Anzac Day 2016

Anything!

Re: Anzac Day 2016

Postby heater31 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:39 am

Booney wrote:Flying home over night from Singapore last year I could only feel for little Blake's parents. I felt for the rest of the plane too, especially us right behind them, but the little bloke cried from take off at 11pm Adelaide time in Singapore to 3:30am Adelaide time, about 3 hours from touching down. He just didn't ******* stop. [emoji38] They were at each other, Dad was trying to restrain him, physically, only to have the kid buck and writhe around, then he'd almost settle and we'd hit the smallest bump and "WAAAAA WAAAAA". Simply nothing they could do. They filled him with warm milk hoping to quiet him down, all that did was threaten to come up when he cried himself into a coughing fit. Mum had mascara all down her face from the tears, Dad was in tears....poor bastards. At one point I was contemplating just getting out the plane. [emoji38]

But hey, enjoy your trip. :lol:

Similar experience from Adelaide to Dubai. Little bastard went for almost 10 hours of a 12 hour flight. All cool as after we landed gave the little prick a high five and he laughed his head off.....why didn't I do that hours earlier.

Good luck Wubbsy your gonna need it :shock:
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby am Bays » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:49 am

cennals05 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:My god people, i'm not talking about excited kids, I'm talking full on screaming tanti's.

Again kids up to a certain age are going to throw tanti's at the worst possible time. Unless of course you were a perfect child who never once threw a tanti in public then we really shouldn't be judging. The amount of parent shaming that goes on these days is disgraceful. It seems as soon as child makes a noise anywhere in public the disapproving looks start. A little bit of understanding and empathy in these situations goes along way. I don't have kids but I understand that it is the hardest job on Earth and no matter how great a parent you are, you are not always going to be able to control when they cry or scream.

Yes kids through tantrums more often than not for attention or due to boredom. Yes it is hard job.

When I'll get into the parent shaming space is if they make no attempt to manage the behaviour or haven't planned for the occasion. yes the average two year old is going to find (weddings, ANZAC day ceremonies, footy, family dinners at a restuarant) boring as bat shit so brings their favourite toy(s), colouring books a small bit of lego to keep them occupied.

if the parent's are making attempts to pacify the kid(s) and mange them they 'll get nothing but empathy from me. Let the kids run around uncontrolled :evil: :evil:
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:03 am

Booney wrote:Flying home over night from Singapore last year I could only feel for little Blake's parents. I felt for the rest of the plane too, especially us right behind them, but the little bloke cried from take off at 11pm Adelaide time in Singapore to 3:30am Adelaide time, about 3 hours from touching down. He just didn't ******* stop. :lol: They were at each other, Dad was trying to restrain him, physically, only to have the kid buck and writhe around, then he'd almost settle and we'd hit the smallest bump and "WAAAAA WAAAAA". Simply nothing they could do. They filled him with warm milk hoping to quiet him down, all that did was threaten to come up when he cried himself into a coughing fit. Mum had mascara all down her face from the tears, Dad was in tears....poor bastards. At one point I was contemplating just getting out the plane. :lol:

I had a similar experience with a poor mum and her little girl prob 2yo on a flight home from Brisbane last year, she was having no luck whatsoever to settle her - so I gave her my ipad and let her play with that on the colouring in app that my daughter uses.. worked wonders :D

Felt for the mum though, she was on a hiding to nothing to try and settle the girl.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4039 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:55 am

heater31 wrote:
Booney wrote:Flying home over night from Singapore last year I could only feel for little Blake's parents. I felt for the rest of the plane too, especially us right behind them, but the little bloke cried from take off at 11pm Adelaide time in Singapore to 3:30am Adelaide time, about 3 hours from touching down. He just didn't ******* stop. [emoji38] They were at each other, Dad was trying to restrain him, physically, only to have the kid buck and writhe around, then he'd almost settle and we'd hit the smallest bump and "WAAAAA WAAAAA". Simply nothing they could do. They filled him with warm milk hoping to quiet him down, all that did was threaten to come up when he cried himself into a coughing fit. Mum had mascara all down her face from the tears, Dad was in tears....poor bastards. At one point I was contemplating just getting out the plane. [emoji38]

Similar experience from Adelaide to Dubai. Little bastard went for almost 10 hours of a 12 hour flight. All cool as after we landed gave the little prick a high five and he laughed his head off.....why didn't I do that hours earlier.

Good luck Wubbsy your gonna need it :shock:

:lol: our first stop is Dubai! We get on at 10pm, so fingers crossed they sleep. The furthest we've flown with both kids is qld and they were fine. My eldest loved it... My mother in law is a paedeeatric nurse of 30 odd years... She may assist with some 'cough' medicine :)
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3034 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby stan » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:56 am

Footy Chick wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:And...I used to think this way before I had kids.

Would anyone else like to throw this back in my face whilst we're here?

I dont think Dogwatchers intention was to throw this at you. His previous post made it clear that he was talking about his personal experiences.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby carey » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:00 am

Zartan wrote:
Booney wrote:Flying home over night from Singapore last year I could only feel for little Blake's parents. I felt for the rest of the plane too, especially us right behind them, but the little bloke cried from take off at 11pm Adelaide time in Singapore to 3:30am Adelaide time, about 3 hours from touching down. He just didn't ******* stop. :lol: They were at each other, Dad was trying to restrain him, physically, only to have the kid buck and writhe around, then he'd almost settle and we'd hit the smallest bump and "WAAAAA WAAAAA". Simply nothing they could do. They filled him with warm milk hoping to quiet him down, all that did was threaten to come up when he cried himself into a coughing fit. Mum had mascara all down her face from the tears, Dad was in tears....poor bastards. At one point I was contemplating just getting out the plane. :lol:

I had a similar experience with a poor mum and her little girl prob 2yo on a flight home from Brisbane last year, she was having no luck whatsoever to settle her - so I gave her my ipad and let her play with that on the colouring in app that my daughter uses.. worked wonders :D

Felt for the mum though, she was on a hiding to nothing to try and settle the girl.

Get her number? ;)
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby The Bedge » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:04 am

carey wrote:Get her number? ;)

Lol I was considering being funny then and posting your mrs number :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4039 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:17 pm

My kids never threw tantrums or misbehaved in public, if they did I wouldn't have inflicted them on others.
I wouldn't even consider taking a crying baby or child on a plane.
It's called being considerate of others which is a rarity these days.
If you can't bring up your kids correctly then others shouldn't have to pay for your incompetence.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3919 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:31 pm

Wedgie wrote:My kids never threw tantrums or misbehaved in public, if they did I wouldn't have inflicted them on others.
If you can't bring up your kids correctly then others shouldn't have to pay for your incompetence.

Not one tantrum EVER? Surely you are taking the piss?

Also let's never go anywhere at the odd chance a child may cry!!! Pathetic...

Obviously you are a perfect parent and have robots for children...

Sh*t your horse is pretty high!

Maybe you should start a forum on how to be the best dad ever...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:40 pm

We seem to have gone a long way off topic now......
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1281 times
Been liked: 3494 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:54 pm

Corona Man wrote:We seem to have gone a long way off topic now......

Agreed.
Anzac Day is the greatest public holiday we have...
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:14 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:My kids never threw tantrums or misbehaved in public, if they did I wouldn't have inflicted them on others.

Yeah, I'm not sure any parent gets to decide when their kid cries, or doesn't, or won't stop. Not at certain ages anyway.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10818 times

Postby stan » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:10 pm

Booney wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

Yeah, I'm not sure any parent gets to decide when their kid cries, or doesn't, or won't stop. Not at certain ages anyway.

Really I thought the function came with the controls and manual.....[emoji12]
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Previous

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion