River Murray Football League talk

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: River Murray Football League talk

Postby P.B » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:50 am

grasshopper22 wrote:I don't know the full team but Liston, Fenton, Warmington and Arbon made it from the Bears.

Sheedy, Clayton, Pech, Bowen and O'Malley from Mannum I think. Looks like with the names mentioned it should be a strong team Grassy
P.B
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby overthehill » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:00 am

P.B wrote:
grasshopper22 wrote:I don't know the full team but Liston, Fenton, Warmington and Arbon made it from the Bears.

Sheedy, Clayton, Pech, Bowen and O'Malley from Mannum I think. Looks like with the names mentioned it should be a strong team Grassy

Is that the same O'Malley that's been named in the Crows State league side this week?
overthehill
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby grasshopper22 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:06 am

overthehill wrote:
P.B wrote:

Is that the same O'Malley that's been named in the Crows State league side this week?

I've heard he will be playing for RMFL!
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby biffboy » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:53 am

Ramblers players are Liam O'neil, Altmann, Sam & Alex Pfeiffer ,Gogel & Matt Thompson (not sure if playing for crows tho)
biffboy
Under 16s

Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Ramblers

Postby P.B » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:45 pm

Thompson not in for the Crows but O'Malley and Pfeiffer are named in the paper today?!
P.B
Under 16s

Postby biffboy » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:56 pm

So how did the cods fo yesterday v the hills? I couldn't find anything online or in the paper today

Good to see Gene rip the bag yesterday for the crows, 5 goals is a good return at any level
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby Monopoly Man » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:16 pm

biffboy wrote:So how did the cods fo yesterday v the hills? I couldn't find anything online or in the paper today

Good to see Gene rip the bag yesterday for the crows, 5 goals is a good return at any level

Ripping game Biffboy. Cods went down by 5 points unfortunately. The Cods missed a lot of sitters but as a poster on Hills thread said it was one of the highest quality country games I've seen in my 20 odd years at the level.
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Been liked: 6 times

Postby grasshopper22 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:27 am

Monopoly Man wrote:
biffboy wrote:So how did the cods fo yesterday v the hills? I couldn't find anything online or in the paper today

Ripping game Biffboy. Cods went down by 5 points unfortunately. The Cods missed a lot of sitters but as a poster on Hills thread said it was one of the highest quality country games I've seen in my 20 odd years at the level.

Who played well for the cods MM?
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby Monopoly Man » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:50 am

grasshopper22 wrote:
Monopoly Man wrote:

I thought all the Meningie lads played well. Arbon was very good down back on a big unit. Bowen was very good all day. Hally (Imps Hally) was quite solid all day. I heard Sam Pfeiffer got called up to the Crows at 10:00am saturday morning to go with O'Malley being pulled late friday evening. The clubs affected by this Crows rubbish must be over it.
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Postby biffboy » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:24 pm

Monopoly Man wrote:
grasshopper22 wrote:
Monopoly Man wrote:

I thought all the Meningie lads played well. Arbon was very good down back on a big unit. Bowen was very good all day. Hally (Imps Hally) was quite solid all day. I heard Sam Pfeiffer got called up to the Crows at 10:00am saturday morning to go with O'Malley being pulled late friday evening. The clubs affected by this Crows rubbish must be over it.

Yeah, its not the best. Hopefully they are a bit more organized when we are around finals time, wouldn't be nice running around on a prelim at 10am in the morning changing a couple sides
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby Monopoly Man » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:12 pm

Taking a topic from another convo I thought I would have a crack!

I thought I would do a Mike Sheehan Top 15 RMFL players I’ve SEEN so far this year.

1) Matt Hodge
2) Jake Bowen
3) Brian Fenton
4) Andy Pech
5) Jade Sheedy
6) Liam O’Neil
7) Michael Arbon
8) Myles Warmington
9) Aisea Raikiwasa
10) Will Abbott
11) Daniel Girdham
12) Ben Quast
13) Jake Liston
14) Brendon Moon
15) Owen Love

I have seen Mannum twice so they feature heavily. Corey Jones was in good form early but got injured and I didn’t count Crows Players. Also, apart from Liam O'Neil I reckon Ramblers would fill majority of spots from 15-25. They seem a well balanced unit and don't rely too heavily on one player.
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Postby P.B » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:23 pm

Ballsy MM but kudos for having a dip. Mine would be

1. Jake Bowen
2. Myles Warmington
3. Brian Fenton
4. Andy Pech
5. Jade Sheedy
6. Matt Hodge
7. Michael Arbon - great choice! don't think he's been beaten all year
8. Liam O'Neil
9. Daniel Girdham
10. Dylan Ribbons
11. Jake Liston
12. Andy Angove
13. Aisea Raikiwasa
14. Aaron Wanders
15. Will Abbott

Few changes but I think you got it mostly right. Just the order which will be personal opinion.
P.B
Under 16s

Postby used to be » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:04 pm

I have to agree with you PB except for one name missing and that is Chris Hall. On his day he can win games at Mannum on the field that is... we all seen his game against us and spent half the time on the bench but still made a huge difference. Unsure why he was the association coach I would have loved to have swapped coaches with the greatest... we had better individuals but simply got out coached, Hally has a lot to learn . But never the less a good player still , he will only get fitter as the year goes on and if he remains fit look out .
used to be
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby grasshopper22 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:45 pm

used to be wrote:I have to agree with you PB except for one name missing and that is Chris Hall. On his day he can win games at Mannum on the field that is... we all seen his game against us and spent half the time on the bench but still made a huge difference. Unsure why he was the association coach I would have loved to have swapped coaches with the greatest... we had better individuals but simply got out coached, Hally has a lot to learn . But never the less a good player still , he will only get fitter as the year goes on and if he remains fit look out .

UTB I've spoken to a couple of our lads that played Saturday and they thought Hally was a great coach.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby grasshopper22 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:50 pm

What's peoples thoughts on the new write ups(reviews and predictions) in the standard weekly?
Definately a lot more professional than what was previously done, but I do still jump on the RMFL website and have a look over Dalwoods thoughts for interest sake and a laugh.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby Monopoly Man » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:38 pm

I quite enjoy the Standard write ups but I still do read Dalwood's after learning where they were this week. BIG game against the Chooks this week, I think we can get them but I am unsure whether Quasty will play and that's a big loss. He has a big heart though and I reckon he'll get up just because its the chooks. Big Adsy should be right to go and it will be great to see him running around in the As again.

Surprised you'd say that about Hall UTB. Wait ... no Im not. The feedback I heard from a few players was what Grasshopper heard and that was that Hall was great.
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Postby grasshopper22 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:41 pm

This weeks games.

Ramblers by 20-30 points over imps with thommo and pfeiffer back.

Tigers to get back on the winners list over the bluds. Looks like Gene will be back looking at the crows team but wouldn't surprise me if the Bluds got up
Mypo 11-20points

Taliem v Meningie should be a good game and looks like Taliem have picked up a few players since last time we met. Meningie to kick away in the second half by 30-40 points
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby biffboy » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:23 pm

Couple interesting clearances up tonight, notably Raymond Love to Jervois & Smart back to meninge. Also looks like Micky Sumner is on the move again :roll:
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby GWW » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:15 pm

Sumner is an assistant at Tailem I believe, so no real surprise he's put in a clearance there.

Girardi back to Ramblers is probably the most interesting one of the lot.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby biffboy » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:37 pm

GWW wrote:Sumner is an assistant at Tailem I believe, so no real surprise he's put in a clearance there.

Girardi back to Ramblers is probably the most interesting one of the lot.

Will make a good forward pocket in the ressies I think you'll find. Didn't even look at our clearances
biffboy
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy