Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Postby Corona Man » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:02 am

Cape Schanck

I will address the Elephant in the room straight up........ no I didn't have one.

Its a ******* long way from my place. 1Hr; 35Mins. In light traffic. 7.30 am tee time. Out of bed 4.30am Sunday, left home at 5.15am.

Opening few holes, gentle, even friendly. The first thing that strikes me is the size of the greens. They are massive. A couple of bogey's to start, should have made par out of one of them.

3rd hole - long par 3 to a massive 2 tiered green. One of the guys in my group has a rangefinder. Pin set on top tier, its 207 to the flag!
4th hole, another par 3 a bit more reasonable at 137 from the Blue markers.
5th hole 348M par 4. I find both fairway & green in reg for a par. 6th hole bogey. Not much to report on holes 7, 8 & 9.... not many points that's for sure. A few poor swings kreeping in though. So far hardly a breathe of wind. A few holes, the black championship tees are well behind where we are playing from. So it's not playing all that long. Typical resort type golf.

Things change on the back 9. Wind picks up & the course gets considerably harder. The par 4 - 15th hole, the #1 rated hole in particular. Hit off from an elevated tee (great ocean views, and of the National course next door), to a fairway sloping left to right. Then an uphill approach that has to be seen to believe it. What a hole. Only 318M but plays so much harder than that. The last 3 holes no scores recorded. I am hitting a few good shots, but by this stage cannot string 2 good, or even Ok shots together.

So while I take out the NAGA on the day, I still enjoyed the round, and hit a few decent shots along the way.

Just have to keep working on the game, it will come back.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1279 times
Been liked: 3488 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby carey » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:30 am

Saturday Stableford 32 points.

Tee to green was good, actually off the tee i was really good, but approach shots were just 'ok' but always just on the edges of greens hence having 34 putts, yep 34!

i've always said, I shouldn't be having more than 27 id like to think i can 1 putt 9 holes.

Keen as for LIV this week
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2810 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:54 am

Corona Man wrote:Cape Schanck

I will address the Elephant in the room straight up........ no I didn't have one.

Its a ******* long way from my place. 1Hr; 35Mins. In light traffic. 7.30 am tee time. Out of bed 4.30am Sunday, left home at 5.15am.

Opening few holes, gentle, even friendly. The first thing that strikes me is the size of the greens. They are massive. A couple of bogey's to start, should have made par out of one of them.

3rd hole - long par 3 to a massive 2 tiered green. One of the guys in my group has a rangefinder. Pin set on top tier, its 207 to the flag!
5th hole 348M par 4. I find both fairway & green in reg for a par. 6th hole bogey. Not much to report on holes 7, 8 & 9.... not many points that's for sure. A few poor swings kreeping in though. So far hardly a breathe of wind. A few holes, the black championship tees are well behind where we are playing from. So it's not playing all that long. Typical resort type golf.

Things change on the back 9. Wind picks up & the course gets considerably harder. The par 4 - 15th hole, the #1 rated hole in particular. Hit off from an elevated tee (great ocean views, and of the National course next door), to a fairway sloping left to right. Then an uphill approach that has to be seen to believe it. What a hole. Only 318M but plays so much harder than that. The last 3 holes no scores recorded. I am hitting a few good shots, but by this stage cannot string 2 good, or even Ok shots together.

So while I take out the NAGA on the day, I still enjoyed the round, and hit a few decent shots along the way.

Form is temporary, class is permanent
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11861 times
Been liked: 3605 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:57 am

Aston Hills yesterday

Golf was just fair.
Course is in really good nick.
Greens recovering from being cored probably few weeks back. And were quick yet some downhill putts somehow stopped :lol:
Highlight was hitting a nice drive on 17th. 55m down hill fairway lie. Pulled out new 7wood and run it down the hill only for it to lip out for a 2
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:10 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Cape Schanck

Form is temporary, class is permanent

Garbage appears to be permanent now.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1279 times
Been liked: 3488 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:59 pm

That's not the mindset of a champion ffs :lol: LIFT
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:58 pm

Flaggy this morning

weather was a little fresh, there was some slight precipitation early. the breeze wasnt too bad.

Off the first and a little push, base of a tree, but we scrambled out with a par. birdie chip lipped out.
2nd was another push and again had to just punch low. bogey.
4th was slightly disappointing just a fraction, just off green in 2. first putt off the green just didnt go.... 2nd putt went past ... :oops: and thankfully sunk the 3rd for par
5th - cracking drive, left with a little chip over the front 2 bunkers. bladed it. back of the green for 2, not the worst spot to be in for 2. off the mound had to chip onto green - thats a tick, but the ball wouldnt stop - almost went in, but the greens are quick and away it rollls - 6... :(

fairly consistent all day.
Driver after the first 2 holes was really solid.
putting was good for me - 34

the only downside - on 17 - hit a lovely soft 6i baby draw. we all thought it was safe, but must have run into the rubbish on the left for a wipe
38pts
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:56 pm

35pts this morning.

Driver was fairly solid again.
putting was it usual mediocre rubbish.
chipping around the greens was fairly good.
the 7wood was fairly handy again today. did top one but thats having the ball too far forward in my stance which is my bad habit.
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu May 02, 2024 8:40 pm

Twilight
Pretty ordinary
Driver - used it three times and had a slight hook on it.
Added the hybrid for 1st time in a long time and mixed results. But it may have a rest on Saturday as it's monthly medal.
7w was solid.
Putting was ok.
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports  Golf