Smile :)

It's only Money $$$ :)

What is happening to our SANFL guys...
Dog_ger
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Psyber » Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:42 pm

pafc1870 wrote:It is an absolute joke that this SCUM can ever walk freely the street of our brilliant country. I really hope someone gets to him in jail before he sees the light of day. I rate this joke of a human as low as any mass murderer or paedophile in the history of mankind. The fact that people feel sorry for him sickens me.

And yet .... if he is so bad why has he got such a soft deal ??? Why didn't they hold out for a heavier sentence even if he did plead guilty?!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Wedgie » Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:51 pm

The guy applys to be a pom, he admit his guilt and yet there's still do gooders that are on his side that whinge and whine for him but don't say bugerall to support our troops who are fighting scum like him.
Its a sad sad world, I hope he gets what he deserves in Yatala, ideally the sort of morons that support him deserve worse.
Only good thing to come out of the whole thing is hopefully we'll never hear from Terry Hicks again.
WTF is the world coming to?
Brings his child up in such a bad way they he becomes a terrorist and leaves his children and partner.
David doesn't even want to see Terry.
And then Terry gets voted for the father of the year award.
Honestly, WTF, do only Social Workers, Civil Liberaterians and Dykes vote for this award or something?
A sad sad inditement on so many in this society these days, thank christ the same sort of people don't like footy.

Psyber wrote:And yet .... if he is so bad why has he got such a soft deal ??? Why didn't they hold out for a heavier sentence even if he did plead guilty?!

Why didn't he plead innocent if not guilty?
Its sad when people start supporting a self confessed terrorist especially when those same people haven't said one good word about our troops that are fighting this sort of scum protecting our very own families.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Psyber » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:13 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Psyber wrote:And yet .... if he is so bad why has he got such a soft deal ??? Why didn't they hold out for a heavier sentence even if he did plead guilty?!

Why didn't he plead innocent if not guilty?
Its sad when people start supporting a self confessed terrorist especially when those same people haven't said one good word about our troops that are fighting this sort of scum protecting our very own families.

I don't have much sympathy for him, but I have an interest in the application of "truth, justice, and the American way" :lol:

I think he either is guilty or is at least borderline psychotic, and potentially dangerous either way. So... I still ask the question......if he is so bad why has he got such a soft deal ??? [One the means he will be on the loose in a few months!]

I know why he didn't plead not guilty - he'd be there forever, and they made him an offer too good to refuse, but why did they!

Could it be there was nothing they could actually make stick, so it would otherwise have dragged on for several more years? The problem seems to be there were no laws against what he did when he did it - and the Yanks did not want to go the POW route and have to apply the Geneva Convention. They could have held him for the duration of the war if they'd done that.

My only problem with the invasion of Iraq is the stupidity of going in without a plan for the aftermath. As I have said elsewhere, Blind Freddy could have predicted a Christian force [even a nominally Christian one] cannot occupy a Muslim nation for more then a few weeks without there being a backlash. We needed a Muslim nation on side to take over the administration before doing anything. The way they dealt with Hicks shows trhe same lack of forethought.
Last edited by Psyber on Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Wedgie » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:27 pm

I know where you're coming from and you make some good points, I think the reason he was offered such a soft result is because the way the legal system is set up, probably not a lot different from how the bombers in Indonesia got off so lightly with the Bali bombing.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby redandblack » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:38 am

pafc1870 wrote:It is an absolute joke that this SCUM can ever walk freely the street of our brilliant country. I really hope someone gets to him in jail before he sees the light of day. I rate this joke of a human as low as any mass murderer or paedophile in the history of mankind. The fact that people feel sorry for him sickens me.

As for our brilliant country, pafc, it revolves around something called the rule of law and proper justice, something that our Government has been happy to totally ignore in this case. You obviously wanted the US 'military justice system' to be even harsher on Hicks. What do you think of their sentence on the American soldier who raped and murdered a 14 yo Iraqui girl, then murdered her family. Out in 2 years.

Also following your logic, the British sailors in Iran have 'admitted' their guilt also. Do you believe confessions equally, or only when it suits you. You would presumably agree with Iran keeping them in solitary confinement for (say) about 5 years, without trial.

Given who you follow, I can understand you thinking everything is black and white, but sometimes it's not always that obvious.
redandblack

Postby johntheclaret » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:47 am

Snaggletooth Tiger wrote:The REAL issue about the whole David Hicks saga is nothing to do with him per se...
It's the fact that our Nation's so called 'Leader' :roll: who unashamedly follows blindly & sychophantically
that corrupt & self interested bunch of Bible bashing, money hungry bullshit artists known as the 'Bush Administration'
who even the Good Ol' U.S.A. finally seem to have a gutful of as well!
Little Johnny Howard arrogantly puts their agenda way before the needs of his own country! :x

For "Little Johnny Howard" read Little tony Blair :evil:
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby BenchedEagle » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:38 pm

This one of the most ridiculous comments i have ever seen on safooty! Tell me exactly who he has hurt or what he has done?
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby BenchedEagle » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:43 pm

The guys obviously a dumbass. But he hasnt hurt anyone. And i bet u he will be looked after in Yatala. U wouldnt find too many Bush Howard lovers in there. All criminals vote Labor, hey Mal?
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby Jimmy » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:54 pm

lizbeff, come on mate..."hasnt hurt anyone" thats like saying "well, i tried to slam a plane into a building but i didnt, therefore i didnt hurt anyone, so its ok, isnt it? :roll:
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:11 pm

Everyone has an opinion....

Why cant everyone be like me and just not give a shizenhousen about it???
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby JK » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:00 pm

Falcon Chick wrote:Everyone has an opinion....

We're too scared Booney would turn his attentions onto us too
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:17 pm

Constance_Perm wrote:

Just a matter of time.........I do like what you have done to your bathroom CP.Just a little hard* to stand on the pot plant and look in the window.Could you put the ladder back out there?

Regards,

Boon.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby JK » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:29 pm

Booney wrote:
Constance_Perm wrote:

Just a matter of time.........I do like what you have done to your bathroom CP.Just a little hard* to stand on the pot plant and look in the window.Could you put the ladder back out there?

Regards,

Boon.

As soon as you've returned the Garden Gnome
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:33 pm

Constance_Perm wrote:
Booney wrote:
Constance_Perm wrote:

Regards,

Boon.

:shock: :lol:
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby smac » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:51 pm

Constance_Perm wrote:
Booney wrote:
Constance_Perm wrote:

Regards,

Boon.

And fill up the holes you have drilled* into it.
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:54 pm

FWIW,FC,I too have very little opinion on the David Hicks affair.I mentioned on another thread my interest is only increased by the apparent fixation the media has.

(Not a fixation I know they are doing their job)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Re: HICKS DECISION

Postby dedja » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:39 am

His conviction has been overturned by the US.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:41 am

dedja wrote:His conviction has been overturned by the US.

Does this mean he can sue, as well as make money from his story now?
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:45 am

HH3 wrote:
dedja wrote:His conviction has been overturned by the US.

Does this mean he can sue, as well as make money from his story now?

You would think his lawyers are currently calculating how many "zero's" go on the law suit.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion