Round 11 - Eagles v Sturt @ M.Thiem Hyundai Oval (Sun 22/6)

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 11 - Eagles v Sturt @ M.Thiem Hyundai Oval (Sun 22

Postby whufc » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:44 am

human_torpedo wrote:The recruiting wasnt great in the off season if you ask me. Adding Wundke was good, he is a monster who will dominate in gameswhen he gets supply, and along with Ainger as CHF and Grocke as the third lead up, its as potent as you'll see at this level..

The lack of replacing Parry in the ruck and Thompson and Ellis-Yoleman down back will hurt us as the season goes on..

Boyd is oen I would have left alone. He isnt damaging with his disposals, he either gets it and short kicks it sideways and get the hands back off them too accumulate, or he just bombs forward without having a look and doesnt help the forward at all.. Very few of his kicks are too our advantage, add all this to his non existent defensive game, its just not what we need..

I think the game yesterday was also a case of Sturt having superb mental strength and willingness to work back into the contest, and you're right, they could have rolled over at 5 goals down, but have to give them credit for how they turned it all around.. It says as much about them as it does about the Eagles I think

Probably the biggest reason Centrals let him go apparently.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5611 times
Been liked: 2538 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby human_torpedo » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:33 am

ORDoubleblues.. I was standing about 50m away so I cant give you an exact dialogue on what went on, but I will say that 2 weslo and 4 police officers was certainly over kill.. They spoke for about 10 minutes, fairly calmly, then 2 older blokes were evicted, and the police bloke was casually chatting to them on the way out about the footy and how Sturt were going this year so they were obviously co-operative.. Of what I could hear coming from the Sturt cheer squad, these blokes looked the least threatening of everyone present, but someone must have reported something for Weslo and Police to get involved, although im not sure who because between where we were standing and where they were, there was only a handful of people
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:11 am

human_torpedo wrote:ORDoubleblues.. I was standing about 50m away so I cant give you an exact dialogue on what went on, but I will say that 2 weslo and 4 police officers was certainly over kill.. They spoke for about 10 minutes, fairly calmly, then 2 older blokes were evicted, and the police bloke was casually chatting to them on the way out about the footy and how Sturt were going this year so they were obviously co-operative.. Of what I could hear coming from the Sturt cheer squad, these blokes looked the least threatening of everyone present, but someone must have reported something for Weslo and Police to get involved, although im not sure who because between where we were standing and where they were, there was only a handful of people

One was overheard saying to the other that is was good now the reserves are in our league. The police got involved as he was obviously under the influence of Class A drugs and Alcohol.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Ronnie » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:19 am

Wedgie wrote:Geez, Sturt supporters have gone downhill. I remember when they drank Port and smoked Cigars, now they're sipping from goons passing a joint around!

Times are tough!

Only Sydney and Melbourne used to be more significant than Adelaide, North and Sturt used to beat VFL sides... Now even Brisbane laugh at us :(
Ronnie
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 84 times

Postby human_torpedo » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:23 am

The blonde cop, didnt play a massive role, but was fairly easy on the eye I must say, definitely the highlight of the day for this Eagles supporter
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:48 pm

human_torpedo wrote:The blonde cop, didnt play a massive role, but was fairly easy on the eye I must say, definitely the highlight of the day for this Eagles supporter

Was only about 20m away myself and hard to argue with that call
R.I.P. Patrice Lumumba 1925 - 1961
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL