Things that make you laugh

Anything!

Re: Things that make you laugh

Postby Magellan » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:50 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Witnessing a vulture trying to get inside the SAF group as they walked through the terminal.

Get inside? Looked like he was simply trying to ask Faf a question, which would be expected for any captain of any international cricketing team.

The Proteas seem a bit touchy and sensitive on this, and the need for a goon squad is unnecessary. He might need that kind of security strolling through downtown Johannesburg, but not when a journo's asking you a question in Adelaide airport, of all places.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby tipper » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:00 pm

HH3 wrote:Direct me to the post too, this is the most interesting thing happening today.

ok, i had sent him a pm so as not to further derail the thread, but im happy to entertain the mob.

it was in the shits thread. he has since edited it, as i pointed out it was against the rules, but he posted my name, and work details, that he had somehow tracked down. my post accusing him of intimidation is still there though. page 913 viewtopic.php?f=6&t=958&p=1762310&hilit=unregistered#wrap

it was a long time ago. apparently my memory is better than i thought.
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Spargo » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:11 pm

Adelaide Oval booze & food prices. Nothing short of a farce. If they only knew how more & more people are smuggling their own grog in now.
The reasoning behind the price increases is laughable & smacks of poor business planning.
Most overrated joint in the land.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5529 times
Been liked: 5161 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:24 pm

Spargo wrote:Adelaide Oval booze & food prices. Nothing short of a farce. If they only knew how more & more people are smuggling their own grog in now.
The reasoning behind the price increases is laughable & smacks of poor business planning.

$9.20 for a beer is ridiculous.
When the place was all new and shiny you tolerated paying $8.50 for a beer..........but at $9.20 that is bullshit!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2234 times
Been liked: 2528 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:40 am

shoe boy wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Your family was from Northern Ireland not down South I'm assuming SB?

Wedgie, Yes myself and family are from Belfast in the Occupied North.

I have never mixed religion with the armed struggle against British rule.

I'm quarter Irish but have no idea which part of Ireland my grand father came from (and never will).
Not sure which Irish team to cheer for in Euros, etc!
My partners a pom so maybe I'm a Northerner as it feels like my territory has been occupied by the British! :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3919 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:41 am

Spargo wrote:Adelaide Oval booze & food prices. Nothing short of a farce. If they only knew how more & more people are smuggling their own grog in now.

The "joint" isn't over rated, people rave about the place pretty much regardless of the event they go to see there (Bar concerts as the design of the stand roof is to "bounce" the sound back down, enhancing crowd noise at sporting events) . The pricing however is beyond reasonable and has tipped into the ridiculous.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10817 times

Postby Magellan » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:21 am

Double whammy. Not only is the grog too expensive, the spliffs on offer aren't up to snuff either.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:02 am

Magellan wrote:

Double whammy. Not only is the grog too expensive, the spliffs on offer aren't up to snuff either.

Pies and chips jumped 50c each too, 10% increase, nice work.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Booney » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:22 am

The Saffer security guard throwing his weight around to keep the microphone of some C9 schmuck out of Faf's face. Absolute gold, especially as Faf was wandering along, cans on his ears like he's Kanye ******* West. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10817 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:05 am

Booney wrote:The Saffer security guard throwing his weight around to keep the microphone of some C9 schmuck out of Faf's face. Absolute gold, especially as Faf was wandering along, cans on his ears like he's Kanye ******* West. :lol:

Will Crouch was way bigger than the security guard.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Magellan » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:26 am

Booney wrote:The Saffer security guard throwing his weight around to keep the microphone of some C9 schmuck out of Faf's face. Absolute gold, especially as Faf was wandering along, cans on his ears like he's Kanye ******* West. :lol:

I for one applaud the efforts of the South African team's security. Anything to stop us having to hear that ridiculous accent is a good thing.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:52 pm

Magellan wrote:

I for one applaud the efforts of the South African team's security. Anything to stop us having to hear that ridiculous accent is a good thing.

Dunno, I for one, am a bit of a sucker for a seth afrikaan accent ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby Magellan » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:57 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Magellan wrote:

Each to their own. ;)
Magellan
Coach

Postby am Bays » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:18 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Magellan wrote:

I just hope Faf doesn't hold a grudge after this tour, I mean, a grudge is nothing more than a plus to pork your core
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby Jase » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:04 pm

Both Mrs. Jase and I sitting watching our laptop screens as we are in a queue to buy tickets to see Harry Potter - The Cursed Child in London and getting pumped when the number of people in front of us drops by 10... She is currently number 9100 in the queue and I'm at 5895...

What an exciting life we lead... :)
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1489 times
Been liked: 560 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:02 am

It makes my work colleagues laugh when I bring a jar full of 5 cent pieces and feed them into the vending machine then press coin reject and out pops a $2 coin, winning.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:06 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:It makes my work colleagues laugh when I bring a jar full of 5 cent pieces and feed them into the vending machine then press coin reject and out pops a $2 coin, winning.

Love it. I'll be doing that from now on.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:07 am

The hysteria from the media/social media when there's a near-miss in the air.
So...the equipment and well-trained staff did their job. We should be happy about that.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:11 am

Dogwatcher wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:It makes my work colleagues laugh when I bring a jar full of 5 cent pieces and feed them into the vending machine then press coin reject and out pops a $2 coin, winning.

Love it. I'll be doing that from now on.

I must have $30 worth of them LOL
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby am Bays » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:59 pm

Old mate down from Lajamanu in the NT (beteween Yuendumu and Kalkarindji) for heart surgery and kidney issues too

Outside of FMC sucking on a durry wearing a Smoke Free NT hat

Classic, Uncle!
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1830 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion