Round 18 - live scores, discussion & confabbing.

Talk on the national game

Re: Round 18 - live scores, discussion & confabbing.

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:51 pm

bennymacca wrote:
cennals05 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Free kick against talia possibly the worst I have ever seen.

Take your blinkers off. There have been terrible frees all game. Lynch has had two shots on goal from frees that weren't there. The umpiring hasn't been the best but it's not favouring anyone.

Nobody listens to what you think

Oh the irony
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:53 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Red Rocket wrote:Great that the season is over for Collingwood
Now we just need the Crows to go out in the first week after being declared flag favourites this week again

Lol you idiot

RR does have a point, dont think ill tune into 5aa this week im sure Crowey will be getting the Premiers T shirts printed up lol.
I know finals are differant but the bottom half of the 8 are miles off the top 3, would take a miracle for any of them to get far. Hopefully there is 1 or 2 upsets in the finals to shake things up a bit just as long as it isnt Adelaide ;)
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby bennymacca » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:54 pm

Of course we aren't faves. We are a chance to beat port in the first final though...
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:55 pm

Tune into Eddie's show, he is about to explode
Jim05
Coach

Postby cracka » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:06 pm

Massive difference in game & skill quality between 2 teams in the top 4 playing each other (last night) & 2 teams battling to stay in the contention. Don't get too excited cow supporters, we're only making up the numbers.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Ron Burgundy » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:19 pm

Totally agree.
That was a frustrating game to sit through. Over officiated.
But happy with the result.
Ron Burgundy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby kickinit » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:23 pm

bennymacca wrote:Free kick against talia possibly the worst I have ever seen.

The only thing Talia could do to stop Cloke was hold his jumper all night. Crows had a very very good ride with the umps tonight.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:29 pm

I've said it before and I,ll say it again....I don't worry about the umpires and I just let them do their job. I enjoyed the game, admittedly not to last nights standard but it was good to see the Crows answer the challenge and get The chocolates. I'm not Trying to start an argument but it does seem like the Crows fans always feel aggrieved and think they are getting screwed. Perhaps it's just a lack of analytical ability. It's almost as if the excuses get loaded prior to the event.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 844 times

Postby bennymacca » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:33 pm

I agree it was a great game. I thought we were going to lose but it was awesome that we answered the challenge.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:40 pm

bennymacca wrote:I agree it was a great game. I thought we were going to lose but it was awesome that we answered the challenge.

Reckon the closeness of the game made it good to watch but the skills were d7 ammo standard at times, far too many clangers and poor foot skills.
Chalk and cheese between last nights game and todays but last nights probably was game of the season so far
Jim05
Coach

Round 18 - live scores, discussion & confabbing.

Postby bennymacca » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:41 pm

Yeah doesn't compare to last night, that was a gun game
Last edited by bennymacca on Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby kickinit » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:42 pm

wristwatcher wrote:I've said it before and I,ll say it again....I don't worry about the umpires and I just let them do their job. I enjoyed the game, admittedly not to last nights standard but it was good to see the Crows answer the challenge and get The chocolates. I'm not Trying to start an argument but it does seem like the Crows fans always feel aggrieved and think they are getting screwed. Perhaps it's just a lack of analytical ability. It's almost as if the excuses get loaded prior to the event.

I think the crows should drop the chanting lessons and hold a rules lesson.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:49 pm

kickinit wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:I've said it before and I,ll say it again....I don't worry about the umpires and I just let them do their job. I enjoyed the game, admittedly not to last nights standard but it was good to see the Crows answer the challenge and get The chocolates. I'm not Trying to start an argument but it does seem like the Crows fans always feel aggrieved and think they are getting screwed. Perhaps it's just a lack of analytical ability. It's almost as if the excuses get loaded prior to the event.

I think the crows should drop the chanting lessons and hold a rules lesson.

I'm probably a little less tolerant of whinging at umpiring as I'm at nearly all the Power and Crows games and both teams have supporters who are beyond clueless. Too stupid to exist in society and then they hang over and abuse and boo them as they enter and leave as if they go out of their way to cheat. It's so idiotic and It's embarrassing to watch.

Even if these morons new the rules it wouldn't matter, they are troglodytes....BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BALL UMPIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 844 times

Postby Ron Burgundy » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:07 pm

Well said. And well done.
Ron Burgundy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby Fluffbag » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:21 pm

It was a good game to win but all three teams (crows, pies and Suns) are middle of the table teams that will fight for the eight spot but likely to be one and done in the finals. If they make the finals and I get another trip to Melbourne then I will be happy. If we had to play Port then i think they would win as this year they do play a better brand of football, ie more times through the corridor and can score easier than us.
Fluffbag
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 48 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby JK » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:22 am

Ron Burgundy wrote:

Think it's just emotion overriding footy intellect .. Happens at most Essendon and Carlton home games too noticably (and probably others too).
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby kickinit » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:59 am

JK wrote:
Ron Burgundy wrote:

Think it's just emotion overriding footy intellect .. Happens at most Essendon and Carlton home games too noticably (and probably others too).

West coast are up there.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Footy Smart » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:57 am

Well very happy we got over the line. When we hit the post 5 times and the pies hit the front in the last I thought the footy gods were against us. But very happy for the way the lads fought back and won in the end. Jacobs clearly won the ruck duel with Witts, but Collingwood won the clearances which was of concern, the predictability of Jacobs taps in particular.

Our defence held up pretty well, few shaky moments but Talia, Smith, Jeansch all played well down back. Sloane and Danger with some important contested wins when the game was on the line in the last. Tex standing up plus Brodie Martins game were other positives for us. Still plenty of work to do in the remaining matches if we wanna try and match it with the big boys.

Wright, Otten and Lynch had nightmare games. Their inability to hit a target by foot, take a chest mark and/or keep their feet almost cost us. I’d expect if Thomo comes back next week Wright to drop out after grigg had an impact as the sub. I think Lynch may need to find some form in the SANFL as his last 2 games have been stinkers.
Umpiring, well apart from the soft one Pendles got in the first qtr I think they didn’t favour either side. 20/18 free kick count suggests that.

For Collingwood, Deams and Pendles played a lone hand. I thought young Broomhead showed a bit also and Elliot is great to watch. Keefe did a good job on Jenkins but the pies just turned the ball over more than AFC. Think they had 58 Clangers, which is always going to hurt.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby NO-MERCY » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:30 pm

bennymacca wrote:Of course we aren't faves. We are a chance to beat port in the first final though...

I think it'll be POWER supporters worst nightmare if they meet the CROWS in the 5th v 8th Elimination.
NO-MERCY
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 15 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:43 pm

NO-MERCY wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Of course we aren't faves. We are a chance to beat port in the first final though...

I think it'll be POWER supporters worst nightmare if they meet the CROWS in the 5th v 8th Elimination.

I reckon the Power fans will be rubbing their hands together with glee if that is all the Blackbirds have got to bring to the table. They looked like Glenelg or Norwood in the glory days of the SANFL..lots of handball while Port racked up the premierships. The game has changed a lot since then of course but indirect football will still be punished in September.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL