Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

by Spargo » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:07 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Having Victorian's over for a few drinks and a BBQ, they have no idea on how our recycling system goes.

Dumped all their food scraps in my can bin, chucked all their glass bottles in my plastic bottle bin and in with the regular waste, pedantic I know but I like to keep an organised system going and I get looked after pretty well at the bottle depot because of it.

Did they get near your dishwasher?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5514 times
Been liked: 5149 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

by MW » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:09 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Having Victorian's over

I've edited your post for simplicity
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2633 times
Been liked: 1862 times

by Footy Chick » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:24 am

Spargo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Having Victorian's over for a few drinks and a BBQ, they have no idea on how our recycling system goes.

Dumped all their food scraps in my can bin, chucked all their glass bottles in my plastic bottle bin and in with the regular waste, pedantic I know but I like to keep an organised system going and I get looked after pretty well at the bottle depot because of it.

:lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1741 times
Been liked: 2148 times

by Corona Man » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:29 am

Footy Chick wrote:
Spargo wrote:

:lol:

As a new Victorian I agree with you. No recycling culture at all. Throwing everything in the dumpster with no thought goes against my grain.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1280 times
Been liked: 3493 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

by HH3 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:38 am

I thought Melbourne was hipster central these days?
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

by Wedgie » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:25 am

Dont they hve recycling/yellow bins like us?
How hard is it to throw every sort of bottle and other recyclables into it?
We had people from England living with us for 6 months and they had no problems with the concept?
Maybe it's just these people and not where they come from?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2060 times
Been liked: 3913 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

by Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:27 am

Spargo wrote:

No chance, or the appliance.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7941 times

by Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:31 am

Wedgie wrote:Dont they hve recycling/yellow bins like us?

Yeah, but so do I.

I got my normal bins tucked away around the side of the house but I use a yellow lidded bin for bottles and red lidded bin for cans complete with bug plastic liners in them, these are placed next to where all the glass bottles are placed into cartons and sealed once each carton is filled.

I seen him doing it early and insisted that I will sort it out and he can just sit there and enjoy the night, my can bin was putrid in the morning, had to tip it all out and squirt all the cans down.

Happened with last lot of Victorians too, we have more coming for the Easter break, time to put big labels up!
Lightning McQueen
Coach

by Wedgie » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:35 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Dont they hve recycling/yellow bins like us?

Yeah, but so do I.

I got my normal bins tucked away around the side of the house but I use a yellow lidded bin for bottles and red lidded bin for cans complete with bug plastic liners in them, these are placed next to where all the glass bottles are placed into cartons and sealed once each carton is filled.

I seen him doing it early and insisted that I will sort it out and he can just sit there and enjoy the night, my can bin was putrid in the morning, had to tip it all out and squirt all the cans down.

Happened with last lot of Victorians too, we have more coming for the Easter break, time to put big labels up!

You sound a bit OCD. You'd have the same issue with me, I just throw every recyclable in the big yellow bin.
Life's short! Enjoy it!
Wedgie
Site Admin

by Wedgie » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:43 am

I just checked online, Vics have the same set up as us with recycling bins.
Wedgie
Site Admin

by Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:43 am

Wedgie wrote:You sound a bit OCD. You'd have the same issue with me, I just throw every recyclable in the big yellow bin.

A bit? I'm a freak! We use the can and bottle money for the kids for the Royal Show, it gives them the incentive of taking care of the bottles etc.

I can't believe they don't give refunds in Victoria, I now Mildura folk don't get let into Renmark's bottle depot if they have their own plates on their car.

I just sort of think if you open a bin and it's full of empty cans then it probably doesn't want half eaten sausage with sauce, chop bones and remnants of some potato salad thrown into it.

I do work for the world leaders in recycling so I do emphasise the importance of recycling at home to the kids.

I don't know why the yellow bins get collected fortnightly but general waste weekly, should be the other way around.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

by Wedgie » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:47 am

Really?
We're lucky to fill up a yellow bin in a month. Toilet rolls, a bit of paper, the occasional milk carton, the occasional beer or wine bottle and soft drink bottle if the kids stay over.
Mind you we haven't ever filled up our normal bin too often either.
My green one is fairly full ATM though ironically thanks to the council truck that picks up yellow bins as it took out half a tree on our median strip last visit! :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

by Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:47 am

Wedgie wrote:I just checked online, Vics have the same set up as us with recycling bins.

I had already established that, I just don't like fishing out food scraps when I've already pointed out that the bins are for cans and I don't mind tidying up as we go.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

by Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:50 am

Wedgie wrote:Really?
We're lucky to fill up a yellow bin in a month. Toilet rolls, a bit of paper, the occasional milk carton and soft drink bottle if the kids stay over.
My green one is fairly full ATM though ironically thanks to the council truck that picks up yellow bins as it took out half a tree on our median strip last visit! :lol:

We lay everything flat etc. and still fill ours to the brim, I end up chucking shit in my neighbours bin on collection day.

Our house is a little busier than yours though, shopping alone would be $300 a week on a tight week.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

by Wedgie » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:51 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I just checked online, Vics have the same set up as us with recycling bins.

I had already established that, I just don't like fishing out food scraps when I've already pointed out that the bins are for cans and I don't mind tidying up as we go.

I've never had anyone put scraps in the yellow bin only bottles, be they from interstate or overseas. As I said, it sounds more like the sort of people they are, not where they're from. Keep it simple and you'll have no prob.
We just leave our recyclables on the bench and throw them in the yellow bin next trip to that end of the house. No-one ever throws food scraps in the bench or in the yellow bin.
Wedgie
Site Admin

by Wedgie » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:53 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Really?
We're lucky to fill up a yellow bin in a month. Toilet rolls, a bit of paper, the occasional milk carton and soft drink bottle if the kids stay over.

We lay everything flat etc. and still fill ours to the brim, I end up chucking shit in my neighbours bin on collection day.

Our house is a little busier than yours though, shopping alone would be $300 a week on a tight week.

Geez, your carbon footprint must be huge.
We've had 5 different kids stay at our place in the last week and had another couple with a baby stay with us for 6 months, it ain't exactly quiet!
You grocery bill is less than my pub bill for 2 days! :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

by Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:57 am

Wedgie wrote:I've never had anyone put scraps in the yellow bin only bottles, be they from interstate or overseas. As I said, it sounds more like the sort of people they are, not where they're from. Keep it simple and you'll have no prob.
We just leave our recyclables on the bench and throw them in the yellow bin next trip to that end of the house. No-one ever throws food scraps in the bench or in the yellow bin.

Yeah, what's simple and works for us doesn't really work for everyone else, for the amount of times we have guests stay with us we should just dumb it down a bit more.

Having teenage kids gives a new level of laziness, I'm the one that gets stuck taking shit to the bins, no one will ever empty a cordial bottle for fear of being caught and having to refill it.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

by Wedgie » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:04 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I've never had anyone put scraps in the yellow bin only bottles, be they from interstate or overseas. As I said, it sounds more like the sort of people they are, not where they're from. Keep it simple and you'll have no prob.

Yeah, what's simple and works for us doesn't really work for everyone else, for the amount of times we have guests stay with us we should just dumb it down a bit more.

Having teenage kids gives a new level of laziness, I'm the one that gets stuck taking shit to the bins, no one will ever empty a cordial bottle for fear of being caught and having to refill it.

I'm lucky, my place is cleaner than when I left it when my kids are here with their mates!
Wedgie
Site Admin

by Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:18 am

Wedgie wrote:I'm lucky, my place is cleaner than when I left it when my kids are here with their mates!

Does the traffic part when you enter the roadways to allow you a clear run to your destination?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

by Pseudo » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:32 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I'm lucky, my place is cleaner than when I left it when my kids are here with their mates!

Does the traffic part when you enter the roadways to allow you a clear run to your destination?

Wedgie is an ambulance driver? :?
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1563 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion