hey roo have no interest in going back down that road :lol:
hairy cat
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Swamp Donkey » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:07 pm

grasshopper22 wrote:How's Gus Bruggemann getting on in town? Heard he was training with the Maggies/power reserves

He's still out there so thats a good sign. i guess he'll find out exactly how he's travelling when the games start up. Looks fit and well though.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Nighthawk » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:46 pm

Just wondering how hummocks and their coach are going
Nighthawk
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby barrys antz » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:40 pm

Nighthawk wrote:Just wondering how hummocks and their coach are going

Hearing club and coach r all ready butting heads. And he may have moved on already. Nighthawk I'm assuming u know something and ur doing some fishing here
barrys antz
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Tanunda

Postby barrys antz » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:44 pm

barrys antz wrote:
Nighthawk wrote:Just wondering how hummocks and their coach are going

Hearing club and coach r all ready butting heads. And he may have moved on already. Nighthawk I'm assuming u know something and ur doing some fishing here

Maybe Ace of spades can answer ur question
barrys antz
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Tanunda

Postby Nighthawk » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:04 am

I've only heard rumours so don't want to say anything and look silly.
Nighthawk
Rookie

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:48 am

It seems they are looking for a new coach
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby magpieeagle » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:39 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:It seems they are looking for a new coach

Happened Wednesday night after a meeting!!
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Nighthawk » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:30 pm

Good to see they have appointed a new coach already.
Last edited by Nighthawk on Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nighthawk
Rookie

Postby magpieeagle » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:32 pm

Nighthawk wrote:Good to see they have appointed a new coach already. Best of luck to them. Hopefully the new coach can spark some
Enthusiasm and get the most out of the group he is given.

Trinity McNamara the coach,History???????
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:59 am

Played at Pasky
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby BigV » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:09 pm

Yes i know im back!!!!! Thanks guys i have missed you all too. So United Vs Virginia this year would be like a Saisbury North Internal. The big unit from Balak gone, Coaching troubles at Hummocks already, Hamley picking up some so called guns lol, Mallala looking strong again and Two Wells........ No one really cares about Two Wells. Looks like we are in for a interesting year.
BigV
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times

Postby footys the winner » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:42 pm

BigV wrote:Yes i know im back!!!!! Thanks guys i have missed you all too. So United Vs Virginia this year would be like a Saisbury North Internal. The big unit from Balak gone, Coaching troubles at Hummocks already, Hamley picking up some so called guns lol, Mallala looking strong again and Two Wells........ No one really cares about Two Wells. Looks like we are in for a interesting year.

stribling and dowdell will both be in the top 5 players in the comp.

solly
pym
monty rounding it out IMO
footys the winner
Under 18s

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby Swamp Donkey » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:53 pm

footys the winner wrote:
BigV wrote:Yes i know im back!!!!! Thanks guys i have missed you all too. So United Vs Virginia this year would be like a Saisbury North Internal. The big unit from Balak gone, Coaching troubles at Hummocks already, Hamley picking up some so called guns lol, Mallala looking strong again and Two Wells........ No one really cares about Two Wells. Looks like we are in for a interesting year.

solly
pym

Time will tell I guess. History says the high-profile players don't always have the biggest impact in the APFL for whatever reason. You could list 10-20 players that guys on here have ear-marked to dominate the competition in recent years, that have had relatively little impact. and no I'm not going to list them. Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to seeing Stribling, Dowdell and Solly rip this competition to pieces :D .
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Best Off Ground » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:38 pm

Hey swamp hows the Big Dog Harris performing on the track so far this pre-season??
Best Off Ground

Has liked: 1 time

Postby Footy Warrior » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:00 pm

footys the winner wrote:

solly
pym

obviously have no idea about the APFL. The best players who have been in this league are the one's who have grown up in it. I could name a few who are still around before you mention those imports, who might i add haven't even suited up for an APFL game yet. Lee Allmond, Jason Earl, matt Young, Heath Pym already mentioned.
Footy Warrior
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Cobdogla

Postby Footy Warrior » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:01 pm

Hey BigVagina, maybe it's this attitude that gets you knocked out by them in the finals every year? :lol:
Footy Warrior
Under 16s

Postby Nocyrils » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:12 pm

solly will go well. only problem will be is if united can get the ball to him. seen stribs running the uni loop the other night. looks very fit. will cop a lot of attention though. hopefully coach Herberle can teach the hamley boys to block and protect to free stribs up.
Mallala
two wells
hamley
virginia
untied
balak
hummcoks

my prediction
Nocyrils
Under 16s

Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Hamley Bridge

Postby BOMBERS » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:29 pm

Footy Warrior wrote:
footys the winner wrote:

solly
pym

obviously have no idea about the APFL. The best players who have been in this league are the one's who have grown up in it. I could name a few who are still around before you mention those imports, who might i add haven't even suited up for an APFL game yet. Lee Allmond, Jason Earl, matt Young, Heath Pym already mentioned.

I'm interested how you have come up with your top 5 considering you as quoted 'have no idea of the APFL' and most likely no idea of the quality of players running around in this league? Obviously you're very Salisbury North/United biased with your selections but there is some quality players from each of the 7 sides.
BOMBERS
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Hamley Bridge

Postby Footy Warrior » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:44 am

BOMBERS wrote:
Footy Warrior wrote:
footys the winner wrote:

solly
pym

I'm interested how you have come up with your top 5 considering you as quoted 'have no idea of the APFL' and most likely no idea of the quality of players running around in this league? Obviously you're very Salisbury North/United biased with your selections but there is some quality players from each of the 7 sides.

I didn't name any Salisbury north players? What are you on about. Played in this league for many years up to 2011. Top players running around this league Allmond, Earl, Young, Pym, Seccafien, Whiskey Walker. Joel Mont has been the best import to come into this league and stay. Like Swamp said there has been many that have come with hype and not delivered. It's up to them to show the people who have been running around the league for years how good they are. What's your top five?
Footy Warrior
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy