Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Footy Chick » Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:15 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Until the State reaches 90% then then we’re going to have this issue of having to isolate when coming in to contact with people who have been infected - Don’t agree with it personally but it’s the Governments way of creating urgency between 80-90% (Also why they have opened the State up also so it gets people in to gear who have delayed it). It seems crazy to not just wait another 3 weeks.

I was meant to be going to an awards show tonight with 1400 people, I’ve cancelled because I don’t want to run the risk of being at an event so large in an enclosed space and by sheer bad luck be put in to isolation.

On the up side, it's an extra 2 weeks you get to spend with your new bub :D
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby heater31 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:57 pm

Wedgie wrote:Seems like SA Health don't know what they're doing, they listed my pub as a casual contact do I look that up and I'm supposed to quarantine till I get a test then get more tests on day 6 and 13.
Today I get a SMS from them saying I'm supposed to quarantine for 7 days.
Do I believe their website or SMS?
Queensland Health aren't much better! Text whilst in the air a 3pm that we need a negative test. All the testing centres close a 4. Base hospital graciously have decided to stay open until 6pm! ******* excellent start to the holiday!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:41 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Until the State reaches 90% then then we’re going to have this issue of having to isolate when coming in to contact with people who have been infected - Don’t agree with it personally but it’s the Governments way of creating urgency between 80-90% (Also why they have opened the State up also so it gets people in to gear who have delayed it). It seems crazy to not just wait another 3 weeks.

I was meant to be going to an awards show tonight with 1400 people, I’ve cancelled because I don’t want to run the risk of being at an event so large in an enclosed space and by sheer bad luck be put in to isolation.

On the up side, it's an extra 2 weeks you get to spend with your new bub :D

True, however wait until December 17 and then I get 3 weeks at home fully paid :) .
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby stan » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:55 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
DOC wrote:Tasmania becomes the first to mandate that all staff and patrons to any pub. club or place that has stand up drinking.

What is this shite about standing up?
I sit 3 feet across a table from someone talking, laughing and carrying on. The bugs not going to transmit? Must be the same one that avoided Woolies, Coles, Bunnings etc.

And what a great endorsement for the RSA scheme. May as well shut that down

I'm going to a bar / restaurant tonight and I bet it will be packed

Update

Hardly anyone there last night
After ruining last Christmas with a dodgy pizza, Marshall has screwed the hospitality sector for another Christmas
My mate who owns the restaurant is spewing at the government.
3/4 of his bookings were cancelled this week
Marshall is toast if he shuts the borders now

Got the missus Xmas show tonight.
Apparently lots of people have pulled out today and yesterday at last minute.
WTF
Oh well more food and alcohol for me
Reckon most people are worried about having to quarantine rather than actually catching the virus.

Just being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby stan » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:59 pm

SAHeath are panicking at the moment. Not sure why, after the 18 cases they had a few days back there has been. 4 and then 5 new cases.

Not exactly exploding at the moment and we are talking about shutting boarders.

Crazy stuff.
stan
Coach

Postby Booney » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:25 pm

Wedgie wrote:If you're a casual contact you only need to quarantine until the first test is received back.
If you're a close contact you need to quarantine for 7 days if you're double vaccinated and 14 if you're not.
It apparars they have changed the contact at my pub from "local" to "close" in the last hour so the rules have changed.
I'm guessing someone caught it at my pub from the person so they upgraded it.
Highly unlikely I got it, it would most likely be someone at a table.
Glad I'm fully vaccinated as I still get to head bush next weekend!
Miss out on decent pays for today and tomorrow though as I'm casual.

That's why Helen left the Hendon!

Hope you're all good mate, if you need anything in the next week shout out.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Armchair expert » Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:28 am

stan wrote:Reckon most people are worried about having to quarantine rather than actually catching the virus.
[/b]
Just being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

agreed
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Apachebulldog » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:42 am

Hey Stan great vision of Melbournes rally yesterday 4th December 2021 some pundits reckon 650,000 people.

Whats your estimate ?

I reckon 200,000 plus for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn73w-vyJ3o
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:55 am

Here we go folks hopefully this will now be the end of this psychological coercion forced vaccinations masks qr coding and all the rest of the rubbish.

Covid silver lining: ‘Extremely mild’ Omicron variant is rapidly exterminating much more deadly Delta coronavirus mutation

https://www.cityam.com/from-covid-curse ... -mutation/
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby stan » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:30 am

Apachebulldog wrote:Here we go folks hopefully this will now be the end of this psychological coercion forced vaccinations masks qr coding and all the rest of the rubbish.

Covid silver lining: ‘Extremely mild’ Omicron variant is rapidly exterminating much more deadly Delta coronavirus mutation

https://www.cityam.com/from-covid-curse ... -mutation/
Yeh I did read about this previously that it was too early to tell but the early reports and research was indicting that the new variant was more contagious than Delta but about the same level as the common cold.

Surely this spells the end to the histerics from Lady Nicola.
stan
Coach

Postby mal » Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:16 pm

I had thought the logic of opening up the borders was to create norMALity in our lives
Approaching 2 weeks since Australia's greatest left hand batsman was opened up to South Australia
Its anything but norMAL ?
The following :

Mate about to have chemo requests no visitors

Person not long to live has asked for no visitors

Pregnant girl at mates cafe , resigned, does not want to risk the babies health

Teenage girl at same cafe resigned, as her parents deemed it risky for her daughter to work there

Both cafes I visit , 1st week ok, 2nd week a 25% drop in customers[ but too early to tell if a trend]

Still wearing masks

Still doing code ins

Still have to social distance

20 of us norMALly have our baby boomer xmas dinner
Only 8 are going this year, lowest ever turn up expected

Someone who goes to senior citizen luncheons reports half went last lunch

Relative with health issues is now working from home
His wife resigned from her work, to limit the risk to him

Taxi driver last week , who is an anti vaxxer , was given 48 hours notice to get vaccinated or no job

Mate now drives to work in town, as does not want to catch a bus to work

Most importantly , it has interrupted Wedgie

Basically the 'logic' of getting on with our lives is anything but

Also I have 7 mates in business, ALL of them have done better in business since Covid pandemic

As for me
I dont know if covid/delta/omicron is under rated or over rated
I more or less agree with why we had lockdowns/shutdowns/quarantines/vaccines
But I dont know what to think of opening up the borders ???
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1138 times
Been liked: 892 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:47 pm

I tend to agree with you Mal.
2 weeks ago I could holiday in Far North Queensland, today I'm not allowed to leave my house.
I'm double vaxxed and have less freedom than we did in lockdown.
And as SA is now 80% double vaxxed there is no way to see compensation for wages lost due to Covid so I'm down a few hundred bucks too.
Luckily it doesn't worry me but I have a couple of co workers that don't know how they're going to pay their rent.
Progress?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Spargo » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:08 pm

There are that many contractors/self employed (no sick leave) who “pretend” to check in now because they simply can’t afford to quarantine & lose a weeks wages if they’ve visited an exposure site.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby stan » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:28 pm

Spargo wrote:There are that many contractors/self employed (no sick leave) who “pretend” to check in now because they simply can’t afford to quarantine & lose a weeks wages if they’ve visited an exposure site.
And that's the point I was making beige that most people seem to be worried about being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

With SA Heath rules you could duck out to the shops and have to be off work for a week.

Hardly normal.
stan
Coach

Postby jo172 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:43 pm

stan wrote:
Spargo wrote:There are that many contractors/self employed (no sick leave) who “pretend” to check in now because they simply can’t afford to quarantine & lose a weeks wages if they’ve visited an exposure site.
And that's the point I was making beige that most people seem to be worried about being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

With SA Heath rules you could duck out to the shops and have to be off work for a week.

Hardly normal.

Wrong shops doesn't seem to be the case.

Wrong pub or restaurant however
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:44 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:Bloke with Covid gets shot dead. Covid death statistic

But on the other hand.....

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/health/ ... 69436.html

Lol, thats the side effects from the fn wax, i think Omicrom also list heart issues as a symptom, they cant be any more obvious.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:03 pm

Ive had enough, from tomorrow im not playing their game anymore. If someone asks if ive checked in im going to say no. I do not consent to the "mandate", i have not been placed under a public health order by an authorised biosecurity officer and thats the end of the story, Same with the mask, i wont be saying i have an exemption, i just choose not to wear one.
Work has gone back to what it was like March 2020, its absolute bullshit. We have 3 in the offices that are petrified. No request to see vax status as yet. They are petrified of being shut down for a week. Have requested we eat lunch and smoko with the same person every day. no more than 2 together in lunch room that would be 15m x 8m.
They have requested masks inside at all times, im sure theres some bitching going on behind my back as i dont do this. Nobody has questioned me, iom sure its coming though.
I am however happy that my medical centre has taken steps to keep the vaccintaed away from me. More than happy for telehealth or just sit in my car, its like a drive through doctor service, shouldve had this along time ago.
Oh by the way where is this pandemic of the unvaccinated, all im seeing is vaccinated cases of covid?
everywhere all over the world, deaths and cases have increased on 2021 compared to 2020, how can that be with the vaccines in place this year, surely they work :roll:
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby stan » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:54 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Ive had enough, from tomorrow im not playing their game anymore. If someone asks if ive checked in im going to say no. I do not consent to the "mandate", i have not been placed under a public health order by an authorised biosecurity officer and thats the end of the story, Same with the mask, i wont be saying i have an exemption, i just choose not to wear one.
Work has gone back to what it was like March 2020, its absolute bullshit. We have 3 in the offices that are petrified. No request to see vax status as yet. They are petrified of being shut down for a week. Have requested we eat lunch and smoko with the same person every day. no more than 2 together in lunch room that would be 15m x 8m.
They have requested masks inside at all times, im sure theres some bitching going on behind my back as i dont do this. Nobody has questioned me, iom sure its coming though.
I am however happy that my medical centre has taken steps to keep the vaccintaed away from me. More than happy for telehealth or just sit in my car, its like a drive through doctor service, shouldve had this along time ago.
Oh by the way where is this pandemic of the unvaccinated, all im seeing is vaccinated cases of covid?
everywhere all over the world, deaths and cases have increased on 2021 compared to 2020, how can that be with the vaccines in place this year, surely they work :roll:
A few points you have raised here:

1. Yes its starting to feel like March 2020 again.
2. Yep, more so the fear of getting shut down. If you can work from home the it's a real issue. People are less worried about the virus and more worries about the over the top SA health rules.
3. You talked about the QR codes, pretty sure have never checked in at all so not sure if that's much of a change for you.
stan
Coach

Postby stan » Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:19 am

Just wondering if Dan Andrews is in fact as crazy as he's coming across.

Surely he doesn't actually think his response to Covid was a success? Even if he admits to some mistakes, there has been plenty of casualties unfortunately that go beyond measured deaths from Covid.
stan
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:25 am

stan wrote:Just wondering if Dan Andrews is in fact as crazy as he's coming across.

Surely he doesn't actually think his response to Covid was a success? Even if he admits to some mistakes, there has been plenty of casualties unfortunately that go beyond measured deaths from Covid.

Just an arrogant commie.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion