SAAFL division 5 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 5 grand final?

Adelaide Lutheran
8%
CBCOC
7%
Colonel Light Gardens
10%
Elizabeth
22%
Brahma Lodge
5%
Para Hills
7%
Trinity OS
3%
Greenacres
7%
North Haven
21%
Westminster OS
10%

Total votes : 107

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Postby Browny25 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:14 pm

TIRED TIGER wrote:
Browny25 wrote:
And to all those who thought we were talking sh!t and dropping grades was the easy option...

I still believe you should have been made to tough it out in Div 4 for 2 reasons. When you were thrashing teams with all your imports that was fine but now take the easy option and not go down the hard way. Secondly now a club whoever that maybe who finishes 9th is unfairly relegated imo.I know you will think its sour grapes Browny but you have to do the hard yards on the way down,after enjoying the good times on the way up

You can have your opinion, no one cant grant you that.

Its better for the comp as a whole that teams are not smashed week in and out, you cant seriously say that seeing scores like the Kilburn game (or even our first game) is a good look for the comp?

Easy option? Not sure about that.
Browny25
Coach

Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:15 pm

Who made the right decision? Whoever is still here next year.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Browny25 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:16 pm

superboot7 wrote:I 2nd that totally!!!! and very well said

Did Kilburn take the option??? I dont think they did...could be wrong

Do you have any idea? I highly doubt it.... could be wrong.
Browny25
Coach

Postby Browny25 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:18 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Who made the right decision? Whoever is still here next year.

Agreed.

WE are only doing what we think is best for the club long term.

No doubt it will bring joy to many seeing BL struggle, so enjoy while you can.
Browny25
Coach

Postby HH3 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:20 pm

Browny25 wrote:
TIRED TIGER wrote:
Browny25 wrote:
And to all those who thought we were talking sh!t and dropping grades was the easy option...

I still believe you should have been made to tough it out in Div 4 for 2 reasons. When you were thrashing teams with all your imports that was fine but now take the easy option and not go down the hard way. Secondly now a club whoever that maybe who finishes 9th is unfairly relegated imo.I know you will think its sour grapes Browny but you have to do the hard yards on the way down,after enjoying the good times on the way up

You can have your opinion, no one cant grant you that.

Its better for the comp as a whole that teams are not smashed week in and out, you cant seriously say that seeing scores like the Kilburn game (or even our first game) is a good look for the comp?

Easy option? Not sure about that.

If Brahmas gonna get smashed in Div 5 anyway, why not just stay up and get smashed in Div 3? At least then you can recruit with the knowledge that you would be Div 4 at worst the next season, and some quality players might want to help the club out at that level. Now you guys are gonna be recruiting knowing you're playing Div 7....not a very attractive prospect.

Not knocking the clubs decision. Just my opinion.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Browny25 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:26 pm

Just doing what we think is best long term

Seeing 54 goal smashings isnt going to help attract anyone - Or keeping anyone.
Browny25
Coach

Postby Bigshow82 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:29 pm

Browny25 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Who made the right decision? Whoever is still here next year.

Agreed.

WE are only doing what we think is best for the club long term.

No doubt it will bring joy to many seeing BL struggle, so enjoy while you can.

Welcome back from your honeymoon mate, sounds like you are glad to be back....

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
Bigshow82
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 35 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby HH3 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:33 pm

Browny25 wrote:Just doing what we think is best long term

Getting smashed by over 30 goals in Div 5 is a worse look in my opinion.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Browny25 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:37 pm

HH3 wrote:

Fair enough.
Browny25
Coach

Postby Bigshow82 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:41 pm

HH3 wrote:

So it would look better us getting belted by 60 goals in div 3 or 4 with one team?

Bigshow82
League Bench Warmer

Postby HH3 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Bigshow82 wrote:
HH3 wrote:

So it would look better us getting belted by 60 goals in div 3 or 4 with one team?

They got beat by 33 goals by a team 2 whole divisions under the division they could've played in.

There's a heap of fringe A grade players from northern clubs that could have been targeted with the promise of playing Div 4 A grade next year. I think a lot of guys who think they're good enough, but struggle to stay in an A grade side would jump at the chance to have that opportunity. Now, the carrot is Div 6 A grade. I just think its a missed opportunity and will set the rebuild back a bit.

Getting smashed is getting smashed. No ones looking at Brahma and thinking they're any better off than Kilburn right now. But time will tell.

Like I said, Im not having a go at Brahma, and there are probably people there a lot smarter than me (its not hard). I hope you guys find your feet. I know how you're feeling, I played for Hackham for 3 seasons with a total of one win, and pretty much the rest lost by at least 20 goals.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Bigshow82 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:03 pm

HH3 wrote:
Bigshow82 wrote:
HH3 wrote:

They got beat by 33 goals by a team 2 whole divisions under the division they could've played in.

There's a heap of fringe A grade players from northern clubs that could have been targeted with the promise of playing Div 4 A grade next year. I think a lot of guys who think they're good enough, but struggle to stay in an A grade side would jump at the chance to have that opportunity. Now, the carrot is Div 6 A grade. I just think its a missed opportunity and will set the rebuild back a bit.

Getting smashed is getting smashed. No ones looking at Brahma and thinking they're any better off than Kilburn right now. But time will tell.

Like I said, Im not having a go at Brahma, and there are probably people there a lot smarter than me (its not hard). I hope you guys find your feet. I know how you're feeling, I played for Hackham for 3 seasons with a total of one win, and pretty much the rest lost by at least 20 goals.

Fair points but what if there wasn't a club to entice people to come to? We were really looking like not fielding one team a month ago, now we have two sides on the park.

Bigshow82
League Bench Warmer

Postby HH3 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:08 pm

Bigshow82 wrote:Fair points but what if there wasn't a club to entice people to come to? We were really looking like not fielding one team a month ago, now we have two sides on the park.

Thats true. And you guys know more about whats going on behind the scenes than I do.

Div 5 would've looked better than Div 3 to the guys that are there now, but I hope the guys that played Saturday stick around the whole season. It's gonna be a hard slog, and morales not gonna be great, trust me.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Bigshow82 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:29 pm

HH3 wrote:
Bigshow82 wrote:Fair points but what if there wasn't a club to entice people to come to? We were really looking like not fielding one team a month ago, now we have two sides on the park.

Thats true. And you guys know more about whats going on behind the scenes than I do.

Div 5 would've looked better than Div 3 to the guys that are there now, but I hope the guys that played Saturday stick around the whole season. It's gonna be a hard slog, and morales not gonna be great, trust me.

We fielded and will hopefully continue to field a reasonably young side, with a plan that these blokes stick around the club and are the ones that are the reason the club rises again. The club has an U/14 side I think it is this year so we are looking to the future and hope that this is where our next successful period lies. The young blokes playing now will be at a good age when hopefully this crop of kids are ready for seniors.

Bigshow82
League Bench Warmer

Postby panthers » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:03 pm

I still believe you should have been made to tough it out in Div 4 for 2 reasons. When you were thrashing teams with all your imports that was fine but now take the easy option and not go down the hard way. Secondly now a club whoever that maybe who finishes 9th is unfairly relegated imo.I know you will think its sour grapes Browny but you have to do the hard yards on the way down,after enjoying the good times on the way up[/quote]

A Grade
Brahma Lodge 1.4 10
CBCOC 34.14 218
B Grade
Brahma Lodge 0.0
CBCOC 37.17 239

Wouldn't have thought that was an easy option :shock:

Good Luck Brahma Lodge
Its More than a Game !!!
panthers
Rookie

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby Hoodlum » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:59 pm

At the end if the day.... Brahma Lodge were a div 6/7 side a few years back.... Recruited well, moved up the ranks, the recruited players left and they'll move back down into those divisions.... Can blame the club. Can possibly look at how best to spend there dollers though! No disrespect, but I would head out to brahma lodge in a blue fit! The oval sux, and the whole set up looks shabby! Spend the money on these young lads and provide a place they want to stay at.
Hoodlum
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:52 am

Hoodlum wrote:At the end if the day.... Brahma Lodge were a div 6/7 side a few years back.... Recruited well, moved up the ranks, the recruited players left and they'll move back down into those divisions.... Can blame the club. Can possibly look at how best to spend there dollers though! No disrespect, but I would head out to brahma lodge in a blue fit! The oval sux, and the whole set up looks shabby! Spend the money on these young lads and provide a place they want to stay at.

Would or wouldn't?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Arch44 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:05 pm

Its a promotion relegation system that shouldn't change. If you cant field 2 sides then you go to the Cgrade comp with one side like we did in early 2000s and rebuild from there or you have a crack at the grade you are meant to be in like Kilburn have done. Whether its 50 goals or 10 goals you are where you should be. In my opinion its farcical this happened.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:03 pm

I honestly believe that If you're a club that really wants to do really well in the SAAFL. Its all about club culture. If you're going to offer huge amounts of cash to players. You're going to have to expect that if those players were offered more money to play elsewhere. They will leave. Thats what happens when money influences player movements. Unfortunately with Brahma Lodge, they spent big dollars on getting players and while they were successful for a few years. Its now not looking that good as the same players that were getting paid big $$$ are now playing elsewhere for more $$$.

And now to say that it isnt good for a club to get smashed week in and week out. I say that is crap. You got yourselves there and you should stay where you are and play your best to whatever result and move on to rebuilding your club again. By asking to be placed in a lower division to me sounds like your club wants to take a very easy way out so you dont get belted each week. Tough it up and work to growing a better club culture. Im sure we've all played in a team that got belted nearly every round in a year in our careers. It is AMATUER league if you recall.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby one day I will » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:38 pm

Loosing all ur players and going down couple divs is never good for any club. But if it was another club do u guys reckon brahma would care they would be looking at the percentage boost.
Last edited by one day I will on Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
one day I will
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League