Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

Talk on the national game

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:11 am

With Moore and Stewart back from injury, Cassisi left out for match-ups/form we must, I agree, replace Sam Gray and Kane Mitchell.

Mitchell offers little IMO and his decision making and skills are below AFL standard.

Moore was being groomed as a run with player before his collar bone ( against Melbourne, forgot that one ) and he needs to come back in IMO and be used in that role.

Stewart offers the extra ( almost ) tall option forward, I'd bring him in.

I'd almost bring Cassisi in for Logan. Logan bleeds for the guernsey but Cassisi's cool head in among a young back line is desperately needed.

Hopefully Schulz and Robbie Gray are both ok for this week.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:16 am

Booney wrote:Mitchell offers little IMO and his decision making and skills are below AFL standard.

I was a fan of Mitchell but I have to agree after watching the past couple of weeks. Runs around like a headless chook, is definitely very fit but his decision making and foot skills are awful!
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:18 am

What has happened to wingard? He hasn't got near it. Polec not breaking the tag is concerning too. Those guys are the ones with class at half forward and port look pretty average without them firing
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:23 am

bennymacca wrote:What has happened to wingard? He hasn't got near it. Polec not breaking the tag is concerning too. Those guys are the ones with class at half forward and port look pretty average without them firing

Maybe Port need to stop running Wingard through the middle for a bit and let him focus on playing up forward again until he finds that form.

All those goal kicking options Port had a few weeks back just seem to have disappeared, need Monfries back I think.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:28 am

bennymacca wrote:What has happened to wingard? He hasn't got near it. Polec not breaking the tag is concerning too. Those guys are the ones with class at half forward and port look pretty average without them firing

Wingard showed glimpses yesterday and has been getting 15-20 touches and not hitting the scoreboard.

I agree, he needs to spend more time inside F50 and less in the midfield.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby David Brent » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:40 pm

Booney wrote:

Wingard showed glimpses yesterday and has been getting 15-20 touches and not hitting the scoreboard.

I agree, he needs to spend more time inside F50 and less in the midfield.

Quick run down from an oppositions point of view.

From what I noticed yesterday it looks to me like they are moving Wingard up the game to try & get him involved & get some confidence as he isn't getting near it up forward. 1 goal in 4 games from any forward is ordinary. We were probably lucky Shultz left his kicking boots at home for the first time all year too.

Never thought I would ever say you guys miss big Ali down back, but you do. To let Chaplain go forward & kick two in the last is bad, a third or fourth picked defender should be able to stop him up forward. O'Shea cant play on key forwards.

Cassisi for Impey would be another change they should look at, I thought Impey was a step behind the play all day. Didn't think Polac was as bad as a few people are making out on here.

Boak was great & locked in his AA positon for mind. Would have snuck Stevie Morris in your best as well boy did he have yet another stinker for us.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby kneedeepinthehoopla » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:40 pm

Not sure if it's been raised anywhere, but interested to know what non-magpie-supporting power fans think of the 'never tear us apart' gimmick? I know if Carlton tried to force on me an affiliation with a club I didn't support I'd be pretty pissed off.
kneedeepinthehoopla
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:44 pm

kneedeepinthehoopla wrote:Not sure if it's been raised anywhere, but interested to know what non-magpie-supporting power fans think of the 'never tear us apart' gimmick? I know if Carlton tried to force on me an affiliation with a club I didn't support I'd be pretty pissed off.

Yeah, I've always thought Carlton and Sturt might get an affiliation going. You've already got a Sturt beanie don't you kneedeep?
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 449 times
Been liked: 1215 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby kneedeepinthehoopla » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:49 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
kneedeepinthehoopla wrote:Not sure if it's been raised anywhere, but interested to know what non-magpie-supporting power fans think of the 'never tear us apart' gimmick? I know if Carlton tried to force on me an affiliation with a club I didn't support I'd be pretty pissed off.

Yeah, I've always thought Carlton and Sturt might get an affiliation going. You've already got a Sturt beanie don't you kneedeep?

You'll end up with said beanie if you're not careful, greybeard
kneedeepinthehoopla
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby CUTTERMAN » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:09 pm

Considering they killed of The Magpies all by themselves I think it's the biggest load of navel gazing wank I've ever heard.
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
Keith Thomas ABC 891 Radio, 21/6/14.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:34 pm

Wingard 2013 - Andrew Swallow. Wingard 2014 - Lindsay Thomas.

Maybe not exactly but that is what it seems. I never noticed him as being soft last year but I've seen him skirt many a pack this year. True, he's not Josh Kennedy and you can't expect all young kids to be Ollie Wines but it seems to me that he doesn't want to 'get his hands dirty'. Or as the old timers used to say 'He's where the ball aint'.

I still reckon he's a talent but he hasn't had the year he had last year obviously.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:40 pm

Passed the 55,000 mark for memberships today.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:41 pm

Booney wrote:Passed the 55,000 mark for memberships today.

You'd give up five grand of those for a gorilla CHB. :)

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:43 pm

Do you know how many are 11 game season ticket holders?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:46 pm

bennymacca wrote:

Do you know how many are 11 game season ticket holders?

Different things ( as you seem to be aware ), but I think it was over 29,000 at my last investigation.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby gossipgirl » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:02 pm

just shows that stats can be so misleading. soon a 1 game ticket will also be classified as a membership. not that there is anything wrong with that
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1433 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:12 pm

gossipgirl wrote:just shows that stats can be so misleading. soon a 1 game ticket will also be classified as a membership. not that there is anything wrong with that

Not so. The AFL will audit all clubs in July to confirm how many "memberships" are actually in place at each club.

So while Adelaide offer 1 game memberships, and most clubs 3 game "memberships" the AFL will ultimately decide how many members each club has.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby stan » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:15 pm

Booney wrote:
gossipgirl wrote:just shows that stats can be so misleading. soon a 1 game ticket will also be classified as a membership. not that there is anything wrong with that

Not so. The AFL will audit all clubs in July to confirm how many "memberships" are actually in place at each club.

So while Adelaide offer 1 game memberships, and most clubs 3 game "memberships" the AFL will ultimately decide how many members each club has.

1 game memberships lol. We played, you would probably call that buying a ticket wouldnt you?
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:51 pm

stan wrote:
1 game memberships lol. We played, you would probably call that buying a ticket wouldnt you?

they do offer them for people living in NSW, qld, perth etc.

http://19thman.com.au/memberships#5

i think the relevant thresholds for membership should be 11 game season ticket holders, and 3 game members
bennymacca
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:57 pm

bennymacca wrote:
stan wrote:

they do offer them for people living in NSW, qld, perth etc.

http://19thman.com.au/memberships#5

i think the relevant thresholds for membership should be 11 game season ticket holders, and 3 game members

and interstate members
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3026 times
Been liked: 2401 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL