The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby woodublieve12 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:08 am

Gee if the bays beat the crows, how bad are centrals???
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby dedja » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:11 am

Yes, the question must be asked.

Maybe its just a conspiracy because they voted no.

South will probably suffer the same fate.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 972 times

Postby StrayDog » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:14 am

Bounce of the ball wrote:Footy forums hey, imagine posting a footy comment. Sorry , back to yourself. :D Enjoy.

Or just sticking to topic for that matter, but hey, that's the way the ball bounces. ;)
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby Bounce of the ball » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:16 am

StrayDog wrote:
Bounce of the ball wrote:Footy forums hey, imagine posting a footy comment. Sorry , back to yourself. :D Enjoy.

Or just sticking to topic for that matter, but hey, that's the way the ball bounces. ;)

Yeah I agree
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby dedja » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:51 am

OK, whinge time ... how about actually reporting on the match Scott Walsh? ... disgraceful

Birthday boy Taylor Walker kicks three goals in strong return, despite Adelaide’s 37-point loss to Glenelg
SCOTT WALSH THE ADVERTISER APRIL 25, 2014 11:06PM

THE knee’s good, the hands still work and the goalkicking boot, well, it’s as trusty as ever.

Taylor Walker’s return to football passed with flying colours last night as the Adelaide forward booted three goals for the Crows’ reserves against Glenelg in an extended comeback that lasted until midway through the final term at Gliderol Stadium.

The only thing missing in Adelaide’s 37-point loss to the Tigers was singing the song - but, under the watchful eye of coach Brenton Sanderson and virtually the entire Adelaide playing list and football department, Walker’s comeback was never about competition points.

It was about getting through.

And the Broken Hill boy, on his 24th birthday, ticked every possible box despite unexpected drizzle that lasted most of the game.

The final tally was 12 disposals, 10 of them kicks, for 3.3 with six marks, a tackle and three inside-50s.

Playing without a brace or any strapping on the rebuilt right knee he injured 363 days earlier, Walker was strong and certain on his feet.

The star forward played with total confidence as he kicked a goal in the opening quarter and two more when the Crows mounted a third-term charge.

It took just seven minutes for Walker to announce he was officially back. His first major came on a breaking lead that he marked and converted from 40m.

He missed another set shot eight minutes later but soon passed a major test when he gathered, stopped, changed direction and snapped on his left boot.

The shot missed, but the knee held tight.

There were a few scares - Walker almost ran head-first into the Adelaide dugout after marking inside the boundary line, then sent Glenelg players flying like tenpins at another marking contest on the wing.

Having played more time than the half most had expected, Walker was eventually put on ice in the final term when the game was beyond Adelaide’s reach
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Postby CUTTERMAN » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:26 am

That's a disgrace. But it's "all good promotion of the SANFL"
F*** me.
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
Keith Thomas ABC 891 Radio, 21/6/14.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby zipzap » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:33 am

"The only thing missing in Adelaide’s 37-point loss to the Tigers was singing the song - but, under the watchful eye of coach Brenton Sanderson and virtually the entire Adelaide playing list and football department, Walker’s comeback was never about competition points."

DISGRACEFUL!
"A no vote from any club means there is some sort of risk involved in our entry into the competition not working," Steven Trigg.
zipzap
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 248 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:40 am

dedja wrote:OK, whinge time ... how about actually reporting on the match Scott Walsh? ... disgraceful

Birthday boy Taylor Walker kicks three goals in strong return, despite Adelaide’s 37-point loss to Glenelg

THE knee’s good, the hands still work and the goalkicking boot, well, it’s as trusty as ever.

Taylor Walker’s return to football passed with flying colours last night as the Adelaide forward booted three goals for the Crows’ reserves against Glenelg in an extended comeback that lasted until midway through the final term at Gliderol Stadium.

The only thing missing in Adelaide’s 37-point loss to the Tigers was singing the song - but, under the watchful eye of coach Brenton Sanderson and virtually the entire Adelaide playing list and football department, Walker’s comeback was never about competition points.

It was about getting the match

And the Broken Hill boy, on his 24th birthday, ticked every possible box despite unexpected drizzle that lasted most of the game.

The final tally was 12 disposals, 10 of them kicks, for 3.3 with six marks, a tackle and three inside-50s.

Playing without a brace or any strapping on the rebuilt right knee he injured 363 days earlier, Walker was strong and certain on his feet.

The star forward played with total confidence as he kicked a goal in the opening quarter and two more when the Crows mounted a third-term charge.

It took just seven minutes for Walker to announce he was officially back. His first major came on a breaking lead that he marked and converted from 40m.

He missed another set shot eight minutes later but soon passed a major test when he gathered, stopped, changed direction and snapped on his left boot.

There were a few scares - Walker almost ran head-first into the Adelaide dugout after marking inside the boundary line, then sent Glenelg players flying like tenpins at another marking contest on the wing.

Having played more time than the half most had expected, Walker was eventually put on ice in the final term when the game was beyond Adelaide’s reach

Totally agree Dedja what a joke what about a match report and Kudo's to the victorious Bays hang on did they really play ?????

It is the SANFL after all i think ????

I will use part of a famous quote " who really gives a rats toss bag " about Tex and the Crows.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Ian » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:42 am

dedja wrote:OK, whinge time ... how about actually reporting on the match Scott Walsh? ... disgraceful

[i]Birthday boy Taylor Walker kicks three goals in strong return, despite Adelaide’s 37-point loss to Glenelg

It's been the same every week, It's been all about why the Crows (and Port) have won or lost, the rest of us hardly warrant a mention. Well done to the Bays, so far it's only been Centrals to let down the SANFL clubs
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Jim05 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:15 am

Good crowd last night on paper but does the SANFL actually keep records of how many paid?
The Crows members getting free entry needs to be abolished next year or their license fee needs to go up
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby The Dark Knight » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:18 am

It was about getting through.

A better report for the game is on page 96 of today's paper
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10297 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby dedja » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:30 pm

Yes, noticed it later
dedja
Coach

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:54 pm

The Bastards should be made to pay or F&ck off from the competition they are just in it for the free ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny thing thou No Body from the Bay has followed up why I haven't paid my membership this year, Must be okay for members this year!!!!!
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Pseudo » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:13 pm

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:The Bastards should be made to pay or F&ck off from the competition they are just in it for the free ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny thing thou No Body from the Bay has followed up why I haven't paid my membership this year, Must be okay for members this year!!!!!

I got two separate messages from the club about membership on my voicemail. So we both got followed up, on average :lol:
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby RB » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:27 pm

Lol. I got a letter asking why I hadn't renewed. Funny, because I got no reply to the five page letter I wrote to Slaven in the reserves debate last year.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby smac » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:51 pm

Ian wrote:Well done to the Bays, so far it's only been Centrals to let down the SANFL clubs
Yet we're still not even for being let down ourselves at some meeting last year...
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Aerie » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:44 pm

Another big win to the Power Reserves. After 9 Rounds they would have played every team once. I think the SANFL should make a move to weaken them via their top-up players system at this point. There would still be 3 weeks before the June 30 deadline for those players who need to move on to find another home. Otherwise, a Port Magpies premiership looks a certainty and under this system, would be a joke given the leg-up they have been given. They still have the likes of Jarrad Redden and the Irishman Flynn to come back, as well as another 5 injured Power players.

I still think Port should be allowed to have their junior structure and "academy team/SANFL reserves" if they want. This should be the only way they can produce top-up players, and all these top up players should not be older than 21 (perhaps allow one over-age as they do now). Once they are over-age, they can either stick with the Academy team or find another home at the end of the season.

Below is the list of this years top up players, their age and how many games they've played so far. Out of this list, come the end of Round 9, Biemans, Bruggemann, Gordon, Krakouer, Venter and one of Summerton or Slattery shouldn't be allowed to play for Port Magpies League team IMO.

I wonder if the SANFL clubs would have the balls to make this happen, because as it stands it is completely unfair. If Port are still good enough to win the premiership then at least they would have done so in the spirit of development - which is after all what these teams are about.

Biemans - age 24 (Interstate) - played all 4, in best once
Bruggemann - 23 (WWT Eagles Junior) - played all 4
Butcher - 21 (ex Power - Interstate) - not played (10 league games in 2013)
Gordon - 21 (Interstate) - not played
Haren - 21 (ex Swans - local) - played all 4, in best once
Hawkins - 19 (local) - played 1
Johansen - 17 (local) - not played (15 league games in 2013)
Krakouer - 25 (ex Power - Interstate) - not played
Raikiwasa - 21 (local) - not played (18 league games in 2013)
Sawford - 19 (local) - not played (2 league games in 2013)
Sharrad - 20 (local) - played 2, best once (8 league games in 2013)
Slattery - 28 (ex Essendon - West Adelaide/Port Magpies) - played 3 (8 league games in 2013)
Summerton - 26 (local) - played all 4, in best all 4 (played 20 league games in 2013)
Venter - 23 (interstate) - not played
Young - 19 (local) - played twice (played 4 league games in 2013)
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby whufc » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:48 pm

Unfortunately I don't think anything can or should be done mid season

Personally I hope they don't lose another game and win the GF by 150+ points then maybe the other SANFL clubs win get rid of the reserves
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Jim05 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:57 pm

whufc wrote:Unfortunately I don't think anything can or should be done mid season

Personally I hope they don't lose another game and win the GF by 150+ points then maybe the other SANFL clubs win get rid of the reserves

Agree.
Cant be done midseason but rules will definately be changed for next season
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Pseudo » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:58 pm

Aerie wrote:I wonder if the SANFL clubs would have the balls to make this happen, because as it stands it is completely unfair.

Last year the 8 clubs were adamant that Port could have a reserves team in the SANFL league only under the same conditions as the Crows.

Port whinged "We want to have dedicated SANFL league players of any age and we want a SANFL reserves team too".

The clubs couldn't have backflipped more quickly if they'd had circus training.

You reckon they'll admit to making a mistake now?
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL