC will win today too so th crows would have been out anyway - cant see St Kilda lying down today if we needed a massive win either - just another end to another wasted season. Winning 9 in a row, travelling across all states to do so, that's a team that deserves to be playing finals.

We wouldn't of beaten the crows that easily in week1. Our home ground advantage would of went out the window because the way ticket sales are setup.

I lost all respect for the Crows when Nigel Smart got in front of the camera and basically said it didn't matter what any SA team thought of the crows wearing the state guernsey.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby whufc » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:53 am

Agree Nigel Smart didnt help their causes!!

High class knob head
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5625 times
Been liked: 2544 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:58 am

How much do the Crows need to win by to make the 8
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 852 times

Postby cracka » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:02 am

kickinit wrote:
TEX07 wrote:

We wouldn't of beaten the crows that easily in week1. Our home ground advantage would of went out the window because the way ticket sales are setup.

I lost all respect for the Crows when Nigel Smart got in front of the camera and basically said it didn't matter what any SA team thought of the crows wearing the state guernsey.

Crows wouldn't have beaten Port now they are back in form. Jim05 has been correctly saying for a while 6th to 8th are just making up the numbers. Richmond are the in form team of those 3 so should be a cracking game.
cracka
Veteran

Postby cracka » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:06 am

wristwatcher wrote:How much do the Crows need to win by to make the 8

By about the same as needing 40 runs from the last ball of a 20/20 game.
cracka
Veteran

Postby kickinit » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:13 am

cracka wrote:Crows wouldn't have beaten Port now they are back in form. Jim05 has been correctly saying for a while 6th to 8th are just making up the numbers. Richmond are the in form team of those 3 so should be a cracking game.

Crows would of had every chance to win. Port wouldn't of had a home crowd advantage if we played the crows. It's anyones game in a final and atm the moment even though we look like we are back our poor shots on goal are costing us.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby cracka » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:15 am

whufc wrote:Agree Nigel Smart didnt help their causes!!

High class knob head

But you've hated them before he was involved at the Crows. If any clubs have ruined the SANFL it was the original 12 VFL/AFL sides that started poaching players in the 80's while going broke & then needing to expand their comp to save some clubs. That is when it started, not when Port tried to get in or when the Crows started.
cracka
Veteran

Postby TEX07 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:16 am

kickinit wrote:
TEX07 wrote:

How was the setup going to be? I thought I heard somewhere it was almost 50/50? If that was the case it would have been unfair - power fans would have clearly earns the right to outnumber the crows. It's not an issue now anyway - the finals games should actually be good contests this year!

As a crows supporter I actually have never liked Nigel Smart - always looked arrogant to me as a player and the state guernsey thing proved his arrogance off.
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am

wristwatcher wrote:How much do the Crows need to win by to make the 8

They have to play their Joker now. Brilliant move by Sando to hold it back for the last week.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1705 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:26 am

TEX07 wrote:
How was the setup going to be? I thought I heard somewhere it was almost 50/50? If that was the case it would have been unfair - power fans would have clearly earns the right to outnumber the crows. It's not an issue now anyway - the finals games should actually be good contests this year!

As a crows supporter I actually have never liked Nigel Smart - always looked arrogant to me as a player and the state guernsey thing proved his arrogance off.

No it goes on pro-rata.
Crows have a 60-40 split according to the AFL so tickets would of been allocated that way. Moot point now anyway
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3570 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:29 am

Not a crows hater at all, but had some banter with a crows supporter last night at work after Richmond won and she was upset, but discussed the highlights. Betts was a win for the crows, a return of 40-50 goals from a small forward is winning. Sam Jacobs had an All Austtalian year, but he needs help other than Jenkins. I'd be chasing Bellchambers, because Graham and McKernan are over priced hacks.

The funny point was when she told me Geelong would fail (knows I'm a cats can). I went on to say its okay the last 7 years has given me great joy. She went on to ask me what we had achieved, should have been better. 07 premiers, 08 Gf, 09 premiers, 10 Prelim, 11 premiers, 12 semi, 13 prelim. She was actually serious! The. She brought up that we hadn't gone back to back like them, a long 16 years ago........gosh still holding on.

Anyway I reckon the crows throw money at Bellchambers, another inside mid, running mid and a senior assistant to help Sando, he seems to be a little one dimensional. I hear Bomber might be free, now King Druggy is back at Essendon.
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 225 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Jim05 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:35 am

BoundaryRider84 wrote:Not a crows hater at all, but had some banter with a crows supporter last night at work after Richmond won and she was upset, but discussed the highlights. Betts was a win for the crows, a return of 40-50 goals from a small forward is winning. Sam Jacobs had an All Austtalian year, but he needs help other than Jenkins. I'd be chasing Bellchambers, because Graham and McKernan are over priced hacks.

The funny point was when she told me Geelong would fail (knows I'm a cats can). I went on to say its okay the last 7 years has given me great joy. She went on to ask me what we had achieved, should have been better. 07 premiers, 08 Gf, 09 premiers, 10 Prelim, 11 premiers, 12 semi, 13 prelim. She was actually serious! The. She brought up that we hadn't gone back to back like them, a long 16 years ago........gosh still holding on.

Anyway I reckon the crows throw money at Bellchambers, another inside mid, running mid and a senior assistant to help Sando, he seems to be a little one dimensional. I hear Bomber might be free, now King Druggy is back at Essendon.

You obviously didnt see yesterdays game, Bellchambers was BOG for Carlton, absolutely putrid game. Has been treading water for a couple of years now. The only positive he provides us is it lets Paddy float around the ground more when he is in the side. Id be open to moving him on, I know we are keen on Kerridge perhaps a deal may get done. As for Bomber I think he may stay on now, Goody will head back to the Crows and Bomber will step back in as an assistant, he loves this group and Hird and the club want him to stay. He also has stated numerous times he would never move outside of Victoria no matter the price
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3570 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby TEX07 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:40 am

Jim05 wrote:
TEX07 wrote:

No it goes on pro-rata.
Crows have a 60-40 split according to the AFL so tickets would of been allocated that way. Moot point now anyway

Ok I didn't realise that the crows would have had such a crowd advantage over the power - it is moot but it does highlight that on the current system teams outside the top 4 will not win a GF - this year only the power has the potential to do so but be a tough ask! I'm off to the AUDI Club now - going to be a long day - but when work calls I have to step up!
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL