2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:45 pm

HH3 wrote:Should make only financial players eligible to use the bar facilities.

Everyone will be paid up by the first Thursday night.

Or they'll meet at the local or just get their mates to go to the bar.

Great in theory but generally those that don't pay their way have history, probably always got a full tin too.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7930 times

Postby MW » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:07 pm

HH3 wrote:
MW wrote:No pay, no play. Simple.

I've heard that every single year.

Not once has it been enforced.

There's your problem
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2617 times
Been liked: 1855 times

Postby Booney » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:32 pm

MW wrote:
HH3 wrote:

There's your problem

Stop one bloke from playing for being $50 short on his subs and I reckon you'll have more problems than the $50 is worth to you. That's the problem.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7501 times
Been liked: 10794 times

Postby MW » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:42 pm

I'm not so sure.
Says a bit about the blokes you're recruiting to your club if they can't fork out a few bucks to play some footy.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2617 times
Been liked: 1855 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:50 pm

You have to sacrifice success, it's been going on for years.

When I've ran cricket clubs I've always opted for one team less than what we could field for this particular reason, once you start "needing" players to field your lowest team the players see themselves as doing the club a favour and then pretend that they are only playing to help out.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7930 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:58 pm

There are so many reasons why it's difficult to have a hard and fast rule around no-pay, no-play.

Different financial situations - paid monthly, paid fortnightly, paid weekly, some unemployed and may have trouble with budget or have unexpected expenses pop up.

Players - some players just seem to think they're above paying, those are guys who generally play A grade or have played A grade and traditionally in the past been sponsored or what not, so paying is foreign to them. This is particularly hard at our club when an A grader gets dropped for a week. Also the players who turn up with one of a million excuses why they haven't got the cash on them and you're not in a position to suddenly tell them bad luck you're not playing.

Success - Need to weigh up whether setting an example and dropping a dozen blokes until they've paid is worth the risk of losing games, and everything heading south internally. Example: If you have a policy say owe $30 or more you cant play, and your genuine gun midfielder who wins games off his own boot owes $30 or $40 and you need to win to play finals, are you going to not play him?

I've found over the years, clubs/sides tend to focus on filling sides and having success over setting a good culture around paying etc... and cultures are hard to change, habits are hard to break and you'll always have a small group that fail to do the right things.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3195 times
Been liked: 4009 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:58 pm

but yes.. i wish i could just not pick blokes for it :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:58 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:You have to sacrifice success, it's been going on for years.

When I've ran cricket clubs I've always opted for one team less than what we could field for this particular reason, once you start "needing" players to field your lowest team the players see themselves as doing the club a favour and then pretend that they are only playing to help out.

Problem is these days the players in the lower teams are paying their subs.
Some of the 'better' players think they are just that these days........ too good to pay their subs.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2230 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:00 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Problem is these days the players in the lower teams are paying their subs.
Some of the 'better' players think they are just that these days........ too good to pay their subs.

Nail. Head. BANG!
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:01 pm

HH3 wrote:We've been with Adam (now iinet) for about 7 years and haven't had major problems.

We've been in 5 different houses in that time (we tend to look for better places when our lease runs out) and we've only really had one problem. It did take a couple of weeks to get sorted, but nothing too dramatic.

I haven't really had an issue with their customer service. I usually just use the "call back" service, since internets not life or death, so I'm not gonna sit on the phone for an hour waiting.

We got bumped up twice for free. We went from 250Gb to 500Gb, and when we moved in June last year they bumped us up to Unlimited. For $59.95 a month.

For the same price with NBN, you get capped at the same speeds we already get, and only get 200Gb. We've had NBN before when it wasn't capped, and it didn't really make a difference.

We get 12-15mbps now, and thats fine for streaming on more than one device, online gaming, etc.

We are with Adam also $29.95 for 250 Gb. Got a letter in the mail yesterday saying cable is being switched off in our area in November so rang Adan (iiNet) best they will do is $59.95 for 250 Gb plus a $79.95 one off set up fee. I don't want to change
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby HH3 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:07 pm

Brodlach wrote:
HH3 wrote:We've been with Adam (now iinet) for about 7 years and haven't had major problems.

We've been in 5 different houses in that time (we tend to look for better places when our lease runs out) and we've only really had one problem. It did take a couple of weeks to get sorted, but nothing too dramatic.

I haven't really had an issue with their customer service. I usually just use the "call back" service, since internets not life or death, so I'm not gonna sit on the phone for an hour waiting.

We got bumped up twice for free. We went from 250Gb to 500Gb, and when we moved in June last year they bumped us up to Unlimited. For $59.95 a month.

For the same price with NBN, you get capped at the same speeds we already get, and only get 200Gb. We've had NBN before when it wasn't capped, and it didn't really make a difference.

We get 12-15mbps now, and thats fine for streaming on more than one device, online gaming, etc.

We are with Adam also $29.95 for 250 Gb. Got a letter in the mail yesterday saying cable is being switched off in our area in November so rang Adan (iiNet) best they will do is $59.95 for 250 Gb plus a $79.95 one off set up fee. I don't want to change

What kind of internet are they offering?

Naked DSL, NBN or Wimax?
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:08 pm

NBN
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:17 pm

Booney wrote:
MW wrote:
HH3 wrote:

There's your problem

Stop one bloke from playing for being $50 short on his subs and I reckon you'll have more problems than the $50 is worth to you. That's the problem.

You call them out in front of everyone. I have been in charge of subs collection in the past and would list the players who owed $$ post game or during preso's etc. I don't reckon I called the same name more than 2 weeks in a row.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 449 times
Been liked: 1217 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:26 pm

Oh Pirate, you can't do that to Gen Y's.
You'll hurt their feelings
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby HH3 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:26 pm

Brodlach wrote:NBN

That's not bad, but usually they cap the speed on the lower plans, so you won't get the full benefits of having NBN.

I guess if ours got cut off, I would go that route. Right now we're getting unlimited at the same speeds as the capped NBN with Naked DSL.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:37 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:You call them out in front of everyone. I have been in charge of subs collection in the past and would list the players who owed $$ post game or during preso's etc. I don't reckon I called the same name more than 2 weeks in a row.

That's what i want to do! Name and shame! Apparently though you cant :roll:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:40 pm

HH3 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:NBN

That's not bad, but usually they cap the speed on the lower plans, so you won't get the full benefits of having NBN.

I guess if ours got cut off, I would go that route. Right now we're getting unlimited at the same speeds as the capped NBN with Naked DSL.

Sounds ok but still $30 a month more and I'm more than happy with what I have. Never have an issue

Tried to negotiate the one off charge as we have been a customer for 12 years. No deal!
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:49 pm

Brodlach wrote:

Is that naked DSL for that price or do you have your landline with another telco?
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:03 pm

Plus a landline which I have through iiNet
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion