US Masters 2017

Re: US Masters 2017

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:20 pm

Yes he does have a lower combined score over the last few years and what return has that yielded??

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3581 times

Postby JK » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:05 pm

Speith very capable of winning a Masters I reckon - They're obviously not easy to win with so many great players always contending, so whether he does or not only time can tell, but he has all the tools.

Night before I heard him interviewed about his plan for the final round, and I was concerned straight away. Pretty much said he was going to be aggressive from the get go, so his attitude today was premeditated. Think he needed to bed himself in first, almost like a batsmen, and then open the shoulders a bit. He'll continue to be thereabouts for a number of years imho.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:18 pm

Speith thought by attacking, getting birdies early would put pressure on those above. It was an all or nothing ploy.

I can't see Speith winning a Master's in the next decade. Yes he has time on his side, but he is still scarred.
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:46 pm

JK wrote:Speith very capable of winning a Masters I reckon - They're obviously not easy to win with so many great players always contending, so whether he does or not only time can tell, but he has all the tools.

Night before I heard him interviewed about his plan for the final round, and I was concerned straight away. Pretty much said he was going to be aggressive from the get go, so his attitude today was premeditated. Think he needed to bed himself in first, almost like a batsmen, and then open the shoulders a bit. He'll continue to be thereabouts for a number of years imho.

high risk, but as we saw from serg and rose, he as going to have to shoot well into the 60s to have a chance.

he could have played it safe for a top 5 finish but he didnt want to do that. reckon that deserves credit
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby JK » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:52 pm

bennymacca wrote:
JK wrote:Speith very capable of winning a Masters I reckon - They're obviously not easy to win with so many great players always contending, so whether he does or not only time can tell, but he has all the tools.

high risk, but as we saw from serg and rose, he as going to have to shoot well into the 60s to have a chance.

he could have played it safe for a top 5 finish but he didnt want to do that. reckon that deserves credit

Yes and no, I don't think it's as simple as that .. both leaders had their nervy moments and were always going to, imagine how much more pressure had Speith gone -2 or -3 over the first 9 and was up their clacker. Didn't need to be aggressive to do that either, normal game could have done it because he's quality.

I think anyone below -3 heading into the final round probably had to gun it right off the bat, but didn't think JS did.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby jakovasaurus » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:02 pm

Winning two years ago probably suggests he's capable of winning again.

Not like he's going away any time soon at 23 years of age.
jakovasaurus
Under 18s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 130 times

Postby JK » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:04 pm

jakovasaurus wrote:Winning two years ago probably suggests he's capable of winning again.

Not like he's going away any time soon at 23 years of age.

Worth remembering too that he had one absolute howler of a hole on day 1 with a plus 4. If he goes say +1, he heads In to the last round in outright 1st. (I know the whole "If my Aunty had balls" thing, but just highlighting that one hole aside he was pretty much the best performer for 3 days)
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:45 pm

If i could hit my driver like Norman and my irons like Ballesteros and putt like bobby Jones I'd be champion of the world, but instead I'm an earthmover....
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports  Golf