Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Postby amber_fluid » Tue May 30, 2017 4:22 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Benny's just embarrassed he took his missus to a dive for their 10th wedding anniversary. :lol:

Our 10th we did The Grand. Private chef cooked in room what we ordered earlier in the day, in room massages for us both, personalised embroidered robes to take away. Cracking night.

Did the same in the city for the Mrs birthday years ago.
That was around the $400 for fri-sat night and a late checkout.

Great value

Tight ar$e
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2228 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue May 30, 2017 5:19 pm

Booney wrote:The hilarity continues.

See, I livened the thread up a bit
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby bennymacca » Tue May 30, 2017 5:19 pm

Wedgie wrote:Benny's just embarrassed he took his missus to a dive for their 10th wedding anniversary. :lol:

:)

I thought I spent $500 on food poisoning for a while too
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Gozu » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:42 pm

Prince Albert at Gawler.

We had some nice big chicken parmies and salad with honey mustard dressing and will definitely visit again it was very tasty.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Pag » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:40 am

Not sure if it's been mentioned on here before but the Port Club, quality. Watched a SAWFL game at Alberton on Sunday so went and had a feed first, big parmi's, one-for-one in the ent book, $14 winner at the Sunny Coast. Couldn't go wrong.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:33 pm

Boonys @ Pt Noarlunga

Brekky

1 latte
1 hot choc
1 big brekky - mushrooms baked beans sausage bacon cured bacon homemade toast with poached eggs on top - superb
1 eggs benedict the report was very positive with its the best bacon eaten

$46

9/10
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11854 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:48 pm

Noones been out and about in 3 weeks.....no wonder the economy is rooted

Headed to the Woodcroft

Boy oh boy wowee....as the wanker BT says

This place has transformed.
The renno's are now complete and you step inside and you just forget where you are.

The ambience is great. It was quite full tonight. We were seated in the alfresco area. Two open windows allowed the cool air to just overtake the heaters. Blankets were on offer and was quite nice over the legs.

The welcome greeting was top notch also. Very accommodating and friendly. Theyve done well with the staff. They are all fantastic which is surprising for the age bracket they are. Not bad on the eye either....

Just went with 2 mixed grills + coke and carlton draught
Egg, bacon, lamb shoulder, 2 pieces of the pork belly and chips.

I cant handle fatty pork. One pork was superb, the other was fatty. Probably only need one piece and add in some chicken or offer sone apple puree to break it up a tad.

The Mrs was so impressed initially she is looking to have her 40th there in November when the weather should be more appropriate.

It was the first use of the Ent Book for this year. 25% off brought the total to $49...

Already saved $16. Will keep a running tally.

Ambience 9/10
Service 9/10
Food 7.5/10 marked down for the fatty pork belly.

Any southerners, its worth having a geeze just to check the renno's out.
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:50 pm

Anyone with an ent book want to do a swap over on some of the vouchers??
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby HH3 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:26 am

Mrs HH3 and I took my son out to breakfast at Cafe 123 at Colonades on Saturday. His choice. He's 7, so I won't hold it against him.

He got bacon on toast. Looked like shit to be honest, but he didn't complain.

Mrs HH3 and I both of the eggs Benedict. They did the eggs like Maccas eggs, perfectly round and half an inch thick. Cooked to much. There was too much hollondaise and the bread was burnt. It actually made me feel sick after a few bites.

The orange juices were pretty good.

One of the waitresses saw my sons brand new Pokemon cards and proceeded to pick one up off the table without asking him. He was fine with it, but I thought it was a bit rude.

We met up my sons mother out the front of the cafe (inside the shopping centre) to go to his martial arts thing together, and one of her other kids dropped a full milkshake, which exploded over half of the walkway. Being the good guy I am, I went back to the cafe to get cloths, and the same waitress said this when she saw the mess -

"F**kin hell." *laughs* "F*ck, that's funny. F**kin hell".

That was in front of the elderly people lining up to order.

Safe to say, will not be back.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:36 am

Interesting about the Woodcroft MT, we went there a few moths back and thought it was shit, the beer garden looks OK but I reckon they over did the reno's inside, doesn;t look or feel like a pub at all.

Might have to give it another crack based on your review though.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3507 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:54 am

Booney wrote:Sammys on the Marina.

Booked for 4. Got sat at a table for 6. :-??

20 minutes in no drinks order taken, no menus on table. 40 minutes in get beers and bottle of wine to the table. About to up and go and they apologize and take food order. 30 minutes passes by and they come to ask what we ordered and with who. It was the chick who asked us who took the order!

Said don't bother and upped and out. They didn't ask for payment of the wine and beers ( lucky for them ) and gave us two $100 vouchers. Who wants them?

0/10. Banned.

Well, we went back Saturday for lunch with the couple who joined us last time to use our 2 x $100 vouchers.

We booked for 1pm, table of 4. Got there to be greeted by a very attentive manager behind the counter, taken to our table and seated. The other couple joining us were running a little late so I asked for a bottle of water for the table, a Pale for me and a lemon. lime and bitters for Mrs Boon. All this back on our table in about 5 minutes. I should note there was 3 tables of 2 and 1 table of 4 already seated upon our arrival, so not busy.

The other couple arrived and saw where we were seated, they just came and joined us. They sat down as the waitress came back to check on us, they ordered the same drinks as we had, Pale and L,L,B. We asked for 5 minutes or so to decide on our food order, the waitress was excellent, topped up the water, bit chatty without being intrusive. The other couple had just been to an open inspection ( they're looking for a home ) and we were looking at the glossy brochure, the waitress "Oooh,nice house, good luck". She left us for 5 minutes, she was on song.

We ordered the "Sammys Platter" for 3, Mrs Boon doesn't eat seafood, of any description, so she went with the crusted lamb on mash and veg.

Sammy platter : Grilled king prawns (3 skewers with 2 on each), crab (2) , grilledscallops (6), batteredflathead (3),grilled King George whiting (3),crumbed calamari (6),spicy calamari (6), smoked salmon (3) ,fresh king prawns (6) , chilli mussels ( 3) ,oysters natural (6) all served with a side of chips and greek salad. ( I added the quantities in ).

Mrs Boon's lamb came out with one waiter as the platter arrived with another, good work. The platter was excellent bar one of the crabs that was either a little over done or not that fresh, was a bit chalky and mushy on the inside. It is the end of the crab season so you can't be too upset with one being a little under perfect. The rest was outstanding, the type of level you'd expect for the price.

I had another pale, the other couple and Mrs Boon shared a bottle of white.

The platter was $160 for two, $80 for every extra person > $240. The lamb $45, the beers $9 and I think the bottle was around $40.

Total $362. It was at this point we unleashed the vouchers, 2 x $100 bringing our bill down to $162. I explained to the waitress why we were given them, she called the manager over and I explained that we were very happy with todays service, food and the friendly manner of the staff. He was great, apologised for our last visit, took the vouchers and my card to fix up the balance, came back with a receipt for $100 on my card ( I was expecting $162 ) and said the balance is on him and he looks forward to seeing us again some time.

They are off the banned list, BUT, at the best part of $100 per head without over doing drinks it isn't a place to visit on a regular basis nor with a big group as they don't do separate bills.

This time round :

Service 9/10
Food 9/10
Ambiance 8/10

Over all - 8.5/10 and they're not going to be shit canned by me like they were last time.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:32 pm

Dutchy wrote:Interesting about the Woodcroft MT, we went there a few moths back and thought it was shit, the beer garden looks OK but I reckon they over did the reno's inside, doesn;t look or feel like a pub at all.

Might have to give it another crack based on your review though.

I agree with the renno's in the restaurant side. I think thats what they were looking for, to get away from the pub feel.
I did like the little sportsbar / TAB area tucked away with a staff member there at all times.
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Gozu » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:59 pm

Gozu wrote:Prince Albert at Gawler.

We had some nice big chicken parmies and salad with honey mustard dressing and will definitely visit again it was very tasty.

Went again yesterday for lunch and it was pretty disappointing this time. Meals took ages to come out despite being practically empty, chicken parmies were very dry this time and when we asked for some bread/rolls to have with our drinks whilst waiting for the meals were told no they cost extra.

Maybe it was because we paid upfront with a buy 1 get 1 free voucher this time but either way won't be back.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:18 am

Step daughters 18th last night seen us head to Mawson Lakes Hotel where we got to spend an evening with the missus' ex and his partner and most of our kids.

Armed with 2 x 25% vouchers up the value of $35 off we worked out how to maximise with both sets of parents.

We paid for my 22 year old daughter, the birthday girl and my 14 year old daughter along with two sons aged 13 and 11, fortunately knowing the size of the schnitty's the younger ones shared one between two to which the staff were fine with, my daughter had the lamb shanks, I had the 350g scotch fillet and the missus had the thai beef salad appetiser, came in at $117, $88 with the voucher.

The other 3 had the double seafood basket and a chicken snitty with yiros topping weighing in at $87, down do $66 with the voucher.

Everything was serves within minutes of each other although the yiros schnitzel came in halves on separate plates initially despite being ordered separately from the other half schnitty orders, they went back and put it on the one plate which was fair enough.

The Schnitzels were all adequate size, the seafood basket was ginormous, the shank was huge and was the envy of all, my scotch fillet was closer to rare rather than med-rare as per ordered which didn't bother me as it meant I had to share less and the TBS was of a healthy proportion for the price.

Super-Dry's were $5 a pint although I went with the WED @ $6.50, the did some fancy cocktails for the birthday girl for $10 a shot which made her feel special, James Squire Ciders were $8 a pint too.

The buffet was a bit crap, they had 4 salad trays and 4 hot food trays, they are normally excellent with these but was boring last night, a macaroni and cheese, a pumpkin, a mixed vegie one and a whole tray dedicated to brussell sprouts was pretty lame, I think if everyone in /Adelaide was there they would not have got through them.

Overall, to feed 10 of us and a few rounds of drinks to come in well under $300 made for a great evening, was good to get home to my Corona's after 4 pints of WED and the birthday girl was rapt after the initial awkwardness of the dinner.

8/10, the buffet lost valuable points, was hoping to capitalise on it as we've done in the past with their usual potato bake.

We have 7 kids between us, 6 of them were there last night.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby OnSong » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:28 am

Have never had a bad dining experience at Mawson Lakes.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:43 am

OnSong wrote:Have never had a bad dining experience at Mawson Lakes.

Must agree with you there, if I've had a win on the punt during the day we'll get the cab to drop us there for dinner, their Saturday night buffet is generally of a very high standard, a meal within itself.

You get to catch up with a former UFC captain while you're there too no doubt?

Nik's BBQ around the corner would have to rival the best yiros in the metro area too.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:46 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Nik's BBQ around the corner would have to rival the best yiros in the metro area too.

Pop down to Grange in summer and give the Cheeky Greek a go, best by an absolute mile (imho).

PS: If you do let me know and I'll meet you at the pub across the road :D
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:18 pm

JK wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Nik's BBQ around the corner would have to rival the best yiros in the metro area too.

Pop down to Grange in summer and give the Cheeky Greek a go, best by an absolute mile (imho).

PS: If you do let me know and I'll meet you at the pub across the road :D

Will do, gotta venture up that way most Sunday's during summer anyway, and by then I'll go back to eating unhealthily, was just saying the other day I haven't had Macca's or HJ's this year at all.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:04 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:I haven't had Macca's or HJ's this year at all.

Not missing much - worst takeaway/fast food there is.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4005 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion