I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby JK » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:26 am

HH3 wrote:
JK wrote:Can't see why you wouldn't be able to cash it in (I do in our business), unless the businesses cash flow isn't where they need it to be .. Employer reduces their liability, tax man gets his share, so wins from their end.

If you take the full amount, you'll lose close to half in tax.

EDIT: Employer can also benefit from paying out at your current salary rate rather than potentially an increased rate down the track.

I'd be happy to part with $3k to take home $4k at the moment.

Currently underpaid as it is. As an Operations Manager (effectively the General Manager), I could make more working at Coles.

Go for it then I reckon mate, if you can get your employer to come to the party which sounds like it might be tricky given a few things you've said about them over the years.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:17 pm

Would it be wise to send the email with the request of LSL late this arvo just before you leave for the weekend???
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11912 times
Been liked: 3627 times

Postby nuggety goodness » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:19 pm

We are just about to sign a building contract with Fairmont and i was wondering, Do i 'need' a conveyancer? And if i do, even if it is just a safeguard for us, how much am i looking at and can you recommend any good ones?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby heater31 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:33 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:We are just about to sign a building contract with Fairmont and i was wondering, Do i 'need' a conveyancer? And if i do, even if it is just a safeguard for us, how much am i looking at and can you recommend any good ones?

House and land package?

From memory the land agent should get in contact with one. Some times the vendor of the land is the builder....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby nuggety goodness » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:36 pm

heater31 wrote:
nuggety goodness wrote:We are just about to sign a building contract with Fairmont and i was wondering, Do i 'need' a conveyancer? And if i do, even if it is just a safeguard for us, how much am i looking at and can you recommend any good ones?

House and land package?

From memory the land agent should get in contact with one. Some times the vendor of the land is the builder....

Ok, so yeah it is their land too so in effect it is a package... it is in Blakeview Grove and they've coined it 'Fairland'... plus they're shaving the price in order to offload it before the new financial year... should i ask the sales consultant or someone else?

I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby heater31 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:39 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:
heater31 wrote:

House and land package?

Ok, so yeah it is their land too so in effect it is a package... it is in Blakeview Grove and they've coined it 'Fairland'... plus they're shaving the price in order to offload it before the new financial year... should i ask the sales consultant or someone else?

If it's their land they should be handling it. Normally they won't settle on it right away as its probably not ready.
heater31

Postby Booney » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:43 pm

heater31 wrote:
nuggety goodness wrote:
heater31 wrote:

House and land package?

If it's their land they should be handling it. Normally they won't settle on it right away as its probably not ready.

Pfft, what would you know.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10815 times

Postby heater31 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:18 pm

Booney wrote:
heater31 wrote:If it's their land they should be handling it. Normally they won't settle on it right away as its probably not ready.

I've built a house before ;)

Now days the repertoire has expanded to Swimming Pools, Kindergartens and Playgrounds.....
heater31

Postby Psyber » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:33 pm

This conversation about land and building reminds me that you know you are getting older when you remember buying a block in Klemzig (on the edge of Vale Park) and A V Jennings putting the house up in 12 weeks...

(And the total cost was about $16K in 1971 - I sold it for $45K in 1976 with a little help from Gough Whitlam's induced inflationary spiral.)
Last edited by Psyber on Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 395 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Booney » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:03 pm

Whoops, dropped something there Psyber, looks like a name.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:32 pm

heater31 wrote:
Booney wrote:
heater31 wrote:If it's their land they should be handling it. Normally they won't settle on it right away as its probably not ready.

I've built a house before ;)

Now days the repertoire has expanded to Swimming Pools, Kindergartens and Playgrounds.....

Do you have a contact for someone who fixes fibreglass pools? I have a smallish crack on the inside of mine, isn't leaking, however not sure I want to wait until it starts to repair it.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

I need to know....

Postby RustyCage » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:35 pm

Breaking a lease early. We understand that there'd be advertising costs and so on if they had to advertise for someone, but what if it's just the person whose name is on the contract that's moving out and the housemate whose been there for the whole duration of the current tenancy who wants to take over the lease? We know that they'd have to check his references out and so on, but if they approve him staying on at the property should they still be charging us advertising and other similar fees?
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Booney » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:40 pm

Is there any swimming pool install people on here?

I've had a couple of quotes, but I'm thinking I'm in need of more mates rates than what I've been afforded to date. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:01 pm

Anyone with some manufacturing experience looking for some work?

Light factory work, aluminium cutting, welding, assembly type work. PM me.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby GWW » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:51 pm

If a particular ipad isnt cellular compatible, how easy is it to correct it so that it is?
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:53 pm

GWW wrote:If a particular ipad isnt cellular compatible, how easy is it to correct it so that it is?

Are you talking about a wifi only iPad?

Easiest thing to do is tether it to your phone and use that data.

You can't add cellular capability to it if it doesn't have it though
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:40 am

RustyCage wrote:Breaking a lease early. We understand that there'd be advertising costs and so on if they had to advertise for someone, but what if it's just the person whose name is on the contract that's moving out and the housemate whose been there for the whole duration of the current tenancy who wants to take over the lease? We know that they'd have to check his references out and so on, but if they approve him staying on at the property should they still be charging us advertising and other similar fees?

No, not if he has been listed as an occupant during the lease.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Magellan » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:45 am

RustyCage wrote:Breaking a lease early. We understand that there'd be advertising costs and so on if they had to advertise for someone, but what if it's just the person whose name is on the contract that's moving out and the housemate whose been there for the whole duration of the current tenancy who wants to take over the lease? We know that they'd have to check his references out and so on, but if they approve him staying on at the property should they still be charging us advertising and other similar fees?

I guess the terms of lease might have something to say about fees and additional costs, but if the lease remains in place with the same rent and terms and conditions with the remaining tenants then I'm not sure why they'd need to advertise. It simply seems like an administrative change to put someone else's name on the lease which continues as before. I'm not sure what they'd be advertising anyway. What are the other fees for?
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Ron Burgundy » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:30 am

Booney wrote:Is there any swimming pool install people on here?

I've had a couple of quotes, but I'm thinking I'm in need of more mates rates than what I've been afforded to date. ;)

Getting one quoted at the moment, so i expect to post a duplicate of yours shortly too.
Ron Burgundy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby MW » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:18 pm

MW
Coach

Has liked: 2633 times
Been liked: 1862 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion