Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby fisho mcspaz » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:38 pm

Spargo wrote:Your local hardware store sells "Charity collectors, salespersons & religious groups please don't knock" signs for the front door at under $10.

Brilliant. I'm getting one. Charity collectors s*** me too. I'm happy to donate money on the spot, but that's not what they want, they're after your bank details and a monthly direct debit. I lost my rag at Save the Children once, because they accused me in loud voices of not caring about, well, saving the children. I pointed out to them that they had in fact made MY son cry by accosting me and yelling at me when I refused to fill out their form. :roll:
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Pseudo » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:52 pm

fisho mcspaz wrote:Fantastic! :) I might ring up AGL and suggest they do the same, although seeing as it took them four phone calls and six months to disconnect the electricity from my old house (meanwhile connecting two different accounts in my name for the same house), it might take a while for them to understand the request.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=29972&p=2002222#p2002222
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby wristwatcher » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:55 pm

Not being able to walk through a mall without some form of sales. Promotion or marketing person trying to bail me up.

I understand it's their job But FFS if I am on my phone or even pretending to be on my phone whilst walking at pace then "No, you can't take a minute of my time complete stranger who wants me to buy or donate" :roll:
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 848 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:26 pm

wristwatcher wrote:Not being able to walk through a mall without some form of sales. Promotion or marketing person trying to bail me up.

I understand it's their job But FFS if I am on my phone or even pretending to be on my phone whilst walking at pace then "No, you can't take a minute of my time complete stranger who wants me to buy or donate" :roll:

It must work though - that's what I am surprised about.

Worst thing these days is that even the charities want to sign you up for a $50 a month plan. I would happily give them $5 but if you try to sign me up for something you can get stuffed
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby tipper » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:52 pm

bennymacca wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:Not being able to walk through a mall without some form of sales. Promotion or marketing person trying to bail me up.

Worst thing these days is that even the charities want to sign you up for a $50 a month plan. I would happily give them $5 but if you try to sign me up for something you can get stuffed

they seem to be expanding their territory too lately. i have to dodge them on grenfell st now when im on my way home. i dont even slow down anymore, and if they do try to talk i just give an excuse "sorry, have to pick the kids up from childcare" seems to work so far..
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby tipper » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:56 pm

fisho mcspaz wrote:
Booney wrote:
fisho mcspaz wrote:Tricksy Jehovah's Witnesses.

Two weeks ago the J-Hos came around. I was caught by surprise so I heard them out and took their brochure. They asked if I was ever home on a Wednesday so they could come back and talk to me. I said 'Not really - occasionally, I guess.' So today I get a knock on the door. I realise it's Wednesday and think nope, I'm not answering the door. Then I hear a small child's voice and immediately assume it's my best mate, because she sometimes drops around with her little boy. I go to the door and it's the J-Hos holding a baby. ](*,) That's ten minutes of my life I won't get back.

Me, I'm just flat out rude to them and couldn't care less.

I've even challenged one to come into my yard one Saturday while gardening. He came in, I said "Take one more step, I dare you, I DOUBLE DARE YOU!".

I left the mother **** bit off the end.... :lol:

That's the best approach. Being polite only encourages them. Mr McSpaz was polite to them once and they ended up writing him a two-page letter offering to send someone around to study the Bible with him. They offered to send a man if that would make him feel more comfortable. They intimated that he might go to hell if he didn't comply. After that incident we decided we would always tell them to f*** off. And we did, and it worked, but now they're on to it. They bring CHILDREN with them. Wearing suits, poor things. I can't swear at children. I'm just not going to answer the door on Wednesdays any more. I have every respect for one's religion, but I don't appreciate having it shoved down my throat. I don't go around to people's houses telling them 'I'm an atheist and atheism is the only real belief. If you don't agree then you'll vanish into the void. Here, let me explain to you what atheism is. You don't know what it is because only I know what it is.'

a while ago had some walking back up my driveway when i got home one weekend (curse my terrible timing, 2 minutes later i wouldnt have seen them at all....) they were a little offended with the short time i gave them to get out the way of the car (i may not have slowed down :twisted: ) and that "i nearly hit them". surprisingly i havent seen them back at my house as my response was to laugh and go inside
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:03 pm

Booney wrote:

Two weeks ago the J-Hos came around. I was caught by surprise so I heard them out and took their brochure. They asked if I was ever home on a Wednesday so they could come back and talk to me. I said 'Not really - occasionally, I guess.' So today I get a knock on the door. I realise it's Wednesday and think nope, I'm not answering the door. Then I hear a small child's voice and immediately assume it's my best mate, because she sometimes drops around with her little boy. I go to the door and it's the J-Hos holding a baby. ](*,) That's ten minutes of my life I won't get back.

I've even challenged one to come into my yard one Saturday while gardening. He came in, I said "Take one more step, I dare you, I DOUBLE DARE YOU!".

I just answer the door in my birthday suit.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby fisho mcspaz » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:17 pm

Pseudo wrote:
fisho mcspaz wrote:Fantastic! :) I might ring up AGL and suggest they do the same, although seeing as it took them four phone calls and six months to disconnect the electricity from my old house (meanwhile connecting two different accounts in my name for the same house), it might take a while for them to understand the request.

Ouch! :shock: AGL really are a pack of thunderc**ts, aren't they.
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:28 pm

fisho mcspaz wrote:
Pseudo wrote:

Ouch! :shock: AGL really are a pack of thunderc**ts, aren't they.

I love AGL, monthly bills, easy to get hold of, lined me up a new wall furnace within a few days and gave me a 12 month plan to pay it off.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Pag » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:37 pm

tipper wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

they seem to be expanding their territory too lately. i have to dodge them on grenfell st now when im on my way home. i dont even slow down anymore, and if they do try to talk i just give an excuse "sorry, have to pick the kids up from childcare" seems to work so far..

We're getting charities at the local shops at the end of my street in the last few weeks. I don't particularly mind, and when I come out of the butcher or bakery I'm happy to give them my change. But the one last week wanted me to buy a pin for $10, I had exactly $2.60 in my pocket to hand over but they said they couldn't take a donation, I would have to cough up $10 to buy a pin.

They ended up with nothing.
Last edited by Pag on Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:53 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

I just answer the door in my birthday suit.

Hope you iron it first
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Columbo » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:48 pm

I enjoy short sharp conversations with the ones that jump out in front of me and say "hey sir! Can I as you a quick question"?
By responding with, "you just did" and keeping on strolling, it seems to throw them for a second and gives me a chance to get away :lol:

One thing that I have noticed recently is a fairly well known local charity, who I'm certain do great things with the funding they get, have started to appear in the city and shopping centres collecting. What sh1ts me is that the people doing the collecting look like they are bored to tears (no doubt it would be) but I highly doubt they would give the time of day to the people they are collecting for, just looks bad for the charity IMHO. Maybe I'm just getting old and judgemental!

While I have the floor, I'll also add Warnies cricket commentary is Sh1tting me at the moment too, especially the Jaffa and Cherry comments to describe the good deliveries.
Trust the process.
Columbo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 29 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:06 pm

Booney wrote:

Yep, I give them a straight get fugged. Couldnt care less if they have kids or not with them
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Jase » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:44 pm

Columbo wrote:

I enjoy short sharp conversations with the ones that jump out in front of me and say "hey sir! Can I as you a quick question"?
By responding with, "you just did" and keeping on strolling, it seems to throw them for a second and gives me a chance to get away [emoji38]

One thing that I have noticed recently is a fairly well known local charity, who I'm certain do great things with the funding they get, have started to appear in the city and shopping centres collecting. What sh1ts me is that the people doing the collecting look like they are bored to tears (no doubt it would be) but I highly doubt they would give the time of day to the people they are collecting for, just looks bad for the charity IMHO. Maybe I'm just getting old and judgemental!

While I have the floor, I'll also add Warnies cricket commentary is Sh1tting me at the moment too, especially the Jaffa and Cherry comments to describe the good deliveries.

My trick when I'm walking in the shops with my junior Jases is to pretend to be really angry with them... both of the boys know the act so they'll be looking very sad at the floor and I'll be saying things like "that was not OK", "how dare you speak to your brother like that" etc etc... just loud enough for the salesman/woman to not want to get involved...

Perfect... [emoji23]
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1480 times
Been liked: 552 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:53 am

Brodlach wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I just answer the door in my birthday suit.

Hope you iron it first

I make sure that it's warm
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby am Bays » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:56 am

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:

Yep, I give them a straight get fugged. Couldnt care less if they have kids or not with them

And finish off with, "God made me say that......"
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:20 am

am Bays wrote:

I do wonder if they've ever converted anyone over from cold calling?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby tipper » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:00 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
am Bays wrote:

next time the knock invite them in to talk about it and find out ;)
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:58 am

tipper wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
am Bays wrote:

next time the knock invite them in to talk about it and find out ;)

If she's hot I probably will.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:00 pm

Not only being harassed by charity pushers, but being called 'Chief' by them.

"Do you work for me? No? Then I'm not your Chief."
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion