Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:17 pm

kickinit wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:For goodness sake mate you're quoting 1 freak storm that didn't cross the coast.

Do yourself a favour and go up to Karatha and Port Hedland and see what the weather is like up there and how close it comes to perth.

Perth's weather is very consistent actually. The cyclones that have affected Perth are nearly always just above tropical lows, as the tend to fizzle out quickly over the cooler waters.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:20 pm

kickinit wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:I currently live in Perth and whilst the weather here is consistently warmer than Adelaide the extremes are far worse in SA...

Mainly I'm sick of the East Coast news reports claiming a 42 degree day is the end of the friggen world but when Perth, Adelaide and Alice Springs clock up 7 days above 35 its lucky to make the news....

You got to be joking right? When has Adelaide had 40 plus weather and had a cyclone warning as well? Or like next Saturday 38 degrees and 40-80mm of rain. I'd take Adelaide Weather anyway over WA.

When is this happening? And where?
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby Ian » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:23 pm

kickinit wrote:You obviously don't know WA all that well do you. An hour flight from perth airport is very well known for getting cyclones, and in fact they had one off the coast 2 weeks ago. While they don't frequent Perth that often there has been ones that have travelled down to perth. Like I said i'd take SA over WA any day.

http://www.bom.gov.au/cyclone/history/wa/perth.shtml
an hour flight North of Perth isn't Perth, that'd be like calling Pt Augusta Adelaide
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Bully » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:06 pm

The Sleeping Giant wrote:
kickinit wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:I currently live in Perth and whilst the weather here is consistently warmer than Adelaide the extremes are far worse in SA...

Mainly I'm sick of the East Coast news reports claiming a 42 degree day is the end of the friggen world but when Perth, Adelaide and Alice Springs clock up 7 days above 35 its lucky to make the news....

You got to be joking right? When has Adelaide had 40 plus weather and had a cyclone warning as well? Or like next Saturday 38 degrees and 40-80mm of rain. I'd take Adelaide Weather anyway over WA.

well It happens in Brisbane - Monday got to near 36/38 and had 80mm of rain in the southern suburbs.
severe thunderstorms also this day ( Darwin like storm with the lightning strikes ) ...yes before you say how would you know a Darwin storm, I spent 10 years there
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:57 pm

Queensland tropics and sub-tropics seem to cop more rain than WA but you can't match the consistent heat you get out of the WA coast line and in-land.

Marble Bar and its surrounds is just insane and one of the hottest places on the planet and as Kickinit pointed out around Karratha is just beyond belief with a consistent mixture of humidity and heat.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 739 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby kickinit » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:11 pm

kickinit wrote:

Port Hedland 38 40-80mm 80% chance then sunday 37 40-80mm 50% chance. Glad i'm back for a couple of weeks and not in that.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby kickinit » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:15 pm

Ian wrote:
kickinit wrote:You obviously don't know WA all that well do you. An hour flight from perth airport is very well known for getting cyclones, and in fact they had one off the coast 2 weeks ago. While they don't frequent Perth that often there has been ones that have travelled down to perth. Like I said i'd take SA over WA any day.

http://www.bom.gov.au/cyclone/history/wa/perth.shtml
an hour flight North of Perth isn't Perth, that'd be like calling Pt Augusta Adelaide

No it's not, but it does show how close some of WA extreme weather gets to perth. Hence why i'd take Adelaide weather over Perth weather anyway. Actually I'd take Adelaide weather over any other state in this country.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:22 pm

Bit more than an hour tho mate ;). Maybe 90 minutes in a plane. In fairness its the same as comparing Albury-Wodonga with Townsville...
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby kickinit » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:52 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Bit more than an hour tho mate ;). Maybe 90 minutes in a plane. In fairness its the same as comparing Albury-Wodonga with Townsville...

After getting the red eye out of Adelaide and arriving to Port Headland until the afternoon you soon stop think about the time and just wanna get off the plane. I wished Qantas would fly straight out of Adelaide to Port Hedland.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:46 pm

kickinit wrote:
kickinit wrote:

Port Hedland 38 40-80mm 80% chance then sunday 37 40-80mm 50% chance. Glad i'm back for a couple of weeks and not in that.

Oh. You see, LK was talking about Perth.
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby kickinit » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:19 am

The Sleeping Giant wrote:Oh. You see, LK was talking about Perth.

You see, Port Hedland isn't that far from Perth and still cops a lot of the bad weather port headland gets, like the high winds and rain with the high temps. I've had many flights delayed because of bad weather in Perth, and is one of the reason why BHP are buying a heap of houses in mining towns and starting to move away from FIFO.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:33 am

In fairness its 13-1400 kms. That's a fair distance. But the tropical systems effect the entire coast with extream conditions
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:01 am

kickinit wrote:

You see, Port Hedland isn't that far from Perth and still cops a lot of the bad weather port headland gets, like the high winds and rain with the high temps. I've had many flights delayed because of bad weather in Perth, and is one of the reason why BHP are buying a heap of houses in mining towns and starting to move away from FIFO.

So what has this got to do with the way the media reports on the weather?

5 days of 40 + in Adelaide is extreme, no matter what the weather in Port Hedland.
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:07 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:In fairness its 13-1400 kms. That's a fair distance.

Far enough to have a completely different climate, and no relevance to Perth other than being in the same state.
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby kickinit » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:52 am

kickinit wrote:

So what has this got to do with the way the media reports on the weather?

5 days of 40 + in Adelaide is extreme, no matter what the weather in Port Hedland.

Maybe you should go back and have a read. I never commented on the media. I was commenting on how LK said Adelaide had more extreme weather then Perth
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby kickinit » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:54 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:In fairness its 13-1400 kms. That's a fair distance.

Far enough to have a completely different climate, and no relevance to Perth other than being in the same state.

And still close enough to have the same climate like it does on many occasions, which makes it have a huge relevance. Once again TSG trying to but his noise in a conversions and start a argument. Since i've been back all i've seen you try is start arguments.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Pseudo » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:09 am

kickinit wrote:Since i've been back all i've seen you try is start arguments.

Since you've been back all you've done is to get sucked in by them.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby beeroclock » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:38 am

Specialized companies.
Last week my roller door wouldn't go up but when I pushed the button the controller box would recognize the remote.
I've had trouble with this roller door before and had the head replaced last April which cost $350 so the workmanship was still under warranty until April this year. Great I thought.
Roller Door Doctor comes out and does a couple of tests.
Then decides to unplug my controller and put into our other controller box. Up she goes.
Diagnosis is a stuffed controller box that will need to be replaced he informs my wife.
Get the phone call from the missus cost to be $250.
$100 call out fee and $150 for the box.
Now keep in mind this company has had my business from the get go and has supplied us with 2 roller doors and replaced the head in one.
You would think their techs would know the materials they supply inside and out.
Low and behold this morning I went to go out having parked under the other side of the carport and using the other roller door ( missus is away ).
I pushed my usual button by mistake then remembered I had to get out the car because I haven't got the correct remote my missus does.
While I was at the controller boxes I gave my controller box a couple of short fisted taps and pushed the remote again just to see what would happen.
You guessed it up she goes.
My diagnosis you twats was a loose wire not a friggin busted controller box.
Goodbye any further business to the Roller Door Doctor.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:36 pm

Every man and his dog giving hour by bloody hour weather updates on FB. Everyone has turned into Xavier Minnicon.

Not that i mind these so much but the fact that we'll have to put up with it for at least another 3 days will drive me insane.

Yes, we KNOW it's effing hot! I really don't need or want reminding.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby tigerhutch » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:42 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Every man and his dog giving hour by bloody hour weather updates on FB. Everyone has turned into Xavier Minnicon.

Not that i mind these so much but the fact that we'll have to put up with it for at least another 3 days will drive me insane.

Yes, we KNOW it's effing hot! I really don't need or want reminding.

its currently 44 !!!!
Vote for King Thistle and the Wise Old Elf ... you know it makes sense
tigerhutch
Rookie

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion