Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby whufc » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:24 pm

Brodlach wrote:
whufc wrote:Facebook and ignorant uneducated people who have nothing better to do than critise everything you attempt regardless of the logistics behind it which they have no understanding off

Really makes me want to chuck it all in and just go on the dole

I'm so ******* angry right now

Is this to do with the sports centre hammer?

Yeah mate, sorry about this long rant but I have to get off my chest as im unable to reply the way I would like on our work official facebook page and obviously cant really put my displeasure on my personal facebook page.

A bit of background is that we run a junior summer soccer competition, in the last 6 months I have become centre coordinator coming from another centre but having use to work at this centre over 5 years ago as a customer service staff member.

Today was our final day of the competition (we don't do finals but it was the last round of play). Normally our end of year trophy presentation would be a two minute handout of the trophies to the kids straight after their games by a casual staff member with a ten second speech.

This year we were thrown into a bit of chaos because of the extreme weather. Unfortunately because of the hot weather our heat policy means no games can be played, normally that call would not be made to the night before based on the channel 9 service. Trying to pre empt the hot weather I rang all the coaches earlier on the Tuesday explaining that the games would most likely be called off and would they be happy to just do a presentation instead. The majority of the coaches explained their kids were really keen to play and they would rather wait until the night before as usual to make the call in the hope weather forecast would go down during the week.

Obviously this didn't happen so we did one big presentation for all the teams today. Stupid me decided to look on our facebook page just before to realise we had copped one of the biggest sprays in the history of facebook.

Ill break down his complaints in his exact words (which are fair but if he had just asked I would have been able to answer them all rather than spray everyone and personally myself as well.

-there we no trophies only medallions given out what a bunch of tight arses
(well lets just start by saying they weren't only just given medals the medal also gave each child free entry today to a public swimming pool we also manage. The children have been handed trophies for the last 20 years and the general feedback we received was that the kids were bored with getting trophies. The medals for the first time ever were individual to each team and were identical in cost to the trophies they would have normally received.

-no air-conditioning, I thinks its time you upgraded your facilities to the modern world GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!!
(now as an organisation we manage the facility for a government department, the building is an extremely old building and we have been fighting since our agreement to try and have air conditioning put in. The agreement we have puts us in a tricky situation in that the department wont give us a set contract and have the ability to evict us as management of the facility at any moment, the agreement gets reviewed every 12 months. Now my bosses and organisation are not willing to spend the quoted 150k to have air conditioning put in when we may not have the building in six months time.
We new this would be an issue and I spent numerous hours trying to find a facility we could hire. Unfortunately on such short notice we were unable to obtain a venue that could host us. I went out and spent my complete monthly budget plus extra of my own money to buy fans to cater for what was much larger crowd than we would ever cater for at one time.
Also remembering that normally in these circumstances games would be called of and the facility would be completely shut down so we are not use to operating in those conditions.

-then came the personal abuse about how whoever was the manager should be sacked instantly and never allowed to be part of a sporting facility again.
(if only they new the amount of extra hours I put in to make the competition, on average I work around 10-13 hours over my allocated hours which I don't get paid for but get time in leui I'm never able to take. I was at the facility until 9pm last night setting up for the facility and then also back there at 2am last night with the police to tidy up from the break in that we had at 11pm.
No mention of the fact that I had organised the opportunity for the children in the competition to be the match day mascot, ball boys and mat holders for Adelaide United memorable win over Sydney FC earlier in the year. Also the fact the I had spent a lot of time trying to organise Adelaide United to be part of our presentation day but unfortunately that fell through due to very fair reasons on AU's behalf.
I actually took a role reduction to go back to the centre as the word around was that it may have closed the doors due to extremely poor financials. I knew it needed someone who was passionate about the place to turn it around and since I had been playing soccer there myself since the age of 5 I would never like to see the place shut down.

Yes the day was not perfect, yes the facility is far from perfect, yes we put hours of work to try and make the best of a bad situation, yes as an organisation we went from getting 1k in game fees income to having zero income and expenditure of well over $500.

Sorry for the long rant I just don't have many people who on a Saturday night want to listen to my rant but I need to get it off my chest. Im ready to chuck it all in and let them shut the place ******* down.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5610 times
Been liked: 2538 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:50 pm

We are all hear to listen buddy.

Clearly the rant came from someone with no idea at all.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11915 times
Been liked: 3628 times

Postby cracka » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:04 pm

Hopefully the wanker was stupid enough to be identified & if so I would be nominating him/her to organise next year.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 569 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby therisingblues » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:15 pm

No good deed goes unpunished hey?
I hate these shits that sit back and take shots at those that are actually doing something.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Pseudo » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:29 pm

online product manuals.

Bought an electrical tool which came with minimal instructions, but a note to download the product manual from the manufacturer's website. Surfed over to the website and downloaded the manual - 25 megabytes worth. 50 pages in total, exactly 2 of which were in English. 96 percent of the bandwidth spent on downloading the manual was thus wasted. But hey, if I ever get the urge to learn Modern Coptic then I've got some ready-made reading material...
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1563 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby MatteeG » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:56 am

cracka wrote:Hopefully the wanker was stupid enough to be identified & if so I would be nominating him/her to organise next year.

Yep- calling them out is usually the quickest way to shut them up.

If you have no personal connection whufc (eg no kids playing in the comp etc), and it is not worth your time and effort, throw it in. Sometimes the coordinating role is a thankless task, but certainly shouldnt cause you grief.

Once the fun is gone move on.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby The Ash Man » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:53 pm

Car shopping
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 260 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:20 pm

The Ash Man wrote:Car shopping

I love car shopping! I'll come with ya :D
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:21 pm

YES!

Looking at upgrading a little and to be honest, I've never shopped in the price bracket I'm looking at and it has opened up so much I simply don't know what to look at.

I'm going to drive a Skoda Octavia RS tomorrow ( it's a Golf GTi in sheeps clothing ) as they have some pretty speccy deals on at the moment. Free auto, 12 months rego, free on roads, 5 year RAA membership, 5 year unlimited warranty, 3 year capped price servicing....

I'm also looking at a Commodore SV6, '15 model this week. I've taken a Passat R36 wagon for a spin.....I've looked at the Ford Ranger.....just can't make up my mind!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10817 times

Postby The Ash Man » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:42 pm

Booney wrote:

YES!

Looking at upgrading a little and to be honest, I've never shopped in the price bracket I'm looking at and it has opened up so much I simply don't know what to look at.

I'm going to drive a Skoda Octavia RS tomorrow ( it's a Golf GTi in sheeps clothing ) as they have some pretty speccy deals on at the moment. Free auto, 12 months rego, free on roads, 5 year RAA membership, 5 year unlimited warranty, 3 year capped price servicing....

I'm also looking at a Commodore SV6, '15 model this week. I've taken a Passat R36 wagon for a spin.....I've looked at the Ford Ranger.....just can't make up my mind!

Mine is a lease for work, has to be between $50-$70K or not worth doing.
Really like the Jeep Grand Cherokee Blackhawk but also been looking at the Outback Premium, just getting more and more confused!
Need something that can tow and be comfortable enough for road trips to Alice/Darwin
The Ash Man
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:46 pm

whufc wrote:Facebook and ignorant uneducated people who have nothing better to do than critise everything you attempt regardless of the logistics behind it which they have no understanding off

Really makes me want to chuck it all in and just go on the dole

I'm so ******* angry right now

I've got your back, Whuffer ;)
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:55 pm

The Ash Man wrote:
Booney wrote:

YES!

Really like the Jeep Grand Cherokee Blackhawk but also been looking at the Outback Premium, just getting more and more confused!
Need something that can tow and be comfortable enough for road trips to Alice/Darwin

No,no,NO! My brother has a Grand Cherokee.

9000km's in ( of only highway miles as he covers Mildura > Mt Gambier > Adelaide ) and the transmission needed replacing, he couldn't engage third gear. Tyres are scrubbed out under 40,000kms despite rotations almost monthly ( he does around 5000km's a month ) and bits of trim ( the plastic chrome around the grille and other bits ) are falling off at an alarming rate.

It's a worked provided vehicle, he hates it. It's gutless, tinny, falling a part in under 18 months.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10817 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:00 pm

Booney wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:
Booney wrote:

YES!

No,no,NO! My brother has a Grand Cherokee.

9000km's in ( of only highway miles as he covers Mildura > Mt Gambier > Adelaide ) and the transmission needed replacing, he couldn't engage third gear. Tyres are scrubbed out under 40,000kms despite rotations almost monthly ( he does around 5000km's a month ) and bits of trim ( the plastic chrome around the grille and other bits ) are falling off at an alarming rate.

It's a worked provided vehicle, he hates it. It's gutless, tinny, falling a part in under 18 months.

Careful with Subaru as well they like to consume motor oil like cups of tea......yet the manufacturer claims it is acceptable :shock:
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:20 pm

The Ash Man wrote:
Booney wrote:

YES!

Subaru Outback all the way, Jeeps are shit.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/car-compare-results/jeep_grand-cherokee_2015-vs-subaru_outback_2015
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby MW » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:03 pm

Avoid Jeeps, they are shockers for breaking down. DYOR.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2633 times
Been liked: 1862 times

Postby therisingblues » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:14 pm

Go to Youtube and search Jeep Lemon, heaps of hits come up. It's a ******* orchard of Lemons.
There's a good one of a guy smashing up his Jeep. I think I remember a news article not so long ago about a family that bought a brand new Jeep Lemon, complete with recurring problems that the manufacturer eventually decided they wouldn't fix anymore.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times

Postby Pseudo » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:29 pm

A tangential thing that gives me the sh1ts: Jeep advertising. Clearly the commercials are geared towards d!ckheads with masculinity issues. The first few chords of the jingle see me reaching for the remote control, for no other sound quite makes me want to jam my boot through the LCD screen.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1563 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Psyber » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:48 pm

Here is some reading material for car shopping:

http://www.canstarblue.com.au/vehicles/ ... liability/

http://www.news.com.au/technology/innov ... 70318e960f

http://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news/ja ... rvey-20561

Despite Renault's low reliability rating I bought the Renault Megane RS 265 14 months ago because it was just so much fun to drive, and it hasn't put a food wrong so far. I suspect/hope the poor statistics come from the cheaper or older models which did have some electrical problems...
(The statistics seem to be historical and a year or two old when you look into them.)

People I know who have Kia or Hyundai products love them.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 395 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby The Ash Man » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:24 am

Psyber wrote:Here is some reading material for car shopping:

http://www.canstarblue.com.au/vehicles/ ... liability/

http://www.news.com.au/technology/innov ... 70318e960f

http://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news/ja ... rvey-20561

Despite Renault's low reliability rating I bought the Renault Megane RS 265 14 months ago because it was just so much fun to drive, and it hasn't put a food wrong so far. I suspect/hope the poor statistics come from the cheaper or older models which did have some electrical problems...
(The statistics seem to be historical and a year or two old when you look into them.)

People I know who have Kia or Hyundai products love them.

Have actually heard really good things about the Sorrento and Santa Fe, not sure if I can bring myself to do it though
The Ash Man
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:46 am

Also heard good things about Kia and Hyundai

I have a Hondo Accord Euro and I love it. Isn't the cheapest to get serviced but havent had a single thing go wrong with it
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion