Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Gozu » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:32 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:People in car parks.

Literally saved a womans life yesterday at costco. She was walking back to her car and this stupid woman who was looking for a carpark spotted a car leaving behind her so she slammed her BMW into reverse and put her foot down without looking in mirrors or over her ahoulder properly. If i wasnt there to slam on her boot and scream at her to stop she would've plowed down this other lady walking walking towards her car. She screa hed to a halt within 2 foot of the pedestrian. Im glad i was by myself, if i had one of my kids with me it could have been far worse.

Seriously, people go stupid in that car park especially.

I was at Costco yesterday too, never seen anything like that carpark. Packed to the gills, people acting like maniacs and it wasn't much better inside the joint. What over hyped rubbish a glorified Rite Price and you actually have to pay them $60 before they will let you spend a cent in their store.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Psyber » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:09 am

wristwatcher wrote:
Ian wrote:Driver's driving behaviour on roads with fixed cameras.

I regularly drive on Glover Avenue (the road that connects Henley Beach Rd to the City through the park lands) and Tapleys Hill Rd near the airport.

Heading out of the city it pisses me of when drivers feel the need to slow down to 45 or sometimes even lees when passing the camera before the underpass, the limit is 60 FFS, you wont get a ticket for doing the speed limit, Tapleys Hill Rd is just as bad, drivers jamming on the brakes to slow to 60 in a 80 zone, just do the speed limit!!

In drivers defence on TH Rd. those cameras are just before it changes from 80 to 60. First time I drove home from work this year I did it and do see people do it all the time as I use it every day. If your not a regular on that road and you see the camera it's understandable that you go from 80 to 60 to avoid a $500 fine and however many demerit points it is. I reckon those cameras send a sub conscious message to drivers that they are speeding as they are at the end of the 80 zone. Either way like many speed cameras they are a horses ass.

I've noticed in my current car (Suzuki Grand Vitara) pedestrians can duck behind you and be invisible because of the cars relatively high rear window, which they do despite the fact your reversing lights are on and the car is already moving. Once I noticed this because of a near miss I've been very careful to triple check. Pedestrians need to take the responsibility to exercise some care too.

I'm about to trade in on a new vehicle which I'm having equipped with a wide angle reversing camera integrated into the SatNav.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Q. » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:39 am

What do you think of the Grand Vitara?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Jase » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:04 pm

The battle that Mrs Jase is currently facing with a crippling bout of anxiety... makes it really hard for the junior Jases ...
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1480 times
Been liked: 552 times

Postby HH3 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:49 pm

Sitting at work doing **** all, being here "just in case". This day is dragging like a motherf**ker!
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Psyber » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:46 pm

Q. wrote:What do you think of the Grand Vitara?

Mine is the short wheel base 3-door 2.4Litre 4 cylinder petrol model with 5 speed manual transmission. I've had it since November 2011 and it has been enjoyable if not exciting. It has high ratio unlocked for general driving and high and low ratios with the centre differential locked, and 200mm ground clearance.

They have a reputation for being durable, but mine blew up its clutch at 17400Km just 18 months after I bought it and Suzuki Australia tried to blame it on me. I pointed out I've had 14 manual vehicles and only one other ever needed a clutch repair and that was at over 150,000Km. We finished up with them supplying the parts and me paying for the labour. The car had been smelling hot, and pinging, after driving ever since I got it and I'd been assured it was just the catalytic converter at two services. There was no warning slipping the clutch plate just shredded suddenly and the smelling and pinging has ceased since the repair. I suspect the clamping pressure may have been incorrect as the RAA suggested.

(I'd meant to fight them over the forced compromise I had to accept because I needed the car back, as the Audi was off the road too at the time, but I was always too busy to chase the $450 it cost me for the labour.)

The short wheel base model is firmer on the road that the 4-door which I liked but it does drag the rear tires a bit on sharp turns.

As my Suzuki has rarely been off bitumen in the 3 years I've had it, I'm about to trade it and my old 1995 Audi S2 in on something else new enough to be reliable and a bit more fun...
http://www.renault.com.au/vehicles/spor ... rs/265-cup
Psyber
Coach

Postby Q. » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:25 am

Thanks Psyb. The missus wants one of those faux 4WD type cars like the Grand Vitara or Rav4 just because she wants to sit up high in a car :roll:
Q.
Coach

Postby Psyber » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:45 am

Q. wrote:Thanks Psyb. The missus wants one of those faux 4WD type cars like the Grand Vitara or Rav4 just because she wants to sit up high in a car :roll:

The GV is at least a genuine permanent 4WD with a low ratio, and decent ground clearance (200mm) unlike the part-timer SUVs that abound.
I haven't tried it with this one but when I had a farm I had an LJ series mini-truck by Suzuki and you could get up slopes where a big 4wd ute couldn't go - I bought it on the advice of a fencing contractor who used them.

My wife loved her Range Rover in the 1980s. She'd found other drivers used to charge and bluff her on the road as a woman in a small car.
They didn't do it to a woman driving a RR with a robust looking bull bar on the front.

I suspect this is a factor in women favouring these things for picking up the kids at school and so don't support criticising them for driving "Toorak Tractors".

I think my clutch problem was a one off fault due to faulty clamping pressure adjustment.
There are a lot of Suzuki's up here in the hills and the owners seem to be very happy with them.
Psyber
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:09 am

1) Work not letting anyone in our department go home early today - Merry f****** Christmas
2) Work not putting in our pays early so everyone won't get paid till Friday instead of today - Merry F**** Christmas
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby tipper » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:18 am

Psyber wrote:
Q. wrote:Thanks Psyb. The missus wants one of those faux 4WD type cars like the Grand Vitara or Rav4 just because she wants to sit up high in a car :roll:

The GV is at least a genuine permanent 4WD with a low ratio, and decent ground clearance (200mm) unlike the part-timer SUVs that abound.
I haven't tried it with this one but when I had a farm I had an LJ series mini-truck by Suzuki and you could get up slopes where a big 4wd ute couldn't go - I bought it on the advice of a fencing contractor who used them.

My wife loved her Range Rover in the 1980s. She'd found other drivers used to charge and bluff her on the road as a woman in a small car.
They didn't do it to a woman driving a RR with a robust looking bull bar on the front.

I suspect this is a factor in women favouring these things for picking up the kids at school and so don't support criticising them for driving "Toorak Tractors".

I think my clutch problem was a one off fault due to faulty clamping pressure adjustment.
There are a lot of Suzuki's up here in the hills and the owners seem to be very happy with them.

while i havent had any personal experience with Suzi's, i have heard good things about them, and as Psyber said, i wouldnt call them a faux 4wd. they are actually very capable offroad (actual transfer case) and can embarrass some more "capable" vehicles at times. if you steer her towards the suzuki Qman it might open up options of borrowing it to go fishing or camping in offroad type spots if thats your thing.

on the Rav, the sister inlaw had one for ages, and it seemed a good car. i would call it more of a soft roader, theirs didnt have low range but supposedly you could lock the centre differential so could be a bit more capable than say a subaru, but i wouldnt persoanlly have been too adverturous with it. nice onroad though so if offroad isnt your thing could still be a good option.
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby nuggety goodness » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:26 am

Footy Chick wrote:1) Work not letting anyone in our department go home early today - Merry f****** Christmas
2) Work not putting in our pays early so everyone won't get paid till Friday instead of today - Merry F**** Christmas

How is that gonna work? Fridays a PH too...
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby Q. » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:31 am

tipper wrote:
Psyber wrote:

while i havent had any personal experience with Suzi's, i have heard good things about them, and as Psyber said, i wouldnt call them a faux 4wd. they are actually very capable offroad (actual transfer case) and can embarrass some more "capable" vehicles at times. if you steer her towards the suzuki Qman it might open up options of borrowing it to go fishing or camping in offroad type spots if thats your thing.

on the Rav, the sister inlaw had one for ages, and it seemed a good car. i would call it more of a soft roader, theirs didnt have low range but supposedly you could lock the centre differential so could be a bit more capable than say a subaru, but i wouldnt persoanlly have been too adverturous with it. nice onroad though so if offroad isnt your thing could still be a good option.

I have a turbo diesel 4WD Triton, so don't really see the need for a second similar car. She can have a Mazda 3 again :lol:
Q.
Coach

Postby gossipgirl » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:33 am

Footy Chick wrote:1) Work not letting anyone in our department go home early today - Merry f****** Christmas

perhaps people will start getting sick around lunch time .... cough cough cough :D
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1433 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby wristwatcher » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:38 am

I bet that d@ck from the adds got paid on time and "Trevor!"
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:44 pm

wristwatcher wrote:

Get with the times, they've been ditched ;)

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby heater31 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:08 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:

My impression from the new ads it a pretty cool place to work..... ;)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby tipper » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:26 pm

Q. wrote:
tipper wrote:
Psyber wrote:

I have a turbo diesel 4WD Triton, so don't really see the need for a second similar car. She can have a Mazda 3 again :lol:

ah, in that case the suzi would be the more capable vehicle then, and we cant have that can we :twisted: ;)
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:32 pm

heater31 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:

dont drive and post Heater ;)

Footy Chick

Postby heater31 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:22 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:[quote="Footy Chick"]1) Work not letting anyone in our department go home early today - Merry f****** Christmas

dont drive and post Heater ;)[/quote]
Ironically I was in the same servo car park when I typed that out when you accused me of the same thing last year....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Q. » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:08 pm

tipper wrote:
Q. wrote:
tipper wrote:
Psyber wrote:[quote="Q."]Thanks Psyb. The missus wants one of those faux 4WD type cars like the Grand Vitara or Rav4 just because she wants to sit up high in a car :roll:

ah, in that case the suzi would be the more capable vehicle then, and we cant have that can we :twisted: ;)[/quote]

Ha. No way does that Suzi outperform the Triton when towing a load.
Q.
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion