NBA

Re: NBA

Postby Grahaml » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:39 pm

Golden State and Atlanta just keep looking the sides to beat. I've been waiting for them both to cool off but if anything they're heating up. Outside those 2 standouts I think both conferences are going to tighten right up. OKC are 3 games behind #8 but it's just impossible to see them missing with Durant and Westbrook out there. Even just 1 of those guys would probably get them into the playoffs IMHO. But Phoenix, the #8 side are a pretty darn good outfit themselves so who the heck drops out? San Antonio and the Clippers are #7 and #6 and both are pretty strong looking sides with pretty significant leads over OKC. If Phoenix, as I think, miss out then they would be one of the strongest side to have ever missed the playoff boat. Come that last fortnight I reckon you might be seeing positions 2-10 changing daily with the Warriors sitting pretty watching the carnage and then being thrown into a tough, tough round 1 matchup.

The East, as usual, doesn't quite look as fiercely fought. Despite a lot of those sides seemingly improving in the off season and the major losers in Miami appearing to have not lost out as badly as predicted, the East looks even more pathetic than it did last year. At least this time last season Indiana and Miami were seen by many as the best 2 sides in the comp. Washington sit #2 and if they were in the East I reckon they miss. Cleveland had LeBron missing a big chunk and threw together a bunch of blokes who would have had very little history together. Even less than LeBron's last "big 3" endeavour. Yet they look if anything the second best side in the conference. That just 10 days or so from having a sub .500 record. Chicago should be better than they are. The blokes they have in place, they should be right up there with Atlanta but they might even miss out on home court if Cleveland keep up their recent form. Especially if the talk or Ray Allen to Cleveland eventuates. Seems a shame that 1 darn good side from the West will miss and 3 rather ordinary ones from the East will make it. Could be a long wait for the East champions before game 1 of the finals.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby Hazbeen » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:12 pm

Had $10 on the Celtics @ $21 to best the Warriors and they went down by 3....agh!!
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 123 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby king neptune » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:35 pm

Great to see Joe Ingles and Dante Exum as the starting back court for the Jazz. Both had career best games recently.

NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER
king neptune
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Kilburn

Postby BZB27 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:50 pm

Kyrie Irving just dropped a NBA season high 55 points against the TrailBlazers as they win there 8th straight and Lebron didnt play because of a bad wrist. Irving also set a francishe record by dropping 11 3's.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby BZB27 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:45 pm

The Hawks beat the Trail Blazers to win there 18th straight game.

What an amazing run by a team that really didnt have a superstar in it.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Postby BZB27 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:58 pm

One of the worst games you will ever see on espn was the mavs heat game. Both teams couldnt buy a bucket in the first half then miami was up by 14 points then the mavs went on a 21-0 run and the heat scored only 10 points in the last qtr. The only postive for the Heat was Whiteside had 14 rebounds in the first qtr to have a francishe record. He ended up with 24 rebounds and he is playing limited minutes.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Postby BZB27 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:33 pm

Atlanta tie there longest winning streak with 19 straight now.

Cleveland have now won 10 in a row aswell and are only a game behind Chicago for 4th spot in the East.
LeBron has been unstopable since have two weeks off.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Postby Grahaml » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:44 pm

With the way the results are looking likely to fall today, Cleveland will be 3.5 games behind Toronto for the #2 seed slot. Would be a brave person to bet against Cleveland making that up.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Postby BZB27 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:39 pm

Cleveland make it 12 in a row by beating the Clips today and with the Hornets beating the Wizards now pushes Cleveland into 3rd in the East.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Postby Grahaml » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:23 pm

Yep. Toronto, Chicago and Washington all dropping games lately and the Cavs just keep winning. Today's win was super emphatic without Irving even doing a lot. Love out of his shooting slump, J.R. Smith giving some nice shooting since he arrived and the Mozgov/Thompson tandem gives them some good value.

Seems Ray Allen will decide what he's doing after the all star break. If he picks the Cavs then I think that's another plus. Not sure he'd add a lot to Atlanta with their already impressive array of shooters. Would be bad news for Mike Miller, he'd probably find his minutes going straight to Allen. Would be a little fun to see if they tried a lineup of Allen, Smith, Miller, James and Love though. Undersized defensively at most positions so you couldn't maintain it for long (or at all against some sides) but you'd have to show everyone some serious respect.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Postby Grahaml » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:35 am

Amar'e evidently having his contract with NY being bought up. Phil is really clearing the decks over there, dishing out most of his assets and not really bothering to get any. Seems a real genuine platform for a full rebuild through free agency or the draft. Which one might depend entirely on whether Carmelo sticks around. Pick up a couple of top level players, put solid role players who can defend in the mix and the top can be not far away. Miami did that only a few years ago so it's far from impossible. If they go through the draft though it could be a long, linely time. If they went that route and it paid off then it would really cement Phil's standing in the game but if not he might just be remembered for this as much as his championship years.

As for Stoudamire himself, reports are of him going to Dallas, San Antonio of Golden State. A Dallas side with Dirk, Monta and Amar'e might put up a lot of points but they'd probably need to. San Antonio feels like an odd fit to me. Golden State would be very interesting. Bogut a top notch defensive centre comes off and suddenly replaced by an offense first big man would really shift the focus for opposition teams and would give Steve Kerr a simple way to change gears in a game. Be a real case of the rich getting richer, but this feels like the best fit to me. Just depends on how much Amar'e really has left in the tank.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Postby Jim05 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:08 am

Grahaml wrote:Amar'e evidently having his contract with NY being bought up. Phil is really clearing the decks over there, dishing out most of his assets and not really bothering to get any. Seems a real genuine platform for a full rebuild through free agency or the draft. Which one might depend entirely on whether Carmelo sticks around. Pick up a couple of top level players, put solid role players who can defend in the mix and the top can be not far away. Miami did that only a few years ago so it's far from impossible. If they go through the draft though it could be a long, linely time. If they went that route and it paid off then it would really cement Phil's standing in the game but if not he might just be remembered for this as much as his championship years.

As for Stoudamire himself, reports are of him going to Dallas, San Antonio of Golden State. A Dallas side with Dirk, Monta and Amar'e might put up a lot of points but they'd probably need to. San Antonio feels like an odd fit to me. Golden State would be very interesting. Bogut a top notch defensive centre comes off and suddenly replaced by an offense first big man would really shift the focus for opposition teams and would give Steve Kerr a simple way to change gears in a game. Be a real case of the rich getting richer, but this feels like the best fit to me. Just depends on how much Amar'e really has left in the tank.

Was always on the cards, unfortunately the Amare era didnt achieve the ultimate goal and his body just couldnt hold up.
Credit to him for doing the hard yards multiple times in regards to injury rehab, whatever he does im sure everyone in NY wishes him well. Now that the AS game is done its time to put Melo on ice and tank our way to the end of season
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3571 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Jim05 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:08 am

Amare signs with the Mavs, good luck big fella.
No surprise that Melo booked in for knee surgery and will midd the rest of the season.
Looking like Dragic is leaving the Suns, trying to force a trade
Jim05
Coach

Postby jakovasaurus » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:41 am

Hopefully Amare can stay healthy and be the guy we need him to be off the bench, after Wright was traded.

Could be huge for us, could be a huge bust. Fingers crossed.

Suns should never have signed Thomas. Ruined that backcourt chemistry they had going last season. Oh wells.
jakovasaurus
Under 18s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 130 times

Postby king neptune » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:33 pm

I'm still surprised the biggest front-runner in NBA history would take on a shambles of a team like the Knicks. That piece of crap James Dolan must have thrown a ton of cash at him.

If Phil Jackson stays true to form he'll walk away at the end of the season if the Knicks don't get the #1 pick. Then come straight back the next year if they do get the #1 pick lol
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER
king neptune
Rookie

NBA

Postby Jim05 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:04 pm

king neptune wrote:I'm still surprised the biggest front-runner in NBA history would take on a shambles of a team like the Knicks. That piece of crap James Dolan must have thrown a ton of cash at him.

If Phil Jackson stays true to form he'll walk away at the end of the season if the Knicks don't get the #1 pick. Then come straight back the next year if they do get the #1 pick lol

Phil has always said one day he would come home to the Knicks.
I admire him for doing so in our current state and I believe he has even underestimated the job ahead. I hope he is in for the long haul but reckon Dolan will piss him off that much that he will be gone sooner than later
Jim05
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:09 pm

Sad to hear of the passing of James "No Mercy" Kersey at the age of 52, only seems like yesterday he was winning the Championship at Spurs. Who can forget that magical Blazers side of the early 90's he was part of either
Jim05
Coach

Postby king neptune » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:39 am

Jim05 wrote:
king neptune wrote:I'm still surprised the biggest front-runner in NBA history would take on a shambles of a team like the Knicks. That piece of crap James Dolan must have thrown a ton of cash at him.

Phil has always said one day he would come home to the Knicks.
I admire him for doing so in our current state and I believe he has even underestimated the job ahead. I hope he is in for the long haul but reckon Dolan will piss him off that much that he will be gone sooner than later

If he does transform the Knicks into anything at all resembling a contender it will be easily the most impressive off-court feat he's ever been a part of. Far more difficult than sitting back and watching Jordan add championships to his resume.

I think all Knicks fans should send Dolan an e-mail congratulating him on the fine job he's done, he responds very well to that!
king neptune
Rookie

Postby the milky bar kid » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:44 am

KG comes back home!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby BZB27 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:54 am

I have never seen so many trades i one day before.

To MIL: Michael Carter-Williams, Tyler Ennis, Miles Plumlee
To PHI: LAL pick (protected)
To PHX: Brandon Knight

To BOS: Isaiah Thomas
To PHX: Marcus Thornton, CLE pick

To DET: Reggie Jackson
To OKC: D.J. Augustin, Enes Kanter, Steve Novak, Kyle Singler
To UTA: Grant Jerrett, Kendrick Perkins, OKC round pick (protected), 2nd round pick

To BOS: Luigi Datome, Jonas Jerebko
To DET: Tayshaun Prince

To HOU: Pablo Prigioni
To NYK: Alexey Shved, 2 2nd round picks

To HOU: K.J. McDaniels
To PHI: Isaiah Canaan, 2nd round pick

To MIA: Goran Dragic, Zoran Dragic
To NOP: Norris Cole, Shawne Williams
To PHX: Danny Granger, Justin Hamilton, John Salmons, 2 1st round picks

To DEN:
To PHI: JaVale McGee, OKC pick (protected)

To BKN: Thaddeus Young
To MIN: Kevin Garnett

To SAC: Andre Miller
To WAS: Ramon Sessions

To DEN: Will Barton, Victor Claver, Thomas Robinson, POR pick (protected), 2nd round pick
To POR: Arron Afflalo, Alonzo Gee
BZB27
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports  Basketball