BL&G Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: BL&G Football League

Postby roodog » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:04 pm

BoundaryRider84 wrote:
UNCLE SAM wrote:I am amazed the Herald let Media Mike write the crap he does each week. His top 20 again show his absolute biais towards Angaston with 3 Ango players in the top 20. He then has Angaston finishing 5th on this years ladder when they have finished bottom the last 2 years. Hell Days would not even have them that high in 2014. I follow Tanunda and to have Lachie Agars in the best 20 in the association in front of Stanley from Centrals and about 50 others is just embarassing and shows the writer has no football knowledge .Comparing the liftout from the Bunyip and the Herald it would be embarassing for the Herald as the Bunyip's lift out is fantastic and a great endorsment of the BLG. Well done Sam and all those at the Bunyip for a great production on local sport.

Well passed his use by date. Sam, Dogwatcher and co at the Bunyip have done a brilliant job again, but that is no real surprise

The Herald have had Robert Laidlaw on a part time basis for some time now and I'm astonished that the paper doesn't use his expertise more. Apparently he's doing other projects, but seriously, throw some money at him and get the bloke writing ALL of the football and the Herald will be much more readable for it.
"That which does not defeat you can only make you stronger"
roodog
Under 16s

Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Failed Creation » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:43 pm

I recently started working in the Gawler area, and bought The Bunyip today. I tell you what, their winter sports liftout is top notch. If time allows, I might get out and watch a couple of games this season.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3308 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Extractor » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:38 pm

royboy wrote:
UNCLE SAM wrote:Interesting round to open season

Centrals V Tanunda - we always start poorly and with all the imports Centrals have they will account for the Magpies by 8 goals but expect us to improve as the year goes on with a couple of locals returning mid season with some luck and dollars passing hands

Thought GC's only added import was Jamar to replace Howard, but could be wrong

You would be correct. The others are zero-pointers returning to the club...
Extractor
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 15 times

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:45 am

UNCLE SAM wrote:I am amazed the Herald let Media Mike write the crap he does each week. His top 20 again show his absolute biais towards Angaston with 3 Ango players in the top 20. He then has Angaston finishing 5th on this years ladder when they have finished bottom the last 2 years. Hell Days would not even have them that high in 2014. I follow Tanunda and to have Lachie Agars in the best 20 in the association in front of Stanley from Centrals and about 50 others is just embarassing and shows the writer has no football knowledge .Comparing the liftout from the Bunyip and the Herald it would be embarassing for the Herald as the Bunyip's lift out is fantastic and a great endorsment of the BLG. Well done Sam and all those at the Bunyip for a great production on local sport.

Yep a very embarrassing top 20 from Mike. Agars wouldnt be in the top 10 at Tanunda let alone the whole comp.
I think Ango will finish in front of Barossa and maybe Nuri and Freeling. Any injuries and they will finish bottom again.

I will make one prediction though, the B Grade under the guidance of the Milk Truck will break the premiership drought
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2430 times
Been liked: 1668 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Swamp Donkey » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:09 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

Yep a very embarrassing top 20 from Mike. Agars wouldnt be in the top 10 at Tanunda let alone the whole comp.
I think Ango will finish in front of Barossa and maybe Nuri and Freeling. Any injuries and they will finish bottom again.

I will make one prediction though, the B Grade under the guidance of the Milk Truck will break the premiership drought

Anyone care to post the Top 20, I'd be very interested. I guess I could just buy the Bunyip?
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:34 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Anyone care to post the Top 20, I'd be very interested. I guess I could just buy the Bunyip?

T'was in the Herald, its free, nobody would pay to read that crap
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2430 times
Been liked: 1668 times

Postby Skip Dimes » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:34 pm

Skip Dimes
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Postby royboy » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:28 pm

What was Media Mike thinking? At least is has provided plenty of entertainment value!!
royboy
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Borat » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:31 am

mike was spot on with his top 20, looking back over the panthers 2013 season OBrien possessed that brilliance to break open those 3 games the panthers won last year, so without a doubt is by far the leading player in the BLGFA
another quality article by mike
Borat

Has liked: 2 times

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:36 am

Borat wrote:mike was spot on with his top 20, looking back over the panthers 2013 season OBrien possessed that brilliance to break open those 3 games the panthers won last year, so without a doubt is by far the leading player in the BLGFA

You must be 11 days behind yourself, but a good April Fools Day joke nevertheless :-)
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 225 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby The Duke » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:31 pm

Borat wrote:mike was spot on with his top 20, looking back over the panthers 2013 season OBrien possessed that brilliance to break open those 3 games the panthers won last year, so without a doubt is by far the leading player in the BLGFA

Much anticipated annual article, well balanced list and a few panthers could call themselves unlucky!
Are you prepared to pay the price? WILL YOU PAY THE PRICE?
The Duke
Under 18s

Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Red Rocket » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:29 pm

Heard Centrals were up by over 12 goals at 1/2 time, any final scores?
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby Red Rocket » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:35 pm

Media Mike off the mark again by the looks. Is there another long year ahead for Ango after being beaten by the team he picked to come last.
Other results today fairly predictable, Centrals miles ahead of the pack.
Was surprised at South's margin against Nuri, seemed to be plenty of doom and gloom about South in the off season, maybe they will still be around the mark or perhaps Nuri are over rated again. No shock in the other game, Freeling are very ordinary
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby roodog » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:06 pm

Went to watch Kapunda's trial game against RSMU on Saturday. Bombers got home well ahead (7-8 goals) but can't say they were super impressive in the general play or ball use. A couple of colts kicked multiple goals each, and returning players Cussadia, Turrell , Norman and Holding all showed they'll be good contributors to the 2014 season. If McKenzie can put a bit more polish on Kapunda's overall gameplay, it'll go a long way to making the basis fore a good, consistent sort of side
roodog
Under 16s

Postby hotspur » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:40 pm

Went to watch Kapunda's trial game against RSMU on Saturday. Bombers got home well ahead (7-8 goals) but can't say they were super impressive in the general play or ball use.
There were some senior players missing for Kapunda and some - Mckinnon, Ryan, etc. - only played a half. Those juniors looked promising for the future, so they are an unknown quantity still ahead of their first game
On the other hand, Riverton almost at full strength. A long year ahead by the look of this game.
hotspur
Under 16s

Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Extractor » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:31 am

Was there a rule in place last year where you couldnt play trials once the regular season had started?

Makes sense that that rule isnt in place this year with the Easter break though...
Extractor
Under 16s

Been liked: 15 times

Postby roodog » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:46 pm

Unsure Extractor, but it wasn't in the BL&G handbook of last season
roodog
Under 16s

Postby roodog » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:01 pm

By the way - anyone like to comment who was at the Willaston v Freeling game? A total of 65 scoring shots between the two sides indicates NO ONE was manning up
roodog
Under 16s

Postby Useless » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:14 pm

roodog wrote:By the way - anyone like to comment who was at the Willaston v Freeling game? A total of 65 scoring shots between the two sides indicates NO ONE was manning up

Not a lot of it in the middle, resulted in a shoot out. both very open forward lines.
Useless

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Lethal Dose » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:22 pm

Would have to have Brad Mercer as the number 1, any player that can kick you 100 goals is worthy of that. If centrals never had him, would they have made the Grand Final last year, probably not!
Lethal Dose
Under 16s

Been liked: 2 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy