SAAFL division 5 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 5 grand final?

Adelaide Lutheran
8%
CBCOC
7%
Colonel Light Gardens
10%
Elizabeth
22%
Brahma Lodge
5%
Para Hills
7%
Trinity OS
3%
Greenacres
7%
North Haven
21%
Westminster OS
10%

Total votes : 107

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Postby Dols » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:56 pm

ezydoesitbigfella wrote:
OKC! wrote:Worst 2 umpires of the year today.

When is the saafl going to do something about it?

Week after week we get horrible umpires, I understand that we get the 50-60th best umpires in div 5, but its about time the Saafl actually did something constructive about the situation. I know its not a professional gig but perhaps some sort of coaching needs to be done. Have someone watch the game, I know they do have people that do this, but they just blow hot air up their arse and tell them they are doing a good job when they clearly are not.

One of our players today was sent off for getting kicked in the chest. Enough said.

Why don't you step up? Clearly, you have a good idea of what umpiring is about? Then put up ....or shut up.

Most umpires (even in Div 5) get coached, attend training - and observers most certainly do not "blow hot air up their arse"....umpires cop FAR more scrutiny than any one else in the SAAFL - particularly players.

Too many people watching how the AFL umpire and expect the same outcomes in SAAFL - there ARE different interpretations for SAAFL games - learn them - and then maybe you'll be better advised?
easy does it big fella!!!!!!!!!
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby OKC! » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:28 pm

ezydoesitbigfella wrote:
OKC! wrote:Worst 2 umpires of the year today.

When is the saafl going to do something about it?

Week after week we get horrible umpires, I understand that we get the 50-60th best umpires in div 5, but its about time the Saafl actually did something constructive about the situation. I know its not a professional gig but perhaps some sort of coaching needs to be done. Have someone watch the game, I know they do have people that do this, but they just blow hot air up their arse and tell them they are doing a good job when they clearly are not.

One of our players today was sent off for getting kicked in the chest. Enough said.

Why don't you step up? Clearly, you have a good idea of what umpiring is about? Then put up ....or shut up.

Most umpires (even in Div 5) get coached, attend training - and observers most certainly do not "blow hot air up their arse"....umpires cop FAR more scrutiny than any one else in the SAAFL - particularly players.

Too many people watching how the AFL umpire and expect the same outcomes in SAAFL - there ARE different interpretations for SAAFL games - learn them - and then maybe you'll be better advised?

YOu seem to know a fair bit so answer me this...

Is there deliberate in Div 5 or any grade in SAAFL? Is there the 1 meter for ruck men rule in our grade/comp? Is there deliberate rushed behind in our comp? What about hitting below the knees?

I guess if I was a bit better informed I would know the answers to these questions, but I don't, because the only people that I ask about these rules are the umpires.... which DO NOT HAVE A CLUE week to week what other umpires are doing. Half of them say one thing, half say the other. I was told 2 weeks ago that someone can hit below the knees as hard as they want, as long as they are going for the ball. This shows that they do not have a clue what they are doing, because the week before, we had 2 or 3 paid. SO the 'training'that they do is either not working or it is absolute rubbish, you can decide on that, like I said you seem to know a fair bit about the situation.

The standard is horrible.
The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 42 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby ezydoesitbigfella » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:42 am

OKC! wrote:YOu seem to know a fair bit so answer me this...

Is there deliberate in Div 5 or any grade in SAAFL? Is there the 1 meter for ruck men rule in our grade/comp? Is there deliberate rushed behind in our comp? What about hitting below the knees?

I guess if I was a bit better informed I would know the answers to these questions, but I don't, because the only people that I ask about these rules are the umpires.... which DO NOT HAVE A CLUE week to week what other umpires are doing. Half of them say one thing, half say the other. I was told 2 weeks ago that someone can hit below the knees as hard as they want, as long as they are going for the ball. This shows that they do not have a clue what they are doing, because the week before, we had 2 or 3 paid. SO the 'training'that they do is either not working or it is absolute rubbish, you can decide on that, like I said you seem to know a fair bit about the situation.

The standard is horrible.

Just as you get PLAYERS that rarely attend training in DIV 5 - you will also get umpires that don't attend training regularly - and yes, inconsistency occurs. Amazing how players and umpires are alike? Both are human and make mistakes?

Deliberate rushed behind - does not exist in SAAFL - I did hear of a lower grade umpire paying a free for it. His mistake - not a major issue that the SAAFL need to address - 99% of umpires would know this. (I would say less than 80% of players and supporters would know the interpretation?)

1 metre ruck rule exists in all grades of SAAFL - do umpires interpret it correctly "every" time? Clearly, not. Do players obey the rules every time and get away with it - absolutely yes. Inconsistency exists at every level.

Hitting below the knees - a very difficult interpretation to give a definitive answer to - is the players "sole" intent to take possession? - or does he use that tactic to put the opposition player out of the contest? - many times its line ball. I would think the umpire looks at how hard the player goes at the ball/legs - and in an instant has to make a call - do they get it right every time - no - does the player get it right every time - no. Works both ways?

You make the observation that it is Div 5 football - and even at the very highest level of AFL, there are contentious decisions every week - so, will you ever fix it?

Despite the numerous "howlers" you focus on - I would guess (even in Div 5) the umpires get it right 90% of the time - I doubt there's a player in ANY level of competition who can get what they do right 90% of the time?
ezydoesitbigfella
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Magpies Nest » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:54 am

Time for another topic me thinks :-)

Who was at the CLG vs. Luthies game last Saturday? The ground must have held up well given CLG kicked 17 goals? How was the celebation when Harvey kicked his 100th goal?
Magpies Nest
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 21 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:17 pm

Yeah, did the game go overtime because of the mad rush of the crowd ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby zedman » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:29 pm

Magpies Nest wrote:Time for another topic me thinks :-)

Who was at the CLG vs. Luthies game last Saturday? The ground must have held up well given CLG kicked 17 goals? How was the celebation when Harvey kicked his 100th goal?

pic below was on friday..a drying week and it got rolled friday afternoon..came up really nice..well done to ALFC for fixing it up..

harvey slotted one through from about 35m out on a tight angle in the first quarter..subdued congratulations from the boys and it was back to the game..back to back tons is a big effort..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:34 pm

Is the pic working for anyone else? :?
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:39 pm

yep, works fine for me.

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Robran » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:40 pm

Well done to harvey great effort 2 years in a row is some sort of effort dont care who u r..so with one rd remaining wat r peoples thoughts on Team of the year.. Grand finalist and medal winner
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby zedman » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:50 pm

Robran wrote:Well done to harvey great effort 2 years in a row is some sort of effort dont care who u r..so with one rd remaining wat r peoples thoughts on Team of the year.. Grand finalist and medal winner

might wear #2 for you guys mate..
zedman
Coach

Postby Robran » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:02 pm

zedman wrote:
Robran wrote:Well done to harvey great effort 2 years in a row is some sort of effort dont care who u r..so with one rd remaining wat r peoples thoughts on Team of the year.. Grand finalist and medal winner

As I have previously stated I think harvey should win it but u never know ollie for us should be up there... good luck this week zedman and will see u the following week at either yours or ours..
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby zedman » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:07 pm

Robran wrote:
zedman wrote:

As I have previously stated I think harvey should win it but u never know ollie for us should be up there... good luck this week zedman and will see u the following week at either yours or ours..

cheers mate..same with you guys..we have defeated each other away from our grounds so i think both clubs, whilst wanting to play at home, certainly wont fear the travel either way..

dubrich, summerton, newman, scholefield and spry are others who may poll well..
zedman
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:56 pm

Micky Spry, great player but mouthy little bugger. Would cost him a few votes I'd think.

Footy Chick

Postby Boosh » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:29 pm

zedman wrote:
Magpies Nest wrote:Time for another topic me thinks :-)

pic below was on friday..a drying week and it got rolled friday afternoon..came up really nice..well done to ALFC for fixing it up..

harvey slotted one through from about 35m out on a tight angle in the first quarter..subdued congratulations from the boys and it was back to the game..back to back tons is a big effort..

Where was that the week before? Amazing transformation
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby Boosh » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:31 pm

Havens - Summerton, Laurencic, Reed, Shaw, Lipson, Dickenson, A Hinsley.

Summerton rarely gets umpires votes but is our best player and will win the B&F by a landside
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:43 pm

Boosh wrote:Havens - Summerton, Laurencic, Reed, Shaw, Lipson, Dickenson, A Hinsley.

Summerton rarely gets umpires votes but is our best player and will win the B&F by a landside

Surely Kolbig would be up there?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby HH3 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:45 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
Boosh wrote:Havens - Summerton, Laurencic, Reed, Shaw, Lipson, Dickenson, A Hinsley.

Ha!
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:25 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:

Could be a chance to get a spot on the interchange.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10342 times
Been liked: 1520 times

Postby HH3 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:45 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:

Could be a chance to get a spot on the interchange.

Or time keeper.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:52 pm

Any idea of a team of the year?
Look Good In Leather