Best Dog Rolls in Adelaide???

Anything!

Re: Best Dog Rolls in Adelaide???

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:08 pm

JK wrote:Nice wrap on FB mate .. Told ya these guys were the shiz. Never had a bad roll from there. Chuck in the extra $1 next time for double meat, won't be disappointed!!

Yep will do. Wasn't actually lacking meat but the quality of the meat means it probably deserves the extra.

Could potentially become my favourite and its about 20 minutes into the 40 minute drive to and from work so I think I will be frequenting a lot more.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 852 times

Postby JK » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:09 pm

Just caught up on the comments on there .. No doubt some young bucks that are really handy behind a keyboard, annnnnnnd thats about it!
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4466 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:40 pm

JK wrote:Just caught up on the comments on there .. No doubt some young bucks that are really handy behind a keyboard, annnnnnnd thats about it!

Yep, couldn't agree more. Not even worth responding too. Gutter trash

I do hesitate to do reviews on there for several reasons...

1. Obviously there are fools on there I have no interest conversing with.
2. Because generally I don't have the time but there is not much happening in the Football world ATM.
3. One of the great appeals of a VDR is you see it get made and it is fresh, quick and easy. I know Lemongrass went from awesome to annoying very quickly as you had to place an order and wait after a couple of months. In hindsight sharing the hidden gems is probably not in my best interest.

I think my reviews might stay on this page as I don't like waiting and not much good comes from anything on that page...except for the 100 likes that validates my entire existence ;)
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:56 pm

I havent done many reviews on there, actually probably only Hoangs .. Keep meaning to try others but only living around the corner I always stick with their tried and true Pups.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:01 pm

JK wrote:I havent done many reviews on there, actually probably only Hoangs .. Keep meaning to try others but only living around the corner I always stick with their tried and true Pups.

KGs is only 5 mins or so from there and goes OK. Smaller pups and a different flavour as they are pate free but at $4.30 you can't go wrong.

The one on Hanson Road as well is excellent. Pho Xiang or something like that. It is Mrs Wristys favourite

The one across from Regency tafe is in my top 3 but always too busy

All within ten mins of your neck of the woods
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:53 pm

What's KG's??
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:09 pm

JK wrote:What's KG's??

Near the corner of Regency and Addison ave next to the Bottle shop.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby shoe boy » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:09 am

wristwatcher wrote:HOANG @ 30B Tapleys Hill Rd.

After hearing and reading good things about this breeder I took a small detour to sample the quality of the pups. Please note that I did not tell her she was being reviewed until post pup delivery to ensure the integrity of an unbiased review.

SERVICE/STORE - I was greeted by the lady in the photo who welcomed me happily with a smile and VDR chit chat she seemed genuinely nice, she also may have been Vietnamese which cant be a bad thing. She said that she was very pleased to have my business and "hop I wool weturn". Shop looked clean and I did not have to wait a second upon arrival 5/5
WOLL - crunchy on the outside and soft in the middle. She said she took great pride in her rolls and I couldn't fault them, good size too. When I got out of the car my shirt and pants look like I had accosted by a pack of angry bread rolls who had violently sprayed their crumbs all over me. I was left a pleasant mess. Cost was $4.80 - 5/5
POK/CRACKLE - The money shot for a VDR was right on the money. Pork was beautiful without being fatty. The crackle was nice and had a combination of both chewy and crunchy. Whilst you may get more Pok at some breeders it was a fair portion and the taste was sensational 4.5/5
SARRED - The carrot had a delicate hint of pickle that complimented but not over powered. Cucumber was standard and I even had a small dabble of red onion just for a hint of crunch and texture but this also wasn't overpowering to the subtle flavours of a perfectly bred pup. Sorry I loathe coriander so I never have it and cant report on that. Only fault no Diakon - 4/5
OTHER - Sometimes I have chilli, sometimes I don't. On this occasion I didn't because as much as I like it sometimes it can dilute the overall authentic flavours and as I was popping my Hoang cherry I wanted to really orally investigate and have my taste buds give it an in depth analysis of each individual flavour as it filtered through the mouth and into the gullet. She buttered one side of the roll and put pate on the other, not sure if she added the soy at the end or not as I was salivating by that point. Pate was superb and added to experience and the "other" ingredient's complimented but not overshadow the main event. - 4.5/5

FINAL SCORE - 4.5/5. If they provide consistency this breeder has the potential to be a TOP 3. Highly recommend 8)

Where is this store ?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby shoe boy » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:19 am

Anyone ventured down to the coconut kitchen on beach road Christies Beach?

When it opened late last year the rolls where great now the filling has halved.
$5 per roll
I believe Strawberry Fair on south road to be the best I have had.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:52 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Booney wrote:The lady is always in a great mood, lovely manner and happy to see you.

The rolls are very solid, consistent and rarely disappoint.

Good review. ;)

Cheers, a keyboard moron on the facebook site has teed off on me for it.

I wish I had a job where it didn't matter what you did or said on social media ;) Surely these people know that every prospective employer checks your history now. That group is full of some of the worst filth on Facebook.

Back on topic I thought it was better than Strawberry fair and on par with the late Lemongrass

Yeah, Lemongrass was an absolute gem of a place to go to, the rolls were pretty good too!!
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4351 times
Been liked: 7956 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:24 pm

shoe boy wrote:Anyone ventured down to the coconut kitchen on beach road Christies Beach?

When it opened late last year the rolls where great now the filling has halved.
$5 per roll
I believe Strawberry Fair on south road to be the best I have had.

the neighbour visited there late last year for work and loved it
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11986 times
Been liked: 3659 times

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:19 pm

The missus just sent me a photo of one she got on the Parade. Looked average, was $7.50 :shock: and had some sort of pork extender or pork deli loaf in it to beef it up. Will not be returning. Very poor VDR :evil:
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Q. » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:28 pm

wristwatcher wrote:The missus just sent me a photo of one she got on the Parade. Looked average, was $7.50 :shock: and had some sort of pork extender or pork deli loaf in it to beef it up. Will not be returning. Very poor VDR :evil:

From Cafe Saba or Chicken Rice?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:29 pm

Q. wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:The missus just sent me a photo of one she got on the Parade. Looked average, was $7.50 :shock: and had some sort of pork extender or pork deli loaf in it to beef it up. Will not be returning. Very poor VDR :evil:

Chicken Rice and I quote "it was shit, pink red deli roll meat, roll was not crunchy, barely a 3/10"
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Q. » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:49 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Q. wrote:

Chicken Rice and I quote "it was shit, pink red deli roll meat, roll was not crunchy, barely a 3/10"

Yeah, I wouldn't go there for a roll, but their curries are ******* good.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby JK » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:35 pm

After not being overly impressed first time around, decided to give Fulham Gardens Bakery another go. Was a bit sus at the beginning when Pate was absent, but was all upside from there.
ROLL - crunchy outside, soft inside. Crumbs galore. Perfect!
SALAD - Fresh & Tasty, sensational.
PORK - might have been a bit lucky here as it had just come out of the oven. Incredible taste and amount, crackling awesome too. Like Katie Perry just performed a Lapdance on my tongue.
CHIRRI - driving along and scoffing Id forgotten Id asked for extra. Then it hit. Bugger me, I couldn't taste Katie Perry anymore, in fact I couldn't even think about her or anything else.
COST - $5.
Despite the lack of Pate this was the best roll Ive had to date. Could not recommend highly enough.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Junior coach » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:04 pm

Woodville rd Woodville opposite the Qeh on the corner Roast pork dog roll and x4 spring rolls all for $10 eat there at least twice a week.
Junior coach
Rookie

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby JK » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:26 pm

Junior coach wrote:Woodville rd Woodville opposite the Qeh on the corner Roast pork dog roll and x4 spring rolls all for $10 eat there at least twice a week.

Had my first ever Pup from there several years ago before I knew what all the fuss was about. From memory it was pretty decent.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:13 pm

JK wrote:After not being overly impressed first time around, decided to give Fulham Gardens Bakery another go. Was a bit sus at the beginning when Pate was absent, but was all upside from there.
PORK - might have been a bit lucky here as it had just come out of the oven. Incredible taste and amount, crackling awesome too. Like Katie Perry just performed a Lapdance on my tongue.
CHIRRI - driving along and scoffing Id forgotten Id asked for extra. Then it hit. Bugger me, I couldn't taste Katie Perry anymore, in fact I couldn't even think about her or anything else.
COST - $5.
Despite the lack of Pate this was the best roll Ive had to date. Could not recommend highly enough.

I drive through Fullham 4 days a week. Is the exact address 130 Valetta rd. mate? I will give it a crack tomorrow.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:24 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
JK wrote:After not being overly impressed first time around, decided to give Fulham Gardens Bakery another go. Was a bit sus at the beginning when Pate was absent, but was all upside from there.
COST - $5.

I drive through Fullham 4 days a week. Is the exact address 130 Valetta rd. mate? I will give it a crack tomorrow.

Not sure mate but I'd guess that's about right .. 2 or 3 shops down from Cheap As Chips. Their Chicken looked good too (not that I ever order it at kennels)
FUSC
JK
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion