I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby bennymacca » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:50 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Does anyone know if it's true that if you take a damaged phone to apple in the city they'll replace it if it's faulty.

Got a phone and it's home button doesn't work, it's only a year old.

My lock button didn't work and they replaced it for nothing, even though it was around 18 months old.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby HH3 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:43 am

bennymacca wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Does anyone know if it's true that if you take a damaged phone to apple in the city they'll replace it if it's faulty.

My lock button didn't work and they replaced it for nothing, even though it was around 18 months old.

So they took it and gave you nothing? Not a very good deal....

;)
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby bennymacca » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:14 pm

HH3 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

So they took it and gave you nothing? Not a very good deal....

;)

for, not with ;)
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby HH3 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:44 am

HH3 at lunch in year 7 wrote:Can I swap you FOR your Charazard? I have a Weedle and a Pidgy

;)
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:36 am

HH3 wrote:
HH3 at lunch in year 7 wrote:Can I swap you FOR your Charazard? I have a Weedle and a Pidgy

;)

Who wants your stinking pidgey :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:20 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
HH3 wrote:

;)

Who wants your stinking pidgey :lol:

After much negotiation, the deal fell through.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby JK » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:41 pm

Has anyone here had a Kidney Stone surgically removed, and if so what was the recovery period?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2989 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:52 pm

JK wrote:Has anyone here had a Kidney Stone surgically removed, and if so what was the recovery period?

A guy at our footy club has (twice even) - I think with the last one, he was at footy 3 days later doing his team manager duties! (although not sure he actually should've been doing that though)

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby JK » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:17 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
JK wrote:Has anyone here had a Kidney Stone surgically removed, and if so what was the recovery period?

A guy at our footy club has (twice even) - I think with the last one, he was at footy 3 days later doing his team manager duties! (although not sure he actually should've been doing that though)

Good news, cheers Chicky!!
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2989 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby shoe boy » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:17 am

When press conferences are held like for the cyclone about to hit why is someone doing hand signals for the deaf ?

Technology has moved that most if not all TV have subtitles ?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:32 am

shoe boy wrote:When press conferences are held like for the cyclone about to hit why is someone doing hand signals for the deaf ?

It's a thing ;)

Seriously though, not all deaf people can actually read subtitles, therefore in the best interests of all citizens, they have the Auslan interpreter.

Footy Chick

Postby heater31 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:38 am

shoe boy wrote:When press conferences are held like for the cyclone about to hit why is someone doing hand signals for the deaf ?

This is something the Queensland Labor Government did during the floods in 2011....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:45 am

heater31 wrote:

This is something the Queensland Labor Government did during the floods in 2011....

I thought Humphrey had been replaced
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7929 times

Postby carey » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:34 pm

carey wrote:Ok so I'm after so advice/Help in finding a wedding venue. Been engaged for 5 years now and the Mrs is now putting it on me hard to get married in Feb 2018, Today we had walk throughs at Bird in Hand Winery, Marybank winery, Mount Lofty House, Glen Ewin estate and Utopia at water fall gully. Having a look at the Grange and Glenelg golf courses next week. Any help would be great were looking around the 120-140 guests.

Geez its going to cost plenty, With this being said The Grange golf course seems the cheapest but looks really nice. At this stage looks like no change out of about $30,000. Grange looks closer to $20,000 than $30,000 the rest are basically with $1,500 of each other all close to the $30k mark.

Ideally we'd like a venue to be a 'One stop shop type of thing' Ceremony, Photos and reception all at the one venue.

The boys have planned my bucks show (Well its basically a weekend yep we get on a 42 seater bus Friday and get home Sunday) The wedding should still be on after that........ I like were doing a race meeting some where! I think.

All your help/suggestions will be appreciated.

St Francis Winery at Old Reynella it is!

Now, Does anyone know of an Adelaide based cover band for hire? I would love a band (Pending the price of course) I cant imagine it would be all that dear? considering DJ costs anyway and I don't want a DJ so a band is my preferred option.

Thanks Guys all advice will be appreciated
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:17 pm

carey wrote:
carey wrote:Ok so I'm after so advice/Help in finding a wedding venue. Been engaged for 5 years now and the Mrs is now putting it on me hard to get married in Feb 2018, Today we had walk throughs at Bird in Hand Winery, Marybank winery, Mount Lofty House, Glen Ewin estate and Utopia at water fall gully. Having a look at the Grange and Glenelg golf courses next week. Any help would be great were looking around the 120-140 guests.

Geez its going to cost plenty, With this being said The Grange golf course seems the cheapest but looks really nice. At this stage looks like no change out of about $30,000. Grange looks closer to $20,000 than $30,000 the rest are basically with $1,500 of each other all close to the $30k mark.

Ideally we'd like a venue to be a 'One stop shop type of thing' Ceremony, Photos and reception all at the one venue.

The boys have planned my bucks show (Well its basically a weekend yep we get on a 42 seater bus Friday and get home Sunday) The wedding should still be on after that........ I like were doing a race meeting some where! I think.

Now, Does anyone know of an Adelaide based cover band for hire? I would love a band (Pending the price of course) I cant imagine it would be all that dear? considering DJ costs anyway and I don't want a DJ so a band is my preferred option.

A Party With Kate.
Last edited by PatowalongaPirate on Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 449 times
Been liked: 1215 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby RustyCage » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:20 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

It's a thing ;)

Seriously though, not all deaf people can actually read subtitles, therefore in the best interests of all citizens, they have the Auslan interpreter.

Yes that, and live captioning is a few seconds behind what is being said and regularly inaccurate
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:09 pm

carey wrote:

Depends on what kind of music you want - If you want more rock stuff - i can recommend The Bluff, I'm sure @Arch44 will agree 8)

Footy Chick

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:35 pm

Well done young fella for picking a venue close to my joint!
Nothing better than free booze and cheap uber
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11855 times
Been liked: 3602 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:38 pm

carey wrote:

I went to a wedding there once and it was fantastic.
I know a band that plays rock/pop from 60s to current if youre interested, seen them about 40 times.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2051 times
Been liked: 3895 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:36 am

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7497 times