SAAFL Division 8 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the Division 8 Grand FInal?

Blackwood
26%
Golden Grove
24%
Hope Valley
9%
North Haven
6%
Old Ignatians
No votes
Prince Alfred OC
12%
Payneham-Norwood Union
12%
Salisbury
3%
Tea Tree Gully
6%
Wingfield Royals
3%

Total votes : 34

Re: SAAFL Division 8 2014

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:43 pm

Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1739 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Johno6 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:50 pm

heater31 wrote:
Johno6 wrote:
anyone got a good excuse to miss training tonight by any chance?

Man date at the pub.....see you there beautiful ;)

which pub?
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby heater31 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:51 pm

Johno6 wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Johno6 wrote:
anyone got a good excuse to miss training tonight by any chance?

Man date at the pub.....see you there beautiful ;)

which pub?

One that serves beer and has a nice fire place ;)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Johno6 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:52 pm

mars bar?
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:54 pm

I was just about to write that :lol:

or this:

Image for those Police Academy fans out there ;)

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:59 pm

S Demon wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Hefty wrote:What's the deck at Hope Valley looking like?? Last I heard not too many patches of green......

so just the norm there then ;)

Yeah, but it still faces the right way... ;)

ours does, it's everyone else who has it wrong...

Thought of you HV lads last week, we had ladies day... not to bad thanks
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3028 times
Been liked: 2404 times

Postby Johno6 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:35 pm

Congratulations to glen Simmons kicking 20 on the weekend.
Never seen anything like it in my life.
He was unbelievable.
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Postby jo172 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:54 pm

Johno6 wrote:Congratulations to glen Simmons kicking 20 on the weekend.
He was unbelievable.

Amazing individual effort.

Indictment on the Hope Valley C and D grade system
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby TEX07 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:28 pm

jo172 wrote:
He was unbelievable.

Correct - the C grade was one of the worst sides I had seen play all year in both C and D grade, I feel for the boys running around in the c grade getting smacked while their D grade are out there chests out like they are world beaters! HV played us in all 4 grades on the weekend and A, B and C grade all got beaten by over 100 points - there are guys in this D grade side that would make a huge difference playing in the higher grades.
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times

Postby S Demon » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:42 am

TEX07 wrote:
jo172 wrote:
He was unbelievable.

Correct - the C grade was one of the worst sides I had seen play all year in both C and D grade, I feel for the boys running around in the c grade getting smacked while their D grade are out there chests out like they are world beaters! HV played us in all 4 grades on the weekend and A, B and C grade all got beaten by over 100 points - there are guys in this D grade side that would make a huge difference playing in the higher grades.

Correct - a few of the D graders would make a difference playing higher up. I'm glad we got them to our club this year. Hopefully next year these players stay at the club and aim to play higher (apparently it's ok to be good and not play higher as long as you only do it in the C grade)

I'm annoyed your A grade blew it last year. Would have saved US the embarrassment of a coupe of floggings this year. Let's hope there's a different result this year and no straight sets exit so we at Hope Valley can sleep at night not having to worry about playing GG and getting our pants pulled down again.

I'll be more nervous leading up to the 2nd Semi Final than the blokes who choked in it last year will be. If that's possible?
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 371 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby S Demon » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:02 am

jo172 wrote:
He was unbelievable.

Well, which one was it?
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 371 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby jo172 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:03 am

S Demon wrote:Well, which one was it?

As I've said before, what Hope Valley does with their teams is their business.

You can't honestly expect the rest of the league not to poke fun/be critical in the situation as it stands though. To think of it conceptually, imagine if your B Grade was a 15-20 goal better side than your A Grade?
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:35 am

or your C grade side went undefeated while your B grade didn't make it past the first week of finals.

Oh wait.....

Footy Chick

Postby jo172 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:40 am

Footy Chick wrote:or your C grade side went undefeated while your B grade didn't make it past the first week of finals.

Oh wait.....

Our B Grade would have beaten our C Grade by at least 10 goals (if not more) at any point of that season.

Massive difference between that and if our C Grade were a 20 goal better side than the B Grade (and the B Grade sitting last).

EDIT - And what you can see from this year, no one who played in that C Grade Premiership has been capable of playing B Grade Football in a B Grade side that looks a top 3 A2R finisher. You, with your knowledge of PNU cannot honestly say it was a stacked side. What it was was a side that was misgraded and more suited to be playing C2 than C4.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:45 am

purely speculative... fairly easy to say that our B grade would pummel our D grade too...

Does that then make it ok then? ;)

I see your point though.

Footy Chick

Postby jo172 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:51 am

Footy Chick wrote:purely speculative... fairly easy to say that our B grade would pummel our D grade too...

Does that then make it ok then? ;)

I see your point though.

Also, as to your our B Grade getting done in the first week of the finals, count the number of Seaton blokes who played in the B Grade Elimination Final and the A Grade Preliminary Final. There's a reasonable chance they could have gone further if not for circumstance.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:11 am

jo172 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:or your C grade side went undefeated while your B grade didn't make it past the first week of finals.

Oh wait.....

Our B Grade would have beaten our C Grade by at least 10 goals (if not more) at any point of that season.

Massive difference between that and if our C Grade were a 20 goal better side than the B Grade (and the B Grade sitting last).

EDIT - And what you can see from this year, no one who played in that C Grade Premiership has been capable of playing B Grade Football in a B Grade side that looks a top 3 A2R finisher. You, with your knowledge of PNU cannot honestly say it was a stacked side. What it was was a side that was misgraded and more suited to be playing C2 than C4.

That C grade side is almost my A grade side from 10 years ago bar a few - I know the talent in that side intimately... blokes in red either pushing 40 or over it...

Klomp. Love him to death but potentially the biggest sandbagger in SAAFL history. ;) Never played to his full potential...

Javor.: Lazy piece of ****...still fit enough, he could easily play B grade ;) *runs* :heart:

Kollias Brothers: Nothing gets past James, would still beat most D2R forwards now. Bill was always an old woman, I'm surprised he's still walking ;)

Jamie Battams: D3 Medal winner, only age wearies him, immaculate skills that would still hold well, even at D2R level.

RCP: He's an oldie, I"ll forgive him :lol:

Giblo: Couldve played much more A grade than he ever did but chose to spend most of his early 20's hammered. I believe he's now a PT and is probably fitter now than he ever was when I was at the club,

Gavin Dew: I reckon he's played 2 games a week for the past 15 years. Fit unit, I'm surprised he hasn't chalked up 500 games yet.

Cheese: 2nd most unluckiest player injury wise ever to pull on the black and white (after Cam Smith) mainly because his boof head was always over the ball. Used to love a concussion.
Asto: Lovely kid but a space cadet and I always told him that but being a ruckman , can be forgiven to retiring to C grade pastures, even at his age. Would still go alright in a pocket at D2R

Why the hell is T.Watkins in that list? (that is Ty, isn't it) No reason he shouldn't be able to play A grade still...now there was some talent. I used to call him chicken man...he was everywhere, everywhere :lol:

J Cheney - managed to sneak into the A grade and Would still be young enough and now experienced enough to get a B grade gig

Footy Chick

Postby Johno6 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:16 am

well that escalated quickly.....
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Postby Hefty » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:53 am

S Demon wrote:
TEX07 wrote:
jo172 wrote:
He was unbelievable.

Correct - a few of the D graders would make a difference playing higher up. I'm glad we got them to our club this year. Hopefully next year these players stay at the club and aim to play higher (apparently it's ok to be good and not play higher as long as you only do it in the C grade)

I'm annoyed your A grade blew it last year. Would have saved US the embarrassment of a coupe of floggings this year. Let's hope there's a different result this year and no straight sets exit so we at Hope Valley can sleep at night not having to worry about playing GG and getting our pants pulled down again.

I'll be more nervous leading up to the 2nd Semi Final than the blokes who choked in it last year will be. If that's possible?

I'm annoyed your A grade haven't won a flag since 1994....
Hefty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 110 times

Postby TEX07 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:59 am

S Demon wrote:
TEX07 wrote:
jo172 wrote:
He was unbelievable.

HV havent had the best finals record over the past 10 years either S Demon - As I said I feel for your C grade guys because they are the ones doing it tough - I would guess thier coach is doing the ring around each Thursday night to get enough guys to fill that side - do you guys pick your D grade first???

We could go on and on about this but its a decision your club has made and fair play to you - nothing outside the rules at all. I said it in earlier posts it is also a decision that could hurt you, pretty sure (but could definately be wrong) but guys who play B grade will not be allowed to drop back 2 grades in finals to play D grade if they happen to miss out on finals - I notived you had guys double up and play C grade on the weekend so numbers may be an issue at present?? I noticed FC said that she had a lot of injuries in the A and B grade to attend to on the weekend - are any of your D grade guys going to push up and cover these injuries because from what I saw there isnt many in the C grade that would be able to. Having A, B and D grade in the finals will hurt the bottom side and I wouldnt want to go into a finals game against the likes of PAC without a full bench because those guys will run you off your feet.
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League