Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:17 pm

No singing in the rain then?
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11855 times
Been liked: 3602 times

Postby Corona Man » Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:47 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:No singing in the rain then?

No. Swearing in the rain, a considerable amount.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1279 times
Been liked: 3488 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:00 pm

2nd Round Club Champs

Top 4 go through in B grade

Started 5 shots back in 11th spot.

Off the 10th.

The driver worked quite well all day, only blemish was 16th a push slice into trees but recovered for a 5.

Onto the back 9 was going along at bogey golf, happy with that

Then the 7th

:roll:

Stood up there with 6i and was never comfortable
Duffed it into water.
Take the drop and end left of the path and bunker.
3 options
The glory flop from the shit lie over bunker or punch out sideways in either direction
I punched out to the left, hit exactly where I wanted and it kept rolling thru green into bunker... downhill lie and managed to get out but again thru the green to the front.... 7

41 and 48 for 89
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:51 pm

Wirrina

Cracking morning, although driving through Myponga the temperature plummeted 5°c

Shotgun start

Par 4 - 14th to kick the day off
Driver and lucky to make contact..... get to it, hit 2nd shot trying to get back out onto fairway and played pinball with a tree.
Bout to pick up and realise it's stroke... ffs... gonna be a long day.. and wrote the round off with a 7.

Course is in good condition
Greens recently aerated but didn't really impact putting... I'd like to say it did...
Anyway, we fight back like all good players do, still missed a few putts
Got the driver working successfully on the 3rd attempt from the tee.
Only a Par 70 with some short par 4s.
Couple blind shots, especially when unfamiliar with the course
Ended up with an 83 which shocked me a tad
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Spargo » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:43 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Wirrina

Cracking morning, although driving through Myponga the temperature plummeted 5°c

Shotgun start

Par 4 - 14th to kick the day off
Driver and lucky to make contact..... get to it, hit 2nd shot trying to get back out onto fairway and played pinball with a tree.
Bout to pick up and realise it's stroke... ffs... gonna be a long day.. and wrote the round off with a 7.

Course is in good condition
Greens recently aerated but didn't really impact putting... I'd like to say it did...
Anyway, we fight back like all good players do, still missed a few putts
Got the driver working successfully on the 3rd attempt from the tee.
Only a Par 70 with some short par 4s.
Couple blind shots, especially when unfamiliar with the course
Ended up with an 83 which shocked me a tad

Always rated Wirrina, great lay out Imo.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5488 times
Been liked: 5126 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:58 am

Grudge match review?
Or has that been overlooked due to the result....
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:02 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Grudge match review?
Or has that been overlooked due to the result....

No mate.... I've been crook as a dog since Saturday arvo. Shocking head cold, and bronchitis. Just out of bed for the first time this morning.

Hidden Valley. Course presented in excellent condition. We were off at 10.30am, they did have senior pennant comp on earlier in the morning. We basically had the front 9 to ourselves. Hit a bit of traffic on the back nine, but nothing to cause any issue.

The lad wanted to hit bucket of balls to warm up. We shared them, I probably hit 25, he hit the remaining 50.

I invited him to open proceedings on the first hole, and having pretty well smashed driver on the range, he duck hooks it into the junk. Lost ball on the first! I popped one out right a bit. I make bogey, he makes double. I am 1 up after the first! I stone cold top my drive off the 2nd, much to the mirth of Junior. I then top, or stuff the next 2 as well, take a 9 on the par 5, and we are back to square. The 3rd hole halved in bogies.

The 4th is a nice little par 3, 145M slightly downhill to a large green. bunkers right. Junior is away, sticks it pin high right, avoiding the bunker but on edge of the green. I hit mine with a little pull. Pin high left. Get down to the green I am am looking to repair my pitch mark. Can't find it, what the..... then I can see I have landed on the replaced hole (yesterdays pin) bang in the centre. I claim its a hole in one. Just one day late! We halve in pars.

Junior makes par on the 5th, to my double to take the lead. We both stuff the 6th with doubles.

The 7th hole is a 295M slight uphill Par 4. Junior crunches it, 15M short of green. I drag left off the tee, under trees. His par, beats my bogey.

8th hole is a 523M par 5.... that's from the white tees (It would have to be 540-550 from the Blues).... I have a horrow show - 2 rocks in the drink. Junior doubles but that 3 shots better than me.

9th hole - Par 3 120M water carry. I miss the green right, he sticks it on. He pars, I bogey. He is 4 up. I'm in all sorts. As he will miss his cricket clubs preso night while in Melbourne, he records a message to be played Sat night (he won the club champ award) on the 9th tee.....

10th hole, par 5 - halved in bogeys. I had him too, he blew his second shot way right, but recovered.

11th hole, 317M downhill par 4. I hit a decent drive, he blows it 50 M past mine. I hit the green, he misses (hah). My birdie putt lips out... he bogies I get 1 back.

12th hole, 444M par 5. I remember this hole from last time, I am not going for it in 2. It really narrows around the green, and it guarded by some bloody deep bunkers. Junior in a bit of trouble left. I am just short for 3. I chip up, and take a piece of the hole (another birdie missed). My par to his double - I am on a comeback.......As you leave the 12th green there is a sign "Amen Corner"..... we are about to enter the toughest stretch of holes on the course.

13th hole. 359 Par 4 - Water Carry, bite off as much as you like. Junior bites of a fair chunk, ball is dry. I find the water comfortably... really comfortably, missed land by 50 M. His double beats my quadruple.

14th, lovely par 4, water left and short of the green. He find water, but hits a great second (third) shot, we halve in bogeys.

15th 495M par 5 - Double water carry. This hole has got me both times. Junior makes a good Par here. My 8 is unsurprising.

16th Straight forward Par 3. Junior hits green & 3 putts. I am coming home in an ambulance by this stage, double bogey.

17th - 385M Par 4. We both hit good drives, mine is 250, he has me covered by 40. I miss green left, he misses green right. Hole halved in bogeys.

18th - 128M Par 3. Island Green. Playing into a slight head wind. Junior drowns his first ball, Junior drowns his second ball, eventually finds dry land (bunker). I pull off tee, but somehow find the island. The island is mainly green, bunkers left, centre short & right. Also on the left a few small palms. I am in them, dead. I make 5, to his 8. Junior wins the day comfortably. Who'd of thought the young athlete, would beat the fat old drunk!

All in all, not particularly great golf by either of us, but we had a great day. Junior says best course he has ever played. It's in my top 15 or so. Adjourned for a bevvie and a late lunch. Said it before on here, if you come to Melbourne, try to get onto Hidden Valley, its worth a look.

I am playing Cape Schank this Sunday, so long as this head cold clears up some time soon.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:35 pm

Hopefully a speedy recovery so you can tear the course up sunday
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby carey » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:48 pm

Par this morning 79 off the bat for -3

Feel like my game is going backwards as a result of not playing much of late and my handicap is reflecting this.

:(
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Corona Man » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:10 pm

carey wrote:Par this morning 79 off the bat for -3

Feel like my game is going backwards as a result of not playing much of late and my handicap is reflecting this.

:(

I’d take 99 at the minute. :lol:
Corona Man
Coach

Postby carey » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:46 pm

Went out to play a quick 9 today as I wasn't happy how I hit them yesterday.

Course was bloody busy! I Get to the first tee 3 blokes waiting for a forth to pay, Hey Dutch you can go through if you like? No idea who it was, it turns out I use to play footy with him I reluctantly accept to go as I hadn’t had a swing in the practice net before going off which I like doing, any way I get up on the tee only to see the green keeper up next to the green I’m thinking F**k me what’s going on.

Anyway with a fair few eyes on me, 5iron pin 165m meters bounced 6ft short, then a second bounce bang hits the pin and drops my second ever hole in hole!

Swaggered off the tee like Mick Jagger just giving out high 5’s

Get up to the green and the super says ‘Nice ball’ No shit mate it’s in the hole! Lol :D
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Spargo » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:00 pm

carey wrote:Went out to play a quick 9 today as I wasn't happy how I hit them yesterday.

Course was bloody busy! I Get to the first tee 3 blokes waiting for a forth to pay, Hey Dutch you can go through if you like? No idea who it was, it turns out I use to play footy with him I reluctantly accept to go as I hadn’t had a swing in the practice net before going off which I like doing, any way I get up on the tee only to see the green keeper up next to the green I’m thinking F**k me what’s going on.

Anyway with a fair few eyes on me, 5iron pin 165m meters bounced 6ft short, then a second bounce bang hits the pin and drops my second ever hole in hole!

Get up to the green and the super says ‘Nice ball’ No shit mate it’s in the hole! Lol :D

Ha ha, nice work mate.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5488 times
Been liked: 5126 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:34 pm

carey wrote:Went out to play a quick 9 today as I wasn't happy how I hit them yesterday.

Well played Mick :lol:
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:43 pm

haha nice one, good to see you get one on a hole >100m :lol: ;)
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2327 times
Been liked: 3513 times

Postby Jase » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:25 am

The yearly round at Tea Tree Gully tomorrow...

Will be interesting. The Head of Senior School here at work has put together a golf club for some of the staff and I missed the first round, so looking forward to tomorrow. He has set it up with a bit of a nod to the FedEx Cup.

There are 6 stableford rounds and your top 3 scores go towards you place in the finals. Depending on your ranking you get bonus points and then after the 2 round finals, the winner is crowned.

This will allow me to play more than once a year. Happy days... :lol:
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1480 times
Been liked: 552 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:35 pm

Jase wrote:The yearly round at Tea Tree Gully tomorrow...

Will be interesting. The Head of Senior School here at work has put together a golf club for some of the staff and I missed the first round, so looking forward to tomorrow. He has set it up with a bit of a nod to the FedEx Cup.

There are 6 stableford rounds and your top 3 scores go towards you place in the finals. Depending on your ranking you get bonus points and then after the 2 round finals, the winner is crowned.

A nod to the Fed Ex Cup? So a substantial financial windfall if you win? :lol:
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Jase » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:13 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Jase wrote:The yearly round at Tea Tree Gully tomorrow...

A nod to the Fed Ex Cup? So a substantial financial windfall if you win? :lol:

I think you win a hat...

:roll:
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1480 times
Been liked: 552 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:11 pm

Twilight Flaggy

Overall average but experimented with the new 7 wood and quite happy with its effort. Even managed a nice fade onto 8th with it.
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:31 pm

Flaggy

The weather doesn't get much better

Front 9 20pts and wiped the par 3 - 3rd. Tried to guide the 7 wood and got into all sorts.
Back 9 was very shaky.
3 points combined 10 and 11.
On the 12th pin high, just off green. Little gap wedge to land on green.... but the line was to narrow and it just didn't stop... 4 shots from 10m :roll:
13th caught the bunker. 1st bunker shot I hit quite well but hit the lip and back it came. Picked up.
10points on the back for 30 overall.
The new 7wood did its job for the most part.
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:06 am

Lovely morning for itImage

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports  Golf