Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby OnSong » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:26 am

GIDDY UP! wrote:I see Virginia have kicked off their preseason already having train last night in the heat and with good numbers. Good move or bad move? I say that in away of will they run out of buff come second half of the year or the move of start a preseason this early might finally get them over the line and take home the chocolates?

Balaklava had a run too. 22 out there which was a good turnout for November.

Starting preseason in January is fine, as is starting in November. Running out of puff shouldn't be an issue as if you're fit, you're fit. Simple as that.

I reckon Two Wells started in November before the 2012 premiership, whereas I've been at clubs that have started training in November and finished bottom.

Balaklava has started mainly to give the new coach a look at the players the club has, what area certain players can improve, and also put in early structures regarding to game styles etc.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 538 times
Been liked: 559 times

Postby Swamp Donkey » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:05 pm

Ever since I can remember, Mallala have had 2 relatively light runs before Christmas and then cranked up again in late January.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Ace of Spades » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:15 pm

Johnno Brice to Padthaway an their facebook post last night along with a number of big recruits. Glad I wont have to chase him around next year
Ace of Spades
Reserves

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 30 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby OnSong » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:22 pm

Ace of Spades wrote:Johnno Brice to Padthaway an their facebook post last night along with a number of big recruits. Glad I wont have to chase him around next year

Gone down there working as a teacher. Not sure if he has signed anything yet as his missus will be playing netball at Balaklava still. Tough ask to get back from the South East every weekend though
OnSong
Coach

Postby OnSong » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:21 am

Liam Whitwell approached to coach the Deniliquin Rams next year. Big decision coming up.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Freaky Tah » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:08 am

Any news on points allocation for next year??
When it comes to winning you need the skill and the will
Freaky Tah
Under 16s

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Loxton

Postby roodog » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:36 pm

Kirk Heberle is obviously drawing on his past Gawler Central connections. Joel Oxenham looks a certain signing and a couple of other very good young ex Central players are in the mix. Oxenham is a pacy outside player who was playing A grade at (I think) 16 years of age. Hamley seem to be taking the youth line this season
"That which does not defeat you can only make you stronger"
roodog
Under 16s

Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Swamp Donkey » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:31 pm

roodog wrote:Kirk Heberle is obviously drawing on his past Gawler Central connections. Joel Oxenham looks a certain signing and a couple of other very good young ex Central players are in the mix. Oxenham is a pacy outside player who was playing A grade at (I think) 16 years of age. Hamley seem to be taking the youth line this season

Is that the same Joel Oxenham that played 15 games in the B grade in 2013?
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Postby magpieeagle » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:14 pm

OnSong wrote:Liam Whitwell approached to coach the Deniliquin Rams next year. Big decision coming up.

What the hell have you been smoking!!!!
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby roodog » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:15 pm

Yep Swamp. Joel played quite a few A grade games prior to last season, but couldn't break into the heavily loaded side Gawler Central had in the season past. Might be one of a number of young blokes with a little bit of CDFC experience going to the Bombers. Throw them in with Zanandrea, L Norman, R. Darwin, Collings, Wedding and Henneker, and there's the basis for a regeneration at Hamley (if they can keep them all of course)
roodog
Under 16s

Postby Swamp Donkey » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:39 pm

roodog wrote:Yep Swamp. Joel played quite a few A grade games prior to last season, but couldn't break into the heavily loaded side Gawler Central had in the season past. Might be one of a number of young blokes with a little bit of CDFC experience going to the Bombers. Throw them in with Zanandrea, L Norman, R. Darwin, Collings, Wedding and Henneker, and there's the basis for a regeneration at Hamley (if they can keep them all of course)

Seems a much more logical way forward than the one they've taken in the past. Is Zanandrea playing on?? I heard he is sniffing around for $$ with Goodie in the SE.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Postby jakovasaurus » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:56 pm

Zanandrea to the Crows reserves side.
jakovasaurus
Under 18s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 130 times

Postby magpieeagle » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:15 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
roodog wrote:Yep Swamp. Joel played quite a few A grade games prior to last season, but couldn't break into the heavily loaded side Gawler Central had in the season past. Might be one of a number of young blokes with a little bit of CDFC experience going to the Bombers. Throw them in with Zanandrea, L Norman, R. Darwin, Collings, Wedding and Henneker, and there's the basis for a regeneration at Hamley (if they can keep them all of course)

Seems a much more logical way forward than the one they've taken in the past. Is Zanandrea playing on?? I heard he is sniffing around for $$ with Goodie in the SE.

Is in the SE with goodie.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby magpieeagle » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:16 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:

magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby magpieeagle » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:19 pm

BLG draw is out already, would it be that hard to have the APFL draw done, would help in planning holidays etc, then again I forget what our association is like!
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby OnSong » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:40 pm

magpieeagle wrote:BLG draw is out already, would it be that hard to have the APFL draw done, would help in planning holidays etc, then again I forget what our association is like!

Should really find out for sure but I'd say there would be a draft version getting around by now?
OnSong
Coach

Postby Swamp Donkey » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:36 pm

Has there been any changes to leagues board for next season? I recall that Buschy was pretty keen to move at times last year. If only there was someone to take over.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Postby magpieeagle » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:40 pm

OnSong wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:BLG draw is out already, would it be that hard to have the APFL draw done, would help in planning holidays etc, then again I forget what our association is like!

Should really find out for sure but I'd say there would be a draft version getting around by now?

I see they have a double header on Anzac day,is Mallala still going forward with Anzac day game or was that someone else throwing the idea around?
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby roodog » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:08 pm

magpieeagle wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:

Sorry magpie, the news at the Hamley Bridge Hotel is that he's training with Hamley already.
roodog
Under 16s

Postby Champ » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:41 pm

Haseldine to Moonta
Faulkner to mines
Champ
Under 18s

Has liked: 51 times