I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby Magellan » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:14 am

HH3 wrote:Is it only illegal if they get caught with a mouthful? Or is it illegal for them to be out there, obviously advertising their goods?

Certainly the latter.

Its an offence to 'accost or solicit' a person in a public place for the purpose of prostitution (including within the view or hearing of any person), or to loiter in a public place for the purpose of prostitution.

I'd imagine if the enterprising self-employed businesswoman you speak of was caught with a 'mouthful' in flagrante delicto it would be an offense closer to public decency than prostitution.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby HH3 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:25 am

Magellan wrote:
HH3 wrote:Is it only illegal if they get caught with a mouthful? Or is it illegal for them to be out there, obviously advertising their goods?

Certainly the latter.

Its an offence to 'accost or solicit' a person in a public place for the purpose of prostitution (including within the view or hearing of any person), or to loiter in a public place for the purpose of prostitution.

I'd imagine if the enterprising self-employed businesswoman you speak of was caught with a 'mouthful' in flagrante delicto it would be an offense closer to public decency than prostitution.

I thought that was the case too. That's why it confuses me how they're always standing out there so close to the police station. I guess the fine is less than their profit.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:27 am

HH3 wrote:
Magellan wrote:

Certainly the latter.

I thought that was the case too. That's why it confuses me how they're always standing out there so close to the police station. I guess the fine is less than their profit.

Should just let them go, they provide a cheap service to desperate men and could potentially save some other unwilling woman.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4352 times
Been liked: 7967 times

Postby MW » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:28 am

Brodlach wrote:I thought you might have offered your services

MW = Massive Willy

I'm usually called a Massive Dick...not sure it has the same meaning...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2653 times
Been liked: 1881 times

Postby Magellan » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:29 am

HH3 wrote:
Magellan wrote:

Certainly the latter.

And the effort in booking her is too much when she's back again the next night and no-one's complaining. Plus what else is a cop gonna do on his smoko?
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:57 pm

What is the meaning of Chico in the lolly Chico Baby

Would it be offensive to call a dark skin person a Chico?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby HH3 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:02 pm

Brodlach wrote:What is the meaning of Chico in the lolly Chico Baby

It's Spanish for "children".

So really, we're calling them Children Babies....

Chicos are a gelatinous sugar candy, similar to Jelly Babies, but rather than being fruit flavoured and in a variety of colours, they are all dark brown and are flavoured with cocoa resulting is a unique chocolate flavour. They are made by the Nestlé Corporation and marketed under their Australian brand Allen's Lollies. The word "chicos" in Spanish translates to the English word "children".[1]

Due to the image of a baby in the same colour as the candy featured on the front of the packaging, Chicos are sometimes known as "Chico Babies". However, they have never been branded, or promoted as such.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:07 pm

HH3 wrote:I drive past the Grand Junction Rd/Hanson Rd intersection every morniing, and there's usually at least one "lady of the night" putting in some OT near the petrol station.

(pause for jokes about me picking up hookers)

So anyway. This morning I was just thinking, how does the law work? Is it only illegal if they get caught with a mouthful? Or is it illegal for them to be out there, obviously advertising their goods?

I guess they stay that close to the police station for some sort of security. But wouldn't that increase their chances of being caught?

Anyway....that's what I think about on the drive to work.

I got stopped at the Hanson Road / Grand Junction Road lights about 4 or 5 years ago and a thing on the corner, opposite the servo on the southern side of Grand Junction walked over and said "Hey honey, $20 mouth $50 c..., you interested?"

Umm...not so much.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7542 times
Been liked: 10873 times

Postby HH3 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:13 pm

Booney wrote:
HH3 wrote:I drive past the Grand Junction Rd/Hanson Rd intersection every morniing, and there's usually at least one "lady of the night" putting in some OT near the petrol station.

(pause for jokes about me picking up hookers)

So anyway. This morning I was just thinking, how does the law work? Is it only illegal if they get caught with a mouthful? Or is it illegal for them to be out there, obviously advertising their goods?

I guess they stay that close to the police station for some sort of security. But wouldn't that increase their chances of being caught?

Anyway....that's what I think about on the drive to work.

I got stopped at the Hanson Road / Grand Junction Road lights about 4 or 5 years ago and a thing on the corner, opposite the servo on the southern side of Grand Junction walked over and said "Hey honey, $20 mouth $50 c..., you interested?"

Umm...not so much.

$50 later.....
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Spargo » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:19 pm

I would've said $70...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 5196 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Brodlach » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:22 pm

HH3 wrote:

Chicos are a gelatinous sugar candy, similar to Jelly Babies, but rather than being fruit flavoured and in a variety of colours, they are all dark brown and are flavoured with cocoa resulting is a unique chocolate flavour. They are made by the Nestlé Corporation and marketed under their Australian brand Allen's Lollies. The word "chicos" in Spanish translates to the English word "children".[1]

Due to the image of a baby in the same colour as the candy featured on the front of the packaging, Chicos are sometimes known as "Chico Babies". However, they have never been branded, or promoted as such.

Thanks, always wondered
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Spargo » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:28 pm

Brodlach wrote:
HH3 wrote:

Thanks, always wondered

Years ago I'd have some wizz, suck on a few fags then have gob full of Chicos...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 5196 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Brodlach » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:31 pm

I'm sure you still suck a few fags

Cobbers and Choo Choo bars were my mains
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:38 pm

HH3 wrote:
Magellan wrote:

Certainly the latter.

Half the cops are probably in on the action :)
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3575 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Jim05 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:40 pm

Brodlach wrote:
HH3 wrote:

Thanks, always wondered

Charlesworth do chocolate coated chicos, absolutely outstanding
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3575 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:55 pm

Is this type of bar still available anywhere?
Attachments
peanut bar.jpg
peanut bar.jpg (4.78 KiB) Viewed 142 times
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2437 times
Been liked: 1672 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Brodlach » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:14 pm

They were gold too!

Balfours Brazilian cake too
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:19 pm

Brodlach wrote:They were gold too!

Did it have no icing?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4352 times
Been liked: 7967 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:28 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Brodlach wrote:They were gold too!

Did it have no icing?

Haha

Simular to a Napoleon Bar but with nuts
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby DOC » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:30 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Is this type of bar still available anywhere?

https://www.facebook.com/lollyworldcafe/posts/10152411675064179
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 752 times
Been liked: 2134 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion