NBA

Re: NBA

Postby valleys07 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:13 pm

Jim05 wrote:Not sure what I think about Derrick Rose coming to the Knicks, was a genuine star when fit but worried that we are going to be stuck with a cripple.

Chicago's first pick in today's draft, Denzel Valentine, comes with reported knee issues from what I have read. Makes that an interesting selection in the wake of Rose's departure.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 769 times
Been liked: 1173 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Grahaml » Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:18 am

valleys07 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Not sure what I think about Derrick Rose coming to the Knicks, was a genuine star when fit but worried that we are going to be stuck with a cripple.

Chicago's first pick in today's draft, Denzel Valentine, comes with reported knee issues from what I have read. Makes that an interesting selection in the wake of Rose's departure.

Rose is heading to NY to be a sidekick to Anthony. The different dynamic with him as opposed to Butler makes it a trade worth doing IMHO. If he can start beinga threat again then Anthony will love the space and you can start to stretch the floor a bit off that. Not the final piece for NY, but a more than handy one.

Pick 14 is in the "take a risk" zone. Wouldn't be smart to alter your thinking on a bloke because someone else happened to struggle with a similar injury. He's either the best option there or he's not.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby mighty hounds » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:48 am

Grahaml wrote:
valleys07 wrote:

Rose is heading to NY to be a sidekick to Anthony. The different dynamic with him as opposed to Butler makes it a trade worth doing IMHO. If he can start beinga threat again then Anthony will love the space and you can start to stretch the floor a bit off that. Not the final piece for NY, but a more than handy one.

Pick 14 is in the "take a risk" zone. Wouldn't be smart to alter your thinking on a bloke because someone else happened to struggle with a similar injury. He's either the best option there or he's not.

I was angry at first over this trade but then as the day wore on it made sense. Rose and butler clearly couldn't work together. Butler with Rose Avg only 17 ppg while w/o he avg 27.7 ppg. Rose has never been the same since his injuries.

In regards to the Bulls picking Valentine it sounded like he was always going to be their pick if he was still available. According to Valentine he said he's not sure where knee rumours came from, he maintains he's knee is fine. guess time will tell.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby Gozu » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:17 pm

The Rose trade seems like a good trade for both teams. Supposedly in Chicago Rose & Noah brought up Butler like a little brother and when he finally became the alpha dog they both still treated him as the little brother and not the main man which obviously caused tensions. It sounds like Gasol & Noah are both leaving the Bulls so they bring in Robin Lopez to replace some of that size and the Knicks get a year rental out of Rose in the last year of his contract to see if he's worth keeping beyond next season, if not they've freed up the cap space from the contract of Lopez.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 663 times

Postby Jim05 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:22 pm

Gozu wrote:The Rose trade seems like a good trade for both teams. Supposedly in Chicago Rose & Noah brought up Butler like a little brother and when he finally became the alpha dog they both still treated him as the little brother and not the main man which obviously caused tensions. It sounds like Gasol & Noah are both leaving the Bulls so they bring in Robin Lopez to replace some of that size and the Knicks get a year rental out of Rose in the last year of his contract to see if he's worth keeping beyond next season, if not they've freed up the cap space from the contract of Lopez.

Rose has stated he will get Noah to the Knicks
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1128 times
Been liked: 3654 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby king neptune » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:38 pm

Big surprise with Thon Maker going at #10. I wonder if there's anything in these rumors that he's really 21-23 and not 19? Very interested to see how he goes regardless.

Hopefully Cam Bairstow is kept by the Detroit Pistons where he got traded to a few days ago. Would be fantastic to have 9 Aussies in the NBA next season.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER
king neptune
Rookie

Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Kilburn

Postby heater31 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:44 pm

king neptune wrote:Big surprise with Thon Maker going at #10. I wonder if there's anything in these rumors that he's really 21-23 and not 19? Very interested to see how he goes regardless.

Hopefully Cam Bairstow is kept by the Detroit Pistons where he got traded to a few days ago. Would be fantastic to have 9 Aussies in the NBA next season.

Possible that the age rumours started by someone connected to the Bucks?
heater31

Has liked: 526 times
Been liked: 1273 times

Postby Jim05 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:55 pm

Amazing to think that Melbourne becomes the second ranked city for supplying number 1 picks, only just behind Chicago
Jim05
Coach

Postby Gozu » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:41 pm

Matthew Dellavedova has agreed to an offer with Milwaukee for 4 years $38.4 million!

The offer sheet can be signed July 7 and the Cavs would then have 3 days to match it or not but aren't expected to.

http://www.espn.com.au/nba/story/_/id/1 ... ffer-sheet

Delly throwing lobs to Maker next season at the Bucks.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Been liked: 663 times

Postby Jim05 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:04 pm

Some serious coin wasted over the last few days.
Jim05
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:42 am

And the insane spending continues.
Deng to the Lakers 4 years $72m and Noah the same deal to the Knicks
Jim05
Coach

Postby BZB27 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:16 pm

They have to though coz they have to reach 90 percent of the cap and the cap hasnt risen to 100mil pretty much and next year to 110mil.

Wonder with Horford going to Boston will sway KD to go there also now.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Jim05 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:55 am

KD off to the Dubs on a 2 year deal.
Just give them the title now and save everyone else the trouble
Jim05
Coach

Postby jakovasaurus » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:56 am

Durant to the Dubs.

Only injuries will stop them now.
jakovasaurus
Under 18s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 130 times

Postby beef » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:06 am

Weak move, Lebron to the heat all over again.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 257 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:32 am

beef wrote:Weak move, Lebron to the heat all over again.

Winning is all that matters, great move for him.
Jim05
Coach

Postby king neptune » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:37 am

Total coward move. Worse than the LeBron Miami team up by a huge margin.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER
king neptune
Rookie

Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Kilburn

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:50 am

They will average almost 150 points a game!!!! What a line-up. Although they are w/o a centre atm.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:41 am

king neptune wrote:Total coward move. Worse than the LeBron Miami team up by a huge margin.

I just don't get that mentality with the NBA. If a Ablett, Hurley, Fyfe etc moved to the Hawks at seasons end they would be lauded for trying to win a flag. A guy like KD who is chasing a crown does it and he is a soft coward[emoji47]
Jim05
Coach

Postby beef » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:05 am

Jim05 wrote:
king neptune wrote:Total coward move. Worse than the LeBron Miami team up by a huge margin.

I just don't get that mentality with the NBA. If a Ablett, Hurley, Fyfe etc moved to the Hawks at seasons end they would be lauded for trying to win a flag. A guy like KD who is chasing a crown does it and he is a soft coward[emoji47]

Suppose Jordan could've joined detroit years ago when he couldnt beat them. Malone Barkley etc arent any lesser players because they never won a championship. Get more respect from fans if you build the team and win instead of jumping ship and joining with others
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 257 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports  Basketball