Elimination Final - South v Eagles @ AO (Sat N 30/8)

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Elimination Final - South v Eagles @ AO (Sat N 30/8)

Postby Mr Fuller » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:36 pm

Will Mike Rann fly back for this?
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby Fluffbag » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:41 pm

JK wrote:Woodville 1986?

Can South go on a run and each following week add the support of those they've just knocked??

if you can't handle disappointment then don't join us as south do like to tease us in thinking we have a chance but then it leads to nothing. Maybe we should change our mascot to be Dita Von Tease, certainly would improve crowd numbers
Fluffbag
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 48 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby blueandwhite » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:01 pm

Mr Fuller wrote:Will Mike Rann fly back for this?

..he's got a reserved car ;) park on Memorial Drive hasnt he....???? :roll:
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby fish » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:39 pm

Mr Fuller wrote:Will Mike Rann fly back for this?

Yeah Nah
fish
Coach

Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby SimonH » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:34 pm

westcoastpanther wrote:
JK wrote:Woodville 1986?

Can South go on a run and each following week add the support of those they've just knocked??

The finals games I attended in 2006 and 2011 saw heaps of old Southies come out of the woodwork.

We've actually had a fairly large supporter base there, a lot more than your average Noarlunga game.
Should be more old Southies come out of the woodwork than 2011 (and even 2006), because someone's spent a couple of quid doing up your home ground before inviting you back there.
SimonH
Under 18s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 62 times

Postby Mickyj » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:58 pm

Woodville-West Torrens forward Adam Grocke has recovered from concussion to play in Saturday’s Elimination Final against South Adelaide at Adelaide Oval.
Grocke, who missed the Eagles’ Round 18 clash, has proven his health at training on Wednesday night to line-up for what could potentially be his last game of league football.
‘’He trained full on Wednesday night and the doctor has cleared him to play this week so he’s right to go,’’ Eagles football manager Trent Hentschel said of Grocke, who announced last week that he would retire at season’s end.
‘’The plan at the start of the year was to have him (Grocke), (Andrew) Ainger and (Michael) Wundke up there all together and we haven’t had that too much this year with Grockes missing the amount of footy that he has.
‘’It will be great to have all of them up there (in attack).’’
Experienced midfielder Angus Rowntree could play his first league match this season after being included on the extended interchange bench.
Rowntree, who underwent a knee reconstruction last year, has played one game in the reserves since injuring his hamstring earlier this season. The well-built on-baller has played a total of three reserves matches in 2014.
‘’He performed well in the reserves on the weekend so he is a chance to come in this week,’’ Hentschel said.

F: Lloyd, Wundke, McGregor
HF: Allmond, Ainger, Grocke
C: Goldsworthy, Lewis, Hall
HB: Jarrad, Templeton, Batley
B: Lane, Giuffreda, P. Raymond

R: Borholm, Powell, Boyd
INT: Rowntree, T. Whittlesea, Kane, Lodge, von Bertouch
IN: Grocke, Rowntree
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby Mr Fuller » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:14 pm

Mickyj wrote:Woodville-West Torrens forward Adam Grocke has recovered from concussion to play in Saturday’s Elimination Final against South Adelaide at Adelaide Oval.
Grocke, who missed the Eagles’ Round 18 clash, has proven his health at training on Wednesday night to line-up for what could potentially be his last game of league football.
‘’He trained full on Wednesday night and the doctor has cleared him to play this week so he’s right to go,’’ Eagles football manager Trent Hentschel said of Grocke, who announced last week that he would retire at season’s end.
‘’The plan at the start of the year was to have him (Grocke), (Andrew) Ainger and (Michael) Wundke up there all together and we haven’t had that too much this year with Grockes missing the amount of footy that he has.
Experienced midfielder Angus Rowntree could play his first league match this season after being included on the extended interchange bench.
Rowntree, who underwent a knee reconstruction last year, has played one game in the reserves since injuring his hamstring earlier this season. The well-built on-baller has played a total of three reserves matches in 2014.
‘’He performed well in the reserves on the weekend so he is a chance to come in this week,’’ Hentschel said.

On paper that is a very strong team. But as we all know the problem with the eagles is about their mental toughness. If South hit us hard from the first bounce we could easily crack.

Not liking the fact Von Bertouch is named on the bench. He is probably our most important player and the fact he is on an extended bench makes me think he might be under an injury cloud.

Surely they won't put Rowntree in. He hasn't played enough footy this season and I don't reckon he has been named in the best players in the reserves once.
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Postby Mickyj » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:35 pm

Mr Fuller wrote:
Mickyj wrote:Woodville-West Torrens forward Adam Grocke has recovered from concussion to play in Saturday’s Elimination Final against South Adelaide at Adelaide Oval.

On paper that is a very strong team. But as we all know the problem with the eagles is about their mental toughness. If South hit us hard from the first bounce we could easily crack.

Not liking the fact Von Bertouch is named on the bench. He is probably our most important player and the fact he is on an extended bench makes me think he might be under an injury cloud.

Surely they won't put Rowntree in. He hasn't played enough footy this season and I don't reckon he has been named in the best players in the reserves once.

I hear what your saying about Vonnie that worried me as well . I just wonder if reading the above he might play as a second ruck not sure .
Rowntree looks too good for seconds footy a class above that level !
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby Mr Fuller » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:08 pm

Mickyj wrote:
Mr Fuller wrote:

I hear what your saying about Vonnie that worried me as well . I just wonder if reading the above he might play as a second ruck not sure .

Throughout the season, whenever one of our 'regular players' has been named on an extended interchange bench they have always pulled out with injury.

Rowntree is definitely too good for the reserves. I just have serious concerns about Godden bringing up someone who has barely played for the past year and still looks to be vastly underdone.
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Postby Mickyj » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:50 pm

Mr Fuller wrote:
Mickyj wrote:
Mr Fuller wrote:

Throughout the season, whenever one of our 'regular players' has been named on an extended interchange bench they have always pulled out with injury.

Rowntree is definitely too good for the reserves. I just have serious concerns about Godden bringing up someone who has barely played for the past year and still looks to be vastly underdone.

I see where your coming from Mr F .
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby DOC » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:20 pm

Elimination Final - South Adelaide v Woodville West Torrens

Saturday August 30 at 7:40pm Adelaide Oval

Nick Liddle Daniel Bass Adam Gulden

Caleb Daniel Brett Eddy Peter Rolfe

Jake Veide Brent Macleod Matt Rose

Nick Murphy Josh Thewlis Nathan Daniel

Frazer Dale Brad Crabb Tom Fields

Ruck -Keegan Brooksby, Xavier Gotch, Joel Cross

Interchange - Matt Rankine, Brede Seccull, Scott Taylor, Sam Overall, Josh Giddings

In - Matt Rankine, Josh Giddings

Bandwagon: Anyone. We are not fussy.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby southee » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:12 pm

Happy to see Matty Rankine back in the side :)
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby Aerie » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:51 pm

Great to see Rowntree back in the side. He is just getting in some match practise so he'll be cherry ripe for the Grand Final.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby SANFLnut » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:52 am

southee wrote:Happy to see Matty Rankine back in the side :)

Happy to see Rankine in your side and not ours anymore. Got speed, but so wasteful with the ball and can't defend.
SANFLnut
Reserves

Been liked: 65 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby westcoastpanther » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:30 am

SANFLnut wrote:
southee wrote:Happy to see Matty Rankine back in the side :)

Happy to see Rankine in your side and not ours anymore. Got speed, but so wasteful with the ball and can't defend.

Played quite a few games as a back pocket and did very well....
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Panther Pack » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:22 pm

Reckon we can win this!

Pie Cart might be in trouble if Wundke gets ahold of it!!!!!!
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby Booney » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:55 pm

Eagles by 19 points.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Mickyj » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:56 pm

Panther Pack wrote:Reckon we can win this!

Pie Cart might be in trouble if Wundke gets ahold of it!!!!!!

I'll buy him heaps if he kicks 8 goals again this week !!
And I wouldnt be the only one willing too
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:12 pm

Not going but as a South member I'll probably sneak a glance on TV and hope they get up. Go the 'Thers!
The only team true South Aussies can follow in the SANFL finals! :D
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby human_torpedo » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:42 am

I think the Ressies having the week off will hurt Rowntree's chances of playing at league level this season.. Even if The Eagles win tonight, they surely wont pick him next week on the back of no game at all this week? Had the Ressies played this week he would be a sniff next week. He is a class or 2 above ressies footy but the cards havent fallen his way in his comeback from his ACL
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 371 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL